View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Tannehill's 4th quarter today 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Tannehill's 4th quarter today
AQNOR wrote:
jammer wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Hmm if the piss poor talent is doing good it is because of Tannehill? If Tannehill is doing poor is it because of the piss poor talent?

And if Tannehill has good games its because the opposing defense didn't have enough tape on him, the running game took over or he was bailed out by a bad call.

It works both ways here.

Again people are trying to attribute things to my posts which have no bearing on them. Why you insist on doing this I have no idea except maybe to repeat your own thoughts. Which is fine. Why you include my posts in this is baffling.

stop asking so many questions if you get offended when people answer them truthfully.
All your questions do is stir the pot.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:24 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Thanks for responding to my post by not addressing any of the questions. There seem to be a theme going on of people using my posts as a launching pad to put down their thoughts, that don't have to do with what I am posting.

I hope it is obvious in my post that I did not say that yards is the only measure of talent.

My question is more along the line of getting an answer to a question like ... so if the Phins have 2 WR who have close to 1000 yard seasons does that mean that those 2 Wr have piss poor talent. Because that is how they have been alluded too. If you did not allude to them that way and don't think that is true about them, maybe the post is not for you?

it's you who should be having a conversation with yourself. We're all trying to respond to your questions and all you've done is complain and point fingers. Because we don't agree with your viewpoint.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:27 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Again people are trying to attribute things to my posts which have no bearing on them. Why you insist on doing this I have no idea except maybe to repeat your own thoughts. Which is fine. Why you include my posts in this is baffling.

I quoted what you said and gave what the other side says. Posts get quoted, its not a big deal and not always some shot at the poster.

People need to chill out on the Tannehill topic overall. We've already reached Henne stage 4 battles and the kid only has 10 games under his belt.

this is basically trolling. This guy keeps saying one thing about our 2 WR's. And then when you respond to him he plays Mr. Innocent....."Oh I didnt say that! Please don't include Me in your argument! well guess what Mr. Aqnor, it's a message board where people are going to call you out and challenge what you say. If you can't handle that then don't post.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:32 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
this is basically trolling. This guy keeps saying one thing about our 2 WR's. And then when you respond to him he plays Mr. Innocent....."Oh I didnt say that! Please don't include Me in your argument! well guess what Mr. Aqnor, it's a message board where people are going to call you out and challenge what you say. If you can't handle that then don't post.

Stick a fork in it already. My God.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:

stop asking so many questions if you get offended when people answer them truthfully.

lol not offended at all.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for responding to my post by not addressing any of the questions. There seem to be a theme going on of people using my posts as a launching pad to put down their thoughts, that don't have to do with what I am posting.

I hope it is obvious in my post that I did not say that yards is the only measure of talent.

My question is more along the line of getting an answer to a question like ... so if the Phins have 2 WR who have close to 1000 yard seasons does that mean that those 2 Wr have piss poor talent. Because that is how they have been alluded too. If you did not allude to them that way and don't think that is true about them, maybe the post is not for you?

it's you who should be having a conversation with yourself. We're all trying to respond to your questions and all you've done is complain and point fingers. Because we don't agree with your viewpoint.

Which of my view points is it that you all don't agree with?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
jammer wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

I quoted what you said and gave what the other side says. Posts get quoted, its not a big deal and not always some shot at the poster.

People need to chill out on the Tannehill topic overall. We've already reached Henne stage 4 battles and the kid only has 10 games under his belt.

If being factual is trolling then so be it.

How is it that I am not handling it?

I think I will leave it up to the mod's to tell me when to stop posting.

It seems like this might be getting to be personal for you? If not my apologies in advance for a mischaracterization. To spare the board our back and forth why not just pm?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Not sure how some people automatically equate yards to talent, when it comes to a WR.....

So are there other positions where yards equal talent? If so is the WR position the only one where that is not true. Are yards any measure of talent at the WR position?

Yards is one indicator, but one that can be misleading with WR's.

For starters whose yardage total will be in the range that Bess and Hartline's will be, TD's and YAC are more important stats. Right now, Hartline produces no after the catch ability at all. Bess does, but not down the field or in chunks. Neither makes plays in the redzone or creates touchdowns for themselves.

AQNOR wrote:
So your position is that the components of the unit are good but the unit is piss poor? Is this a different position than the one you had on another post where you stated that the weapons on the Phins were piss poor? In that post I don't think there was any mention of units.

When I say the weapons are piss poor, (btw, let's stop using this word, I'm tired of it lol), I don't mean that every single player is a bad player. What I mean is that the supporting cast taken as a whole is a bad one. It's no where near even an average WR/TE unit, in my opinion.

Hartline is a solid guy in his role. So is Bess, and even Fasano...but the role Fasano plays, (or should play), is not that of a #1 TE. Hartline and Bess are possession, 3rd WR's, not starters. Combine that with nobody else at those positions even contributing in the slightest, and I'd classify this as a bad group of players.

When you do get a contribution out of somebody else, (Clay), and the protection actually held up in the 4th quarter, we saw how much better the offense, and Tannehill got.

Ryan has been asked to carry this offense himself way too often, and then gets criticized for not being able to do so against Tennessee and Buffalo. That's why I get a bit frazzled talking about all this. People expect way too much out of a guy that nobody thought would be ready to even play a single snap as a rookie.

