View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:29 am



Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 RT 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6569
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Man that Eric Decker was just a beast before Peyton Manning.

Last year was his 2nd Yr & he missed the first half of his rookie year with a foot injury.

Don't let facts get in the way.

What yr is this for Hartline?


AQNOR wrote:
Hartline is a quality starting NFL receiver.

Only in Miami.

I'm going to bet you've rarely, if ever, seen Decker play. He and Hartline are clones. Hartline doesn't have a home run guy getting attention on the other side of the field....


why are they clones? because they're both white? They're not even close to similar.
Decker is a tall, thick, muscular possesion receiver. Hartline is a skinny deep threat.


Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
I'm constantly amazed at your logic. One post begs patience although we're 10 games into the season. You concede his youth and inexperience are hurting him yet you see no value in him taking the Aaron Rodgers route and learning behind a proven veteran. Then when his play is so bad it's undeniable he should've sat a year, you continue to say it was the right decision. I'm still hoping you're right and that his confidence won't be completely blown by seasons end


Patience and sitting a guy are two completely different things. You don't draft a guy 8th overall and then sit him. If we were planning on doing that we should have waited and taken someone like Wilson or Foles later in the draft. My opinion of Tannehill has been the same. Play the kid this year, get the rookie jitters out of the way, that way we're ready to contend in a couple of years.

I love when people use the Aaron Rodgers example as some type of perfect scenario to groom a young quarterback. First, I'd like to start by stating the obvious, we don't have any future hall-of-famers on roster to start in front of him. That's one big reason for playing the kid. Two, our coaching staff were the ones who drafted and groomed Rodgers. They brought up Rodgers when they thought he was ready. They wouldn't bring up Tannehill unless they felt he was ready too. Finally three, Tannehill won the starting job fair and square in camp. He beat Matt Moore hands down by outplaying him in preseason and showing a better knowledge of the offense. Those three factors led to him being named our starter. Also, it's not hard to see that the entire staff loved the kid from the get go.


Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:17 am
Profile
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4732
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
Hartline has gotten the attention of safeties since his coming out party. Please do a little study before embarrassing yourself with your bush league comments

Hartline is easily shut down & Oh yea. Hope you catch the irony in that comment about embarrassing yourself. Everyone else did.


NFLJunkie wrote:
I'm going to bet you've rarely, if ever, seen Decker play.
Yea, that NFL ticket does not allow fans to watch Denver & they have not been on National TV a lot this year either.


NFLJunkie wrote:
He and Hartline are clones. Hartline doesn't have a home run guy getting attention on the other side of the field....
Hartline will struggle getting a quality offer when he becomes a FA. He will not be in demand. Decker will be.


Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:02 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: RT
wkloiber13 wrote:
Reading between the lines. It's no mystery that a good portion of the posters on this page thought Tannehill should have sat, and some still do. It's no mystery that people such as yourself still to this day think Matt Moore is just one fair shot away from showing his promise, and are secretly hoping he does. It's the reason you attack my posts every time I bring up his name. It's the reason to this day you haven't conceded that Tannehill was the right choice. Straw man arguement? It would be if we didn't have you around.
:grin:


Nah. I know Matt Moore isn't going to start and accepted that fact once Week 1 started.

Your posts on the other hand are a nonstop glut of insufferable pumperdom. It's nauseating. I seriously hope you apply to be paid by either the team or Tanny for the work you put in. You have an excuse for EVERYTHING. Even when Tanny struggles, it's the wind's fault, the water boy ..... and on and on and on. When he was playing better earlier in the year it was "see guys I told you he was ready" and then now that he's regressed it's "because of the other players and he needs time because he's raw." Flip flop flip flop.

Oh and btw, there's nothing to concede. We statistically have the 5th WORST passer in the NFL. Argue all you want to about his supporting cast but great players elevate the players around them. Until he does, you can masturbate to the idea that he's this Dolphin Legend ..... but it's all in your head right now man. He's done NOTHING to warrant the way you gloat. Absolutely nothing. If it were Henne, Moore, Garrard or just about any other QB back there you'd sit there and rag on such a poor performance and it wouldn't matter if those QB's didn't have quality surrounding casts. Only Tannehill deserves one and gets the benefit of the doubt in your eyes.

All you've established to this point is that Tanny needs other people. That doesn't sound like the savior to me right now. Sounds like almost every other QB we've had since Dan Marino, I don't care what round they were drafted in or from free-agency.

