View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:09 am



Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 
Author Message
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
The Good

Ryan Tannehill leading a come from behind win in the 4th quarter, first by dicing up the Seahawks defense to tie it up, capping it off with a touchdown pass to Charles Clay, and then by putting the Dolphins in field goal range after starting the drive inside their own 10 with 1:32 left in the game. Tannehill had his mistakes, but he drove the ball down the field and showed poise after a rough first half. Tannehill finished the game completing 69% of his passes and having a 97.1 QB rating.

Charles Clay had the biggest game of the season, with 6 catches for 84 yards and a game tying touchdown in the 4th quarter.

Davone Bess had a nice game, making several down field catches and was a key performer in the 4th quarter comeback win. Bess finished the game with 7 catches for 129 yards.

The Dolphins ground game gained 189 yards at a 6.8 per carry clip. Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas both has touchdown runs and gained a combined 147 yards on the ground.

The Dolphins offense overall performed better than they had in the previous two weeks, gaining 435 total yards, 23 first downs, and converting on 4 of 9 third downs. They also only gave up one sack.

The Dolphins run defense was stellar, holding Marshawn Lynch to 46 yards on 19 carries.

The Bad

The Dolphins had a hard time containing rookie quarterback Russell Wilson. He was able to complete 21 out of 27 pass attempts (77%) and throw for two touchdowns. The Seahawks also converted 7 of 14 3rd downs, mostly with Wilson making plays with his legs.

The Ugly

Dan Carpenter hit the game winning field goal, but he also had a poor kickoff that allowed Leon Washington to return it for a touchdown.

Overall

A much needed win for a Dolphins team that had lost three in a row after a 4-3 start. The Dolphins also needed to see a comeback game from Ryan Tannehill, who led the team to his first come from behind victory. It was also nice to see Charles Clay emerge after a lackluster first half of the season.

The biggest key to offensive success was the running game. When the Dolphins are able to run the ball, it sets up a lot of things in the passing game. As the running game was established, we saw the passing game begin to click more. An impressive turnaround against a very good Seahawks defense (3rd best overall in yards allowed, 11th against the run, 3rd against the pass, 2nd in points allowed).

Next up, a difficult match up against the explosive New England Patriots.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Good team win. I'm proud of the way the offense was able to run the ball effectively today. I'm also proud of Tannehill for recovering from a bad 1st half and helping us come from behind to get the W.


Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:37 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Orlando, Fl
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Carpenter did his part making the game winner. I don't think it is fair to put him in the ugly category. Ten other guys were on that kickoff and didn't make a tackle.


Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
catman_56 wrote:
Carpenter did his part making the game winner. I don't think it is fair to put him in the ugly category. Ten other guys were on that kickoff and didn't make a tackle.


Ten guys that weren't given the opportunity to get downfield because of the poor attempt at a directional kick.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1227
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:
catman_56 wrote:
Carpenter did his part making the game winner. I don't think it is fair to put him in the ugly category. Ten other guys were on that kickoff and didn't make a tackle.


Ten guys that weren't given the opportunity to get downfield because of the poor attempt at a directional kick.


Especially when Carpenters next Kickoff went through the end zone.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3656
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
The ugly was the lack of attendance today. it is only a matter of time until blackouts happen. I just about had a whole section to myself today.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Orlando, Fl
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:
catman_56 wrote:
Carpenter did his part making the game winner. I don't think it is fair to put him in the ugly category. Ten other guys were on that kickoff and didn't make a tackle.


Ten guys that weren't given the opportunity to get downfield because of the poor attempt at a directional kick.


Not true. Guys did have a shot to tackle him but he broke contain and someone was not in their lane.


Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Orlando, Fl
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
FINesse wrote:
The ugly was the lack of attendance today. it is only a matter of time until blackouts happen. I just about had a whole section to myself today.


I will agree with that. I considered coming down to this game but after the Titans game fiasco I opted to go the FSU-uf game instead. Big mistake.


Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
catman_56 wrote:
Rich wrote:
catman_56 wrote:
Carpenter did his part making the game winner. I don't think it is fair to put him in the ugly category. Ten other guys were on that kickoff and didn't make a tackle.


Ten guys that weren't given the opportunity to get downfield because of the poor attempt at a directional kick.


Not true. Guys did have a shot to tackle him but he broke contain and someone was not in their lane.


Someone wasn't in their lane because the kick was shorter and lower than it needed to be. The kick didn't have the same hangtime as his other kicks. Coverage teams need time to set up and in this case they didn't have it.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Orlando, Fl
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:

Someone wasn't in their lane because the kick was shorter and lower than it needed to be. The kick didn't have the same hangtime as his other kicks. Coverage teams need time to set up and in this case they didn't have it.


You are wrong about this. I was on kick coverage in college but you can have the last word.


Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
catman_56 wrote:
Rich wrote:

Someone wasn't in their lane because the kick was shorter and lower than it needed to be. The kick didn't have the same hangtime as his other kicks. Coverage teams need time to set up and in this case they didn't have it.


You are wrong about this. I was on kick coverage in college but you can have the last word.

Awesome argument!!! You win!

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm
Posts: 72
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:
Ten guys that weren't given the opportunity to get downfield because of the poor attempt at a directional kick.


Rich wrote:
Someone wasn't in their lane because the kick was shorter and lower than it needed to be. The kick didn't have the same hangtime as his other kicks. Coverage teams need time to set up and in this case they didn't have it.


Even if a kick is in the air for less than a second if the coverage team stays in there lanes the return team wont run it back for a big gain and a TD. The fact of the matter is that our coverage team wasnt disciplined in their lanes which allowed them to get the TD. Have you ever played on a coverage team. Just because its a bad kick doesnt mean you abandon gap discipline theres a reason why special teams coaches emphasize staying in your lane.

As for the kick being short how do you know that isnt what he was told to do. I dont recall hearing philbin or anyone else saying it was a bad kick and that it was on carpenter. If your going to put anything in the ugly it has to be the entire coverage team. One person doesnt allow a TD 11 do.


Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Orlando, Fl
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
dolfan91 wrote:
Rich wrote:
Ten guys that weren't given the opportunity to get downfield because of the poor attempt at a directional kick.


Rich wrote:
Someone wasn't in their lane because the kick was shorter and lower than it needed to be. The kick didn't have the same hangtime as his other kicks. Coverage teams need time to set up and in this case they didn't have it.


Even if a kick is in the air for less than a second if the coverage team stays in there lanes the return team wont run it back for a big gain and a TD. The fact of the matter is that our coverage team wasnt disciplined in their lanes which allowed them to get the TD. Have you ever played on a coverage team. Just because its a bad kick doesnt mean you abandon gap discipline theres a reason why special teams coaches emphasize staying in your lane.

As for the kick being short how do you know that isnt what he was told to do. I dont recall hearing philbin or anyone else saying it was a bad kick and that it was on carpenter. If your going to put anything in the ugly it has to be the entire coverage team. One person doesnt allow a TD 11 do.


:yay:


Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5154
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Low and behold, the run game returns and what happens? We win ..... and we can even throw into the intermediate and deep areas! Go figure!

This game was a very interesting game for many reasons. Based on how the two teams were playing the edge went completely to Seattle, but it's that pesky cross-country trek that often gives us a major home field advantage in situations like this. I seriously do not want to hear anymore excuses about the wide receiving core or the O-line, it boils down to two things: Is the running game humming? If so is Tannehill taking advantage?

I sat there telling my friends at the bar that I will never fully believe in Tanny until he can start pulling these games out when it matters. I come away with mixed feelings from this one because his performance in the 4th was what I wanted ...... for the most part, but he definitely was the beneficiary of a boneheaded Seattle penalty on a defender for hitting Tanny in the head earlier in the 2nd half.

