View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Fireman Ed hanging it up 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Fireman Ed hanging it up
Quote:
1. Fireman Ed is plain ol' Ed now. The man who symbolizes the J-E-T-S fan shows just how tiresome that fan is by saying he's quitting his helmet-wearing, shoulder-riding, stadium-rising cheerleader ways because some fans are just too unruly about him wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey. In a story in Metro, Ed explains why he left the Jets' turkey-gobbling loss against New England at halftime.

"I decided to leave Thursday because the confrontations with other Jets fans have become more common, even though most Jets fans are fantastic,'' he wrote.

And in my favorite paragraph of the story, he wrote: "Although I can “hold my own,” I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake. I have a responsibility to the families and kids that enjoy the game and Fireman Ed."

Fireman Ed not only offers his testosterone level there. He refers to himself in third person! And talks of not wanting to let down all those kids who wish to grow up and be like him!

For Jets-hating Dolphins fans, this is the cherry on top of their season.

The hits just keep coming for the Jests. I can't stand seeing the guy do that stupid cheer, but I do wish we had more fans with the same passion.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Fireman Ed hanging it up
Fair weather fan. :jests:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He was a dirt bag anyway.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:

Look, I find his chanting ridiculously annoying, but dirt bag? Why is that?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

My words were auto-edited by the site. I originally used the term associated with a feminine hygiene product and a bag. Lol.
:grin:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:15 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He's D-bag Jet's fan plain and simple. Other Jet's fans busts his chops about wearing a Sanchez jersey should tell you everything you need to know regarding Jet's fans....bye bye Fireman Ed.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:20 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

in other somewhat fanatic fan related news. Minnesota Vikings long time human non-official Viking mascot is also done with the gimmick and is going to focus 100% on his teaching career. Another fan is stepping in after this season. Greenbay Packer fans gave no ***** that day.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well, he's taking on the Jets personality ... quitting.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:23 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Wonder if there will still be the dumb chant.....

I have heard that this guy is actually rather nice and respectful, unlike most Jets fans.. Had a few friends up there a couple years ago, got pictures n crap with him. Said he was polite, offered them beer and food at the tailgate...
Didnt sound like a bad guy...

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:34 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Maybe he can switch alliances , become a Dolphin superfan & be one of the 25 fans that show up for home games.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:36 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Maybe he can switch alliances , become a Dolphin superfan & be one of the 25 fans that show up for home games

Yeah him and Big popa pump can dance together.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The guy was just passionate about his team. I cannot stand the Jets, but the guy for many years was a ring leader to get the stadium all fired up. A lot of New Yorkers are perceived as arrogant and in a lot of ways it is a way of life that some folks in that area have a different approach to life and when you see this guy out in the stands, I think perception would put him in the light of some dude with a fireman helmet on screaming and starting chants for his team and may come across a bit cocky too.

It is a shame for anyone to take ridicule at a game and to the point where you are getting heckled by many and even threatened. Some idiots target people just to get a rise out of them and maybe that was what was happening to him and he felt he needed to back off.

I would not be surprised if the Jets owner or someone in their main office reach out to him because he has been that much of a figure head as a Jets fan over the years.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:47 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Not that I really care about the Jets, but Tebow is the only #2 quarterback that can't get on the field when the starter sucks. The season is over, put him in there and see how the team responds. If he sucks, put the #3 QB in there.

Still, Sanchez is giving me a good laugh at the Jets, so, if they want to keep him in there then I am also fine with that.

:)

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:13 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree Dave. Sanchez will lead to Rex Ryan's eventual demise as head coach if he continues to stay with him. Jets may be back at the drawing board drafting another QB. It is a pure Goat Rodeo for that ball club right now.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:18 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Big Papa Pump has spoken.

Quote:
Dolphins’ top fan rips Fireman Ed: “You’re a disgrace, man”

Fireman Ed stepping aside as the Jets’ most visible fan has not gone unnoticed by one of his AFC East rivals.

The Dolphins superfan who goes by the name Big Papa Pump told 790 The Ticket in Miami that he’d never quit on his team, and doesn’t respect a fan who would.

“If you’re stepping down because of what you see, getting your butt whupped week-in and week-out and you haven’t been to the Super Bowl since Super Bowl III, that is a wuss. That is a wuss,” Pump said, via ESPNNewYork.com. “You don’t back out of your team like that. That’s something you don’t do. You don’t step down from being a super fan. You don’t do that. Fireman Ed, you’re a disgrace, man.”