Thanks for the clarification. I am not sure if I agree with you assessment of the pass catching unit as a whole (bottom 3 in the league) but it does make me want to look into it a bit more. Thanks for getting me to think about it.

I have been thinking that there has been a bigger problem with our O line than other units.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:25 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

AQNOR wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

lol not offended at all.

It seems there is an epidemic here where people are responding to one person and thinking they are responding to another.

It happened to me earlier in this thread with Junkie...

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:17 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Hey Thrawn...are you talkin' ta me? :angry: If you're going to mention me.....did someone mention pot? :)

BTW, earlier it was only logical to link your answer to my post, imo.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:18 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
earlier it was only logical to link your answer to my post, imo.

Really? Based on what, the fact that I didn't quote your post?

If that's what you call logic...

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:26 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
earlier it was only logical to link your answer to my post, imo.

Really? Based on what, the fact that I didn't quote your post?

If that's what you call logic...

Your opinion challenged what I said in the post. Look if you're going to post an opinion on a public board, don't be butt-hurt when someone calls you out on it. No big deal.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:36 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

swerve13 wrote:

don't kid yourselves, Bess and Hartline are not elite receivers by any stretch. Their numbers were pedestrian before Tannehill started throwing the passes. These guys arent even in the same realm as Julio Jones, Roddy White, Jordy Nelson, Demarius Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson and so-on and so-on....
Agree. I like Bess. He usually moves the chains.

Hartline is good, but not starter good. Don't see replacing his talent as that hard. I may be proven wrong, but I see him as the guy that kills you when you are focusing on stopping the top guys. I think he can exploit the lesser DBs of the league, but cannot hang weekly with the better DBs.

swerve13 wrote:
Hartline has way too many 0 to 2 catch games to ever be considered a #1 WR.
Hartline fits best as a No. 3/4. Brandon Stokley role in Denver.

swerve13 wrote:
His season is inflated by the Arizona game.
Understatement of the yr.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:15 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Here's an NFL.com video of the last drive .....good stuff.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphin ... s-comeback

As Rich once said, we need to see Tanny making more plays with his legs to loosen D's up.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:23 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
His season is inflated by the Arizona game.
Understatement of the yr.

But Tanny's isn't? The inflated argument is always self-serving.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:23 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Rock Sexton wrote:

Tanny's isn't what?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Tanny's isn't what?

I've seen this "Hartline's stats are inflated by the AZ game" argument a few times from Swerve ..... but I don't see anyone saying that about Tannehill's.

Why does that kind of thing only work against Hartline?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Rock Sexton wrote:
I've seen this "Hartline's stats are inflated by the AZ game" argument a few times from Swerve ..... but I don't see anyone saying that about Tannehill's.

Why does that kind of thing only work against Hartline?

I've not seen anyone saying anything about Tanny's stats outside TD/Int ratio. Not read every thread here either, so its possible I've missed it.

Hartline is 43 catches for 554 Yds & zero TDs outside the Ari. game. 55 for 807 with a TD with it. I can see where one would suggest his stats are inflated by the one game.

Tannehill stats are probably a little more inflated also.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:39 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Hey Thrawn...are you talkin' ta me? :angry: If you're going to mention me.....did someone mention pot? :)

BTW, earlier it was only logical to link your answer to my post, imo.

Thrawn. :awe: Thrawn needs to drop by again.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Your opinion challenged what I said in the post.

Really??? So I was challenging a post I didn't even read with this...

Rich wrote:
Tannehill actually led 3 game tying or winning drives in the 4th quarter.

I wasn't giving an opinion. I stated a fact. Tannehill led the Dolphins on 3 game tying or game winning drives in the fourth quarter. There is no opinion there.

We entered the 4th quarter down 14-7.

Tannehill led a TD drive. 14-14 - game tying drive.
Leon Washington scored on a kick return. Tannehill led another TD drive. 21-21. game tying drive.

Tannehill moved the offense into field goal range. Kick made. Game over. 24-21.

I'm not sure where there is any opinion in that or why you're struggling with deciphering what I said in the post. It's pretty straight forward.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:36 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:

As Rich once said, we need to see Tanny making more plays with his legs to loosen D's up.

He doesn't need to do it much, just often enough to keep defenses guessing. All it takes is for him to take off from the pocket and pick up one or two first downs a game with his feet and it will drive defenses crazy.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

He doesn't need to do it much, just often enough to keep defenses guessing. All it takes is for him to take off from the pocket and pick up one or two first downs a game with his feet and it will drive defenses crazy.

WK ....

I'm not just talking about rushing out of the pocket. I'm talking about moving around in the pocket, rolling out, creating time and lanes with his feet.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

WK ....

I'm not just talking about rushing out of the pocket. I'm talking about moving around in the pocket, rolling out, creating time and lanes with his feet.

I think Tannehill has done a pretty good job of stepping up and moving around in the pocket so far this season. He had some very nice plays last week where he stepped up and delivered some strikes late in the 4th. But you're right, we should be doing more to move him around and shift the pocket. My only concern is we don't have athletic enough linemen to move the pocket the way our coaches want. You see it very often that when Tannehill rolls out his protection is often a step behind or they simply cannot hold their blocks long enough.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

WK ....

I completely agree. Tannehill's the kind of QB that needs to play like Favre and Rodgers, creating from a moving position. He's not a statue quarterback. He throws better on the move. I fully believe that Tannehill can be a top 5 quarterback when he reaches his full potential.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3