At any rate ..... kudos to the D-line for completely shutting down Marshawn Marshawn Marshawn. Kudos to Bush and Thomas for reminding us what we've been missing since the early portion of this season. Tanny needed this game ..... still has got to eliminate the turnovers and that's why he doesn't get a complete pass yet. But I'll give him credit because he kept fighting to overcome the turnovers. Charles Clay good to see you still exist .... Oh and Dan Carpenter, you redeemed yourself.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5673
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Quote:
I seriously do not want to hear anymore excuses about the wide receiving core or the O-line, it boils down to two things: Is the running game humming? If so is Tannehill taking advantage?


you don't want to hear excuses about the o-line, but the o-line is what haults the running game Bro.
Major contradiction. And yes the receiving core is still pedestrian. Sorry.


Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rock Sexton wrote:
Low and behold, the run game returns and what happens? We win ..... and we can even throw into the intermediate and deep areas! Go figure!

This game was a very interesting game for many reasons. Based on how the two teams were playing the edge went completely to Seattle, but it's that pesky cross-country trek that often gives us a major home field advantage in situations like this. I seriously do not want to hear anymore excuses about the wide receiving core or the O-line, it boils down to two things: Is the running game humming? If so is Tannehill taking advantage?

I sat there telling my friends at the bar that I will never fully believe in Tanny until he can start pulling these games out when it matters. I come away with mixed feelings from this one because his performance in the 4th was what I wanted ...... for the most part, but he definitely was the beneficiary of a boneheaded Seattle penalty on a defender for hitting Tanny in the head earlier in the 2nd half.

At any rate ..... kudos to the D-line for completely shutting down Marshawn Marshawn Marshawn. Kudos to Bush and Thomas for reminding us what we've been missing since the early portion of this season. Tanny needed this game ..... still has got to eliminate the turnovers and that's why he doesn't get a complete pass yet. But I'll give him credit because he kept fighting to overcome the turnovers. Charles Clay good to see you still exist .... Oh and Dan Carpenter, you redeemed yourself.


There was something else of note in this game, and that is we were able to overcome a bad interception and a touchdown on a kick return on special teams. Usually when things aren't going our way, things kind of snowball on us quickly, today that didn't happen. Today the rest of the team picked up Tannehill in the 1st half when he was struggling. Tannehill then cranked it up and did the rest in the 2nd half. It was a good team win.

It's not rocket science, give the kid a little bit of a run game and we win. He's proven to be a very effective game manager at this stage of his career. But at times he's simply electric, we saw a little bit of that in the 2nd half. It would appear as though Tannehill might have overcome the rookie wall. Hopefully there is more where that came from.


Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5154
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
I seriously do not want to hear anymore excuses about the wide receiving core or the O-line, it boils down to two things: Is the running game humming? If so is Tannehill taking advantage?


you don't want to hear excuses about the o-line, but the o-line is what haults the running game Bro.
Major contradiction. And yes the receiving core is still pedestrian. Sorry.


Considering the performance the WR's put up today vs. a top flight CB duo it's time to stop it with this talk that they're this floundering core. They may not be the league's best unit, but their struggles are often exaggerated.

BTW, it's not just the O-line that contributes to the success or failure of the run game, it's also the play-calling.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:
Someone wasn't in their lane because the kick was shorter and lower than it needed to be. The kick didn't have the same hangtime as his other kicks. Coverage teams need time to set up and in this case they didn't have it.

You mean cover teams do not start out in the lanes they are suppose to stay in?


Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
dolfan91 wrote:
Even if a kick is in the air for less than a second if the coverage team stays in there lanes the return team wont run it back for a big gain and a TD. The fact of the matter is that our coverage team wasnt disciplined in their lanes which allowed them to get the TD. Have you ever played on a coverage team. Just because its a bad kick doesnt mean you abandon gap discipline theres a reason why special teams coaches emphasize staying in your lane.

As for the kick being short how do you know that isnt what he was told to do. I dont recall hearing philbin or anyone else saying it was a bad kick and that it was on carpenter. If your going to put anything in the ugly it has to be the entire coverage team. One person doesnt allow a TD 11 do.


Kicking to Leon Washington, who we know very well, is the same as kicking it to Devin Hester.

