View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Week 13 matchup/injuries 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Week 13 matchup/injuries
Quote:
Week 13: Wednesday injury/participation report

Permalink|Comments ()Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe StaffNovember 28, 2012 04:46 PM

Six Patriots players did not practice today, including Chandler Jones, who continues to be out with an ankle injury suffered against the Colts, and both right guard Dan Connolly and right tackle Sebastian Vollmer.

New England had a full-pads practice today.

For the Patriots
Did not participate
G Dan Connolly - back
TE Rob Gronkowski - forearm/hip
DE Chandler Jones - ankle
G Logan Mankins - ankle/calf
OT Sebastian Vollmer - back/knee
OT Markus Zusevics - illness

Limited participation
DT Ron Brace - elbow
S Patrick Chung - shoulder/hamstring
WR Julian Edelman - concussion
TE Aaron Hernandez - ankle
LB Dont'a Hightower - hamstring
WR Brandon Lloyd - knee
DT Kyle Love - knee
OL Nick McDonald - shoulder
WR Matthew Slater - concussion
LB Brandon Spikes - knee
WR Wes Welker - ankle
LB Tracy White - foot

Full participation
LB Jerod Mayo - elbow

For the Dolphins
Did not participate
RB Jovorskie Lane - knee

Limited participation
TE Anthony Fasano - hip
LB Austin Spitler - ankle

Full participation
WR Davone Bess - wrist
CB Nolan Carroll - neck
LB Karlos Dansby - biceps
QB Pat Devlin - hip
S Reshad Jones - thumb
RB Thomas Daniel - knee/ankle

Belichick talks Dolphins

Permalink|Comments ()Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe StaffNovember 28, 2012 01:12 PM

By Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff
Before heading out to a chilly practice, Patriots coach Bill Belichick met with media to talk about Sunday's game against the Dolphins:
On receiver Davone Bess:
He's quick, he's got good speed, good hands, he's a smart route-runner, has explosive one-step quickness, he's strong. He's tough after the catch. He's obviously smart (because) he does a lot of different things, crossing routes, options routes, things like that.

On the slot receiver position and how it differs from boundary receiver:
It's a different world out there. There's a lot more people involved: linebackers, safeties...and it's really important that the receiver and the quarterback see things exactly the same, when to slow down, when to speed up. It takes some work and the visual communication between those two players is more difficult; there are more variables inside, especially when you get to option routes. I think it takes a lot to play that position.

On Miami RB Reggie Bush and the challenge he presents:
"He's a dynamic player; you have to know where he is on every play. He can get the ball in a lot of different ways. He has good strength for his size, he's not a fullback, but he runs with good power for his size. He can run through tackles, he can run around them, sort of like (Buffalo's C.J.) Spiller. You've got to know where he is, there's no question.

On whether he'll talk with the team about wrapping up the AFC East title this week:
It is what it is. We all know that the fewer games there are, the more important they become. Each one gets bigger - 16 games is 16 games, but now there's five games left. I'm sure they'll get bigger each week as we go. We know it's a big game. Miami knows it's a big game.

On Miami center Mike Pouncey:
He's good. Very good. Strong - he's a 300-pound guy but he plays stronger than that; he has good playing strength, good hand strength, good punch, he's athletic....He's a good finisher, his shotgun snaps have improved. He's one of the best centers in the league - him, (the Jets' Nick) Mangold, they're probably the best we'll face. (Buffalo's Eric) Wood is another good center in this division.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Week 13 matchup/injuries
Unless I see Brady on that injury report, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We're 3-2 at home, they're 4-2 on the road. The Patriots will either clinch the division this week, or we'll manage to delay the inevitable for a week or two more. Hopefully the Tannehill that showed up in the 4th quarter last week shows up for this game ready to play 4 quarters. If that happens, maybe we've got a shot. If not, hopefully we can keep it close.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
For the second time in less than three weeks, Patriots coach Bill Belichick fielded questions about one of his players being suspended by the NFL for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances. Neither suspension, Belichick said, had to happen.

The NFL announced Monday that defensive end Jermaine Cunningham was to immediately begin a four-game suspension, so he will miss Sunday’s game at Miami, home dates with Houston and San Francisco, and the Dec. 23 game at Jacksonville. Running back Brandon Bolden has been out since Nov. 9 and is eligible to return next week. The league does not specify what substance triggers the discipline.

“Those situations are unfortunate,” Belichick said Tuesday in his weekly teleconference. “Neither one of them needed to happen, they weren’t that important, but they were violations, so they are what they are.”

Belichick was asked, as a result of Bolden’s suspension earlier this month, if he discussed the issue with the team. Cornerback Aqib Talib also has served a four-game suspension this season for violating the league’s PED policy, but it began when he was still playing for Tampa Bay.

