View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Herald: Dolphins get tough 2013 schedule 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Herald: Dolphins get tough 2013 schedule
Quote:
Here’s yet another reason why the Dolphins need to improve their defensive backfield: They will be facing some of the league’s best passing attacks next season.

The NFL has confirmed most of next year’s team-by-team matchups (without dates or times), and the Dolphins’ home schedule will include Baltimore, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina and the AFC West team that finishes in the same spot as Miami (likely Chargers, Raiders or Chiefs), as well as AFC East rivals New England, Buffalo and the Jets.

The Dolphins’ road schedule, besides the other AFC East teams, will include Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa Bay and the AFC South team that finishes in the same spot as the Dolphins (Colts, Titans or Jaguars).

That means, barring injuries, matchups against Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, much-improved Josh Freeman, Cam Newton, Andy Dalton – and, as usual – two against Tom Brady.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:40 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Herald: Dolphins get tough 2013 schedule
Some of those elite teams will fall off. Draft Wr's, Cb's and DE's. Re-sign Long (I know, I know) since there isn't anyone else out there. Sprinkle in a guard and safety, we should be OK. Then draft BPA.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Makchell wrote:
Some of those elite teams will fall off. Draft Wr's, Cb's and DE's. Re-sign Long (I know, I know) since there isn't anyone else out there. Sprinkle in a guard and safety, we should be OK. Then draft BPA.

Couldn't agree more.

I think in Free Agency you have to do what it takes to shore up the O-line...doesn't take spending big money at any individual position, but you have to clean it up.

So help me God if they draft an offensive lineman in the first 2 days....

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:05 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

I think in Free Agency you have to do what it takes to shore up the O-line...doesn't take spending big money at any individual position, but you have to clean it up.

So help me God if they draft an offensive lineman in the first 2 days....

:grin: This line should get better..It's very young and learning a new system.Compitition would help..We are in good position to find a gem.

Wr./TE. can also be adressed in free agency..Sign a couple good vets

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Kev1321 wrote:

:grin: This line should get better..It's very young and learning a new system.Compitition would help..We are in good position to find a gem.

Wr./TE. can also be adressed in free agency..Sign a couple good vets

Build your primary guys offensively through the draft. I'm not opposed to kick starting the rebuilding process of that unit with 1 veteran guy, (Jennings, even Wallace), but I'm not building it through Free Agency.

You're right that the line should improve. Pouncey and Martin will progress, and you'd hope Long has a better season (if he's here) in 2013. But Incognito and Jerry should be replaced.

Shore up the line in FA, I'm not opposed to adding 1 WR, get depth at safety and LB and then build through the draft. Miami's first few picks should consist strictly of DE, WR, TE, CB, and probably in that order given where the value is in the draft. I'd flip if they invested in any other spot, honestly.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Kev1321 wrote:
This line should get better..It's very young and learning a new system.

Pouncey is a keeper. Franchise Jake Long. Give Jonathan Martin another year to grow. But the guards will probably be gone. They just don't fit the zone blocking scheme the Dolphins are trying to run.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
This line should get better..It's very young and learning a new system.

Pouncey is a keeper. Franchise Jake Long. Give Jonathan Martin another year to grow. But the guards will probably be gone. They just don't fit the zone blocking scheme the Dolphins are trying to run.

I agree, they're big maulers, they're not the athletic type guards that can pull and get to the next level like we need.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]