You simply don't do it, especially when all your other kicks go into the endzone.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Dphins4me wrote:
Rich wrote:
Someone wasn't in their lane because the kick was shorter and lower than it needed to be. The kick didn't have the same hangtime as his other kicks. Coverage teams need time to set up and in this case they didn't have it.

You mean cover teams do not start out in the lanes they are suppose to stay in?


It doesn't matter what they do when Leon Washington catches a kick on the run at the 1 yard line...

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:51 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rock Sexton wrote:
I seriously do not want to hear anymore excuses about the wide receiving core or the O-line


Doesn't the offensive line block for the running backs? If so, aren't they at least partially responsible for the running game humming?

And to take that a step further, if the running game isn't humming, which the offensive line is at least partially responsible for, doesn't that make it easier for the other team's defensive line to pin their ears back and rush, which also impacts the offensive line?

And finally, you mention Charles Clay in your post. The touchdown reception was a direct result of play action, which is more effective when you can actually run the ball, which the offensive line is at least partially responsible for.

This play action being effective therefore creates scenarios in which wide receivers and tight ends can beat one on one coverage because that coverage has to play two things, the run and the pass, rather than just one.

It is a domino effect. Not an excuse, and the offensive line is firmly planted in the middle of how effective our offense is.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:14 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5425
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rock Sexton wrote:
Considering the performance the WR's put up today vs. a top flight CB duo it's time to stop it with this talk that they're this floundering core. They may not be the league's best unit, but their struggles are often exaggerated.

BTW, it's not just the O-line that contributes to the success or failure of the run game, it's also the play-calling.


It would be one thing if it were a few disgruntled people on this board pointing out the troubles of the WRs but its been noted by many analysts and media as well. I know you have the opposite opinion and you're sticking to it and that is fine. But you can't just simply dismiss what others are seeing and saying. This group is not that good and they aren't scaring opponents. They will still have a couple of ineffective performances that can't simply be pinned on an erratic rookie QB.

The o-line stepped up, the running game stepped up, and Tannehill actually took off with the ball so it kept the defense off base. I don't think that is going to happen week in and week out so we all need to expect some more bumps in the road.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:40 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Rich wrote:
Someone wasn't in their lane because the kick was shorter and lower than it needed to be. The kick didn't have the same hangtime as his other kicks. Coverage teams need time to set up and in this case they didn't have it.

You mean cover teams do not start out in the lanes they are suppose to stay in?


It doesn't matter what they do when Leon Washington catches a kick on the run at the 1 yard line...

So they do or they do not?


Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:37 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Dphins4me wrote:
So they do or they do not?


Does a receiver start out in the spot where he is going to catch the ball?

What if the quarterback throws it too early or too late or to the wrong spot? Was the receiver out of position?

Your question is irrelavent.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:42 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
So they do or they do not?


Does a receiver start out in the spot where he is going to catch the ball?

What if the quarterback throws it too early or too late or to the wrong spot? Was the receiver out of position?

Your question is irrelavent.
Does rain make the ground wet? Does fire burn things?
Does a receiver start out in the spot where he is going to catch the ball?

What do those question have in common? None of them address the simple question. Do coverage teams start out in the lanes they are responsible for staying in & covering a kick?

Stop with analogies that do not answer simple questions. Either coverage teams start out in their lane responsibilities or they do not.

Rich wrote:

It doesn't matter what they do when Leon Washington catches a kick on the run at the 1 yard line...
Factually, he ran forward to get into position to catch the ball & then caught it standing still.

It appears that No 53 ( Spitler ) was not in his lane.


Last edited by Dphins4me on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:58 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Dphins4me wrote:
What do those question have in common?


They are just as relevant as your original question.

Good kick off (like all the other kicks that were in the back of the endzone), no TD return.

Simple logic.

End of discussion.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:11 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:


They are just as relevant as your original question.

Good kick off (like all the other kicks that were in the back of the endzone), no TD return.

Simple logic.