And Spikes last season

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... story.html

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Edelman left Thursday’s game against the Jets with a head injury . . . The Patriots are 57-15 against teams from the AFC East since 2001, but seven of the losses have been to Miami . . . Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf will call Sunday’s game on CBS.

Edelman again proving that he can't handle a consistant work load.

Dierdork ...Great

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
•No. 1: Patriots, 24
•No. 2: New York Jets, 22
•No. 3: Miami Dolphins. 16
•No. 4: Buffalo Bills, 14

It turns out the Patriots have the top three pass droppers in the division. Pro Bowl receiver Wes Welker (seven), Pro Bowl tight end Rob Gronkowski (five) and veteran receiver Brandon Lloyd (five) are the three biggest culprits. Receiver Donald Jones (four) of the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets rookie receiver Stephen Hill (four) round out the top five in the AFC East

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... t-in-drops

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:04 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Looks like "Yo Soy Fiesta" will be taking the party to sunny Florida.

Patriots star tight end Rob Gronkowski will spend his autumns in New England for the foreseeable future, but it looks like he'll be living large in Florida when the football season is over.

Gronkowski, currently recovering from a broken left forearm, recently closed on a deal to purchase a 4,781-square-foot mansion in Tampa for $1.6 million according to a report from TMZ.

The new House of Gronk reportedly has 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, built-in fish tanks, a premium surround sound system, three outdoor entertainment areas, an infinity pool, spa, and ocean views. See photos on TMZ's site.

Gronkowski signed a six-year, $54 million contract extension with the Patriots in June

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:05 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
FOXBOROUGH — The ties to New England are unmistakable if not unbreakable for Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin. A native of Springfield, Philbin attended Worcester Academy and began his coaching career as an offensive line coach at Worcester Tech in 1986.

After leaving the area to work as offensive coordinator/line coach at Allegheny College in Pennsylvania from 1990-93, then offensive line coach at Ohio University in 1994, Philbin returned to New England.

Out of work following the Bobcats’ 0-11 season in 1994, Philbin credited Barry Gallup, then Northeastern’s athletic director and football coach, for giving him a big break — hiring him as the Huskies’ offensive coordinator and line coach in 1995.

“Barry Gallup, who is the associate AD at Boston College, was nice enough to give me a job when I was unemployed after going to Ohio University and we went a glamorous 0 for 11 and didn’t have any job,’’ Philbin recalled Wednesday in a conference call with the New England media in advance of Sunday’s home game against the Patriots.

“I had four children and my wife was pregnant, and Barry was good enough to give me a job. I loved coaching every minute there and I was the offensive coordinator and Barry was excellent to work for.

“We had a winning season [6-5], the first time I think they ever had one there in the Yankee Conference, in 1996, I want to say.’’

That led to an opportunity for a similar role at Harvard, where Philbin spent two seasons on Tim Murphy’s staff, 1997-98.

“I used to drive by Harvard every single day going to work at Northeastern, and so I cut my commute down about 10 minutes,’’ Philbin said. “Tim Murphy’s done a fantastic job there as you guys know, excellent coach and the program that he has there. I really enjoyed that experience there as well.’’

Philbin turned to coaches with whom he worked at NU and Harvard to help fill his staff with the Dolphins.

He hired Jim Turner, a Braintree native and former BC standout who worked alongside Philbin at NU, to coach the offensive line and Lou Anarumo, a former Harvard assistant head coach during Philbin’s tenure with the Crimson, as Miami’s defensive backs coach.

Philbin turned to Mike Sherman, the former Green Bay Packers and Texas A&M head coach from Northborough (who was also his English teacher at Worcester Academy), as his offensive coordinator. For a defensive coordinator, Philbin hired Kevin Coyle, the former Holy Cross defensive coordinator with whom Philbin first became acquainted while working together at Crusaders football camps.

“We’ve got quite a few guys from the region, no doubt about it,’’ Philbin said. “When I was fortunate to get this job, I knew it was going to be important to hire, No. 1, excellent coaches, but, No. 2, people I could have total trust and faith in and guys who were loyal.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... story.html

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:12 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dierdork ...Great

Kev, we will all have to PAINFULLY listen to his commentating.......

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:53 am

Finhead34 wrote:
Dierdork ...Great

Kev, we will all have to PAINFULLY listen to his commentating.......

He's terrible. I do love Greg Gumbel though. Best play by play guy out there.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Let's hope Greg Gumbel mutes Dierdork's microphone as I like Gumbel too.

Unfortunately, when Dork is paired with anyone good, his annoying tone still gets under your skin and can dominate the commentating. At least thats how I feel when he is involved.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]