For the record, Fireman Ed didn’t say he’s stepping down because the Jets are losing. He said he’s stepping down because the atmosphere at MetLife Stadium has become so poisonous that he can’t go to a game without having nasty confrontations with other fans. But Pump says Ed is sending the wrong message to the team.

“This team is looking up to him and this is what he’s telling them? You quit? You just give up? If you’re winning and you quit, it’s another thing. But you’re losing and you quit, that’s even worse,” Pump said.

Pump’s loyalty to his team is admirable. But if he’s right that the Jets are looking up to Ed, then that team is in even bigger trouble than any of us realized.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... grace-man/

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

This is the real Big Poppa Pump...

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:22 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

He's a Jets Fan...they're all dirtbags.... :)

Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:43 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Big Papa Pump has spoken.

Quote:
Dolphins’ top fan rips Fireman Ed: “You’re a disgrace, man”

Fireman Ed stepping aside as the Jets’ most visible fan has not gone unnoticed by one of his AFC East rivals.

The Dolphins superfan who goes by the name Big Papa Pump told 790 The Ticket in Miami that he’d never quit on his team, and doesn’t respect a fan who would.

“If you’re stepping down because of what you see, getting your butt whupped week-in and week-out and you haven’t been to the Super Bowl since Super Bowl III, that is a wuss. That is a wuss,” Pump said, via ESPNNewYork.com. “You don’t back out of your team like that. That’s something you don’t do. You don’t step down from being a super fan. You don’t do that. Fireman Ed, you’re a disgrace, man.”

For the record, Fireman Ed didn’t say he’s stepping down because the Jets are losing. He said he’s stepping down because the atmosphere at MetLife Stadium has become so poisonous that he can’t go to a game without having nasty confrontations with other fans. But Pump says Ed is sending the wrong message to the team.

“This team is looking up to him and this is what he’s telling them? You quit? You just give up? If you’re winning and you quit, it’s another thing. But you’re losing and you quit, that’s even worse,” Pump said.

Pump’s loyalty to his team is admirable. But if he’s right that the Jets are looking up to Ed, then that team is in even bigger trouble than any of us realized.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... grace-man/

I'd love to see Big Poppa Pump and Fireman Ed put on some gloves and go at it.
:grin:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:16 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Did anyone see the butt-fumble? The Jets find new ways to embarrass themselves.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:55 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
I agree Dave. Sanchez will lead to Rex Ryan's eventual demise as head coach if he continues to stay with him. Jets may be back at the drawing board drafting another QB. It is a pure Goat Rodeo for that ball club right now.

Honestly though. What does he have to work with on offense? No running game & his Wr are crap. Hill has big time potential, but that does not help right now. Outside that they have less than Miami.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:03 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Honestly though. What does he have to work with on offense? No running game & his Wr are crap. Hill has big time potential, but that does not help right now. Outside that they have less than Miami.

I seem to remember people on here freaking out because Hill had an amazing first practice against Revis. LOL

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

I seem to remember people on here freaking out because Hill had an amazing first practice against Revis. LOL

The guy has ability, he's comes from the same system that Demaryius Thomas and Calvin Johnson come from. It's just a matter of the kid developing his game. If he does that he could be every bit as good as Thomas, well, if the Jets ever find someone capable of getting him the ball consistently.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
The guy has ability, he's comes from the same system that Demaryius Thomas and Calvin Johnson come from. It's just a matter of the kid developing his game. If he does that he could be every bit as good as Thomas, well, if the Jets ever find someone capable of getting him the ball consistently.

Except for that issue with dropping balls.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Yeah, the problem with those Georgia Tech receivers is your mostly buying potential. Since they run that triple option rushing attack the only real plays these guys get are playaction go routes straight down the field. So a lot of these guys have good straight line speed and size, they just lack a lot of the polish and route running ability that other receivers have. When you're used to blocking 75% of the time it takes away from your ability as a receiver. Also, they're probably not used to seeing defenders going down the field with them hanging on their hip. In college if you're 6'4" and run a 4.4, you're usually wide open if the playaction works. In the NFL, on a good day you'll have a step on the guy.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Ha, I would say that is a minor talent that you need to have in the NFL. Jets are a team that is like a yarn ball unraveling and selfishly I hope they finish 4-12.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]