Ok Rich. Don't answer a very simply question that is a easy "Yes" or "No" reply. You need to run for office, because when you get pinned in a corner you start running off tangents & trying to appear to answer questions with questions. Sorry to have ask you such a difficult question. I thought someone with your expertise in NFL football would have been capable of replying "Yes" or "No" to such a question.

So since Rich does not know the answer even though he made the comment.

Does anyone else know if kickoff coverage units start out in the lanes they are responsible for?

Rich wrote:

End of discussion.
:) Now that is funny.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:28 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Dphins4me wrote:
you start running off tangents


So says the king of running off on tangents...

The hypocrisy is remarkable.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:31 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:


So says the king of running off on tangents...

The hypocrisy is remarkable.

No end of discussion. Not end of discussion yet I want to take lame cheap shot at a poster who has ask me a question I cannot answer.

You had your turn, let someone else play. I moved on seeking the answer to my question.

Run along little boy, you have been dismissed.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:40 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 5728
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
OK guys, please enough. To answer your question Scot I would have to guess that NO, they don't start off in thier lanes but I really don't know.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:58 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Yes Rich. Insult people. Its all you have when you have nothing else.

Also, coming from someone who plainly stated "End of discussion."

To educate you. When someone says end of discussion, that means they shut up.

Rich wrote:
End of discussion.
That means you shut up & stop replying.

So is the discussion over? Can you answer "Yes" or "No" to that? or do you want to call me stupid again like a child who lashes out at those who dare to question you on a MB.


I will ask again. "Yes" or "No" Its very simple. Either a KO cover team lines up in their lane responsibilities or they do not. Its not a does a WR catch a pass here or does a running back run here or there. Its "Yes they line up in their lanes" or "No they do not"either/or, its a yes or no.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:00 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Makchell wrote:
OK guys, please enough. To answer your question Scot I would have to guess that NO, they don't start off in thier lanes but I really don't know.

You know that means you are stupid also? Its why I ask. I always took that when a KO cover team lined up they did so in the lanes they are responsible for, but I do not work in the NFL so I only going off what I think.

I ask the foremost expert on the site & he got upset with the question. Not really sure why.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:02 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Makchell wrote:
OK guys, please enough. To answer your question Scot I would have to guess that NO, they don't start off in thier lanes but I really don't know.


Mak, the question is pointless.

If Carpenter kicks the kick off like he kicked the rest of his kick offs (deep into the endzone), then in all likelihood there is no TD return. But when you kick it off to a Leon Washington, short, low and let him catch it on the run, he's going to make you pay.

Every team tries to kicks away from Devin Hester. They don't kick to him and hope the coverage units do what they need to do. The same applied to Deion Sanders.

There are some players that are simply too dangerous kick the ball to and hope your coverage unit gets the job done.

Leon Washington, who is tied with Josh Cribbs as active players with the most kick offs returned for a TD, is one of those players you don't get cute with.

It was a bad decision and a bad kick.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:08 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:


Mak, the question is pointless.


Rich wrote:

Someone wasn't in their lane because the kick was shorter and lower than it needed to be. The kick didn't have the same hangtime as his other kicks. Coverage teams need time to set up and in this case they didn't have it.


For everyone else. The above comment was made prior in the thread. Now asking about KO cover lanes is pointless.

If they are pointless, then do not even bring it up.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20599
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Dphins4me wrote:
Then do not even bring it up.


Reading is fundamental. I didn't bring it up, I was referencing a point made by someone who did.

The point of referencing it in my response was to continue arguing that the coverage units were pointless on such a bad kick.

Connect the dots.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rock Sexton wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
I seriously do not want to hear anymore excuses about the wide receiving core or the O-line, it boils down to two things: Is the running game humming? If so is Tannehill taking advantage?


you don't want to hear excuses about the o-line, but the o-line is what haults the running game Bro.
Major contradiction. And yes the receiving core is still pedestrian. Sorry.


Considering the performance the WR's put up today vs. a top flight CB duo it's time to stop it with this talk that they're this floundering core. They may not be the league's best unit, but their struggles are often exaggerated.

