All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24879
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Here is the entire QBR list for the AFC East in Week 12:
•No. 1: Tannehill, Dolphins, 88.9
•No. 2: Brady, Patriots, 82.4
•No. 3: Mark Sanchez, Jets, 22.9
•No. 4: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills, 16.3


http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... dges-brady

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:55 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8332
Location: MA
Is that because he did it in the 4th quarter and not a second quarter blowout?

I don't even know how QBR is calculated.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6502
jammer wrote:
I don't even know how QBR is calculated.

By some asinine formula, that has little to do with how well a Qb plays. IMO


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24879
Location: Miami, FL
Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:
I don't even know how QBR is calculated.

By some asinine formula, that has little to do with how well a Qb plays. IMO


The same could be said of QB rating seeing as how it doesn't take into account QB rushes or rushing TDs by QBs, passes tipped by the receiver into the hands of a defender, sacks caused by a QB holding onto the ball too long etc.

A measure is as good as the data used to compile it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12166
Location: Raleigh, NC
Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:
I don't even know how QBR is calculated.

By some asinine formula, that has little to do with how well a Qb plays. IMO



•No. 1: Tannehill, Dolphins, 88.9 win
•No. 2: Brady, Patriots, 82.4 win
•No. 3: Mark Sanchez, Jets, 22.9 ugly loss
•No. 4: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills, 16.3 loss

Yep, see what you mean.


.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:14 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
jammer wrote:
Is that because he did it in the 4th quarter and not a second quarter blowout?

I don't even know how QBR is calculated.


Yeah, it takes into consideration the situation in which the QB did what he did.

So a 4th quarter comeback and 4th quarter game winning drive are worth huge points.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:21 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8250
Let's see the QBs this weekend, I'm scared......


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5167
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
If a rating is just a number I like this number ... 190. That is what the Patriots have scored their last 4 games. And that is the same number they will have scored after this Sunday. Once our defense stymies Brady he will know there is a new sheriff in town ... Mr. Tannehill.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:09 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9472
Location: Fargo, ND
FINesse wrote:
If a rating is just a number I like this number ... 190. That is what the Patriots have scored their last 4 games. And that is the same number they will have scored after this Sunday. Once our defense stymies Brady he will know there is a new sheriff in town ... Mr. Tannehill.

Well then, its settled. Another Phins shutout/blowout! Whoohoo


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 324
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Phins Rock wrote:
jammer wrote:
Is that because he did it in the 4th quarter and not a second quarter blowout?

I don't even know how QBR is calculated.


Yeah, it takes into consideration the situation in which the QB did what he did.

So a 4th quarter comeback and 4th quarter game winning drive are worth huge points.


QBR does not take game situations into account.

Total QBR does. I think this is only their old style QBR.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6835090/nfl-total-quarterback-rating-shifts-way-see-position


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:41 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Dolfanrar wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
jammer wrote:
Is that because he did it in the 4th quarter and not a second quarter blowout?

I don't even know how QBR is calculated.


Yeah, it takes into consideration the situation in which the QB did what he did.

So a 4th quarter comeback and 4th quarter game winning drive are worth huge points.


QBR does not take game situations into account.

Total QBR does. I think this is only their old style QBR.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6835090/nfl-total-quarterback-rating-shifts-way-see-position


I'm pretty sure this is total QBR. Ryan's traditional rating in the game was 97.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 324
Location: Scarborough, Maine
PR, you are right.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/type/player-week/week/12


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], swerve13 and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r