BTW, it's not just the O-line that contributes to the success or failure of the run game, it's also the play-calling.


Our widereceiver core consists of two guys, Hartline and Bess, and they've got a whopping two touchdowns this year between them. Of the two, Bess was the only one that really had an impact on Sunday. It would have been an even bigger one had he not fallen down on that big play. Hartline dissappeared after the 1st quarter and finished with only a couple of catches. What bouyed the passing game yesterday was the spark we got off the bench from Charles Clay. When Clay plays up to his potential he adds a new dimension to this offense. Having a versatile guy like Clay who can switch between FB and TE with ease really gives Tannehill the ability to change things up at the line and find favorable matchups. Make no mistake about it, this team needs help at WR. We still lack a speedster and a legit redzone target.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 6907
Location: ELP, TX.
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Scot, Rich and everyone..... please do us (MODS) a favor. When you see a post that you feel is a name calling insult. Please report it without an insult of your own. Thanks.....

Plane and simple, Carp should have never kicked it short. That ball should have been in the endzone.

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom


Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:25 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5154
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
wkloiber13 wrote:
Our widereceiver core consists of two guys, Hartline and Bess, and they've got a whopping two touchdowns this year between them. Of the two, Bess was the only one that really had an impact on Sunday. It would have been an even bigger one had he not fallen down on that big play. Hartline dissappeared after the 1st quarter and finished with only a couple of catches. What bouyed the passing game yesterday was the spark we got off the bench from Charles Clay. When Clay plays up to his potential he adds a new dimension to this offense. Having a versatile guy like Clay who can switch between FB and TE with ease really gives Tannehill the ability to change things up at the line and find favorable matchups. Make no mistake about it, this team needs help at WR. We still lack a speedster and a legit redzone target.


Considering the lambasting the core took for most of the year, having Bess and Hartline close to putting in 1,000+ yard seasons with 5 games to go says a lot more than most give them credit for. When was the last time that ever happened where we had two? That goes all the way back to the Marks Brothers days (not attempting to draw direct talent correlation). Yet, why are you putting the TD's all on their shoulders? You've seen how the offense works when the run game is clicking. You think every read Tanny has made while in the red zone this year has been perfect and it's all the receivers faults? Not quite. The blame for that goes around to a lot more than just those two. Players like Charles Clay were being counted on to adjust to the system a lot quicker in order to create more favorable coverages. Tanny himself has had to learn to adjust as defenses adjusted to him. Sherman himself has been quite mercurial in his play-calling, which has bogged down the offense at times. It's a process.

I'm not denying they need to go out and get another receiver, but even I can sit here and say these guys are playing a lot better than most thought they'd be ..... that's including myself. Just giving credit where credit is due. Those weren't two slouches Seattle trotted out there at DB and Davone Bess had a monster game. You can't sit there and harp on Hartline as if both guys need to have 100+ yards because the offense has to take advantage of the coverage. Bess and Clay took the torch on Sunday.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:35 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Rich wrote:
Reading is fundamental. I didn't bring it up, I was referencing a point made by someone who did.

The point of referencing it in my response was to continue arguing that the coverage units were pointless on such a bad kick.

Connect the dots.

Yea, it is. You said someone was not in their lane because the kick was short or something like that. My question was & still is. Do KO coverage units not start out in their assigned lanes when they line up prior to KO.

I ask a question because I do not know & you call people stupid for having a life & not knowing the ins & outs of NFL football.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:12 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 3994
Post Re: Seahawks 21, Dolphins 24 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
The Hen wrote:
Scot, Rich and everyone..... please do us (MODS) a favor. When you see a post that you feel is a name calling insult. Please report it without an insult of your own. Thanks......

I did not report any post or recall quoting any insult. I did refer to an insult in a post.

The Hen wrote:

Plane and simple, Carp should have never kicked it short. That ball should have been in the endzone.

It should have been, but 10 other men were on the field with the responsibility to tackling the returner.


Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:15 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finster, MSNbot Media, SkyHigh314 and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.