For the team's sake, I hope he pans out. Alas, I refuse to annoint this guy anything yet. That AZ game I watched that even I got psyched about, well that's proven to have been lightening in a bottle. Even Henne had a monster game like that in his career. Doesn't mean anything.

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:30 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Reading between the lines. It's no mystery that a good portion of the posters on this page thought Tannehill should have sat, and some still do. It's no mystery that people such as yourself still to this day think Matt Moore is just one fair shot away from showing his promise, and are secretly hoping he does. It's the reason you attack my posts every time I bring up his name. It's the reason to this day you haven't conceded that Tannehill was the right choice. Straw man arguement? It would be if we didn't have you around.
:grin:


Nah. I know Matt Moore isn't going to start and accepted that fact once Week 1 started.

Your posts on the other hand are a nonstop glut of insufferable pumperdom. It's nauseating. I seriously hope you apply to be paid by either the team or Tanny for the work you put in. You have an excuse for EVERYTHING. Even when Tanny struggles, it's the wind's fault, the water boy ..... and on and on and on. When he was playing better earlier in the year it was "see guys I told you he was ready" and then now that he's regressed it's "because of the other players and he needs time because he's raw." Flip flop flip flop.

Oh and btw, there's nothing to concede. We statistically have the 5th WORST passer in the NFL. Argue all you want to about his supporting cast but great players elevate the players around them. Until he does, you can masturbate to the idea that he's this Dolphin Legend ..... but it's all in your head right now man. He's done NOTHING to warrant the way you gloat. Absolutely nothing. If it were Henne, Moore, Garrard or just about any other QB back there you'd sit there and rag on such a poor performance and it wouldn't matter if those QB's didn't have quality surrounding casts. Only Tannehill deserves one and gets the benefit of the doubt in your eyes.

All you've established to this point is that Tanny needs other people. That doesn't sound like the savior to me right now. Sounds like almost every other QB we've had since Dan Marino, I don't care what round they were drafted in or from free-agency.

For the team's sake, I hope he pans out. Alas, I refuse to annoint this guy anything yet. That AZ game I watched that even I got psyched about, well that's proven to have been lightening in a bottle. Even Henne had a monster game like that in his career. Doesn't mean anything.


I'm reiterating many of the same sentiments that the organization and national media are. Tannehill is a promising young prospect that for a good portion of the season has propped up an otherwise poor supporting cast. While he has struggled at times, sometimes badly, he has also had his share of success. But until he has a proper cast around him that is capable of running the new offense, Tannehill will continue to struggle. He can turn the corner and lead this team, he just can't do it alone with the lack of running game and vertical threats he currently has. I'm far from alone on this one. You and your affinity for Matt Moore on the other hand, well, I won't go there, you already know your position.


Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:29 pm
Profile
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4732
Post Re: RT
swerve13 wrote:
Hartline is a skinny deep threat.

One thing I would have never thought I'd see attached to Hartline.


Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:16 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3979
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: RT
Quote:
Your posts on the other hand are a nonstop glut of insufferable pumperdom. It's nauseating. I seriously hope you apply to be paid by either the team or Tanny for the work you put in. You have an excuse for EVERYTHING. Even when Tanny struggles, it's the wind's fault, the water boy ..... and on and on and on. When he was playing better earlier in the year it was "see guys I told you he was ready" and then now that he's regressed it's "because of the other players and he needs time because he's raw." Flip flop flip flop.


Im not sure what pumperdom is but I agree with this quote.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: RT
You peele make me laugh. We have 21 poor players on offense and defense. TannyhillBots


Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:38 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6569
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
You peele make me laugh. We have 21 poor players on offense and defense. TannyhillBots



you make everyone here laugh.


Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: RT
FINesse wrote:
Im not sure what pumperdom is but I agree with this quote.


By profession I work for a proprietary trading firm .... I trade stocks and options. On stock message boards (particularly for the smaller cap companies and penny stocks) you get "pumpers" who do nothing but spend all day long hyping up a stock. It's usually either because they own the stock themselves and trying to drive up the price so they can sell or the company hired them to post such great things.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: RT
Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Hartline has gotten the attention of safeties since his coming out party. Please do a little study before embarrassing yourself with your bush league comments

Hartline is easily shut down & Oh yea. Hope you catch the irony in that comment about embarrassing yourself. Everyone else did.


NFLJunkie wrote:
I'm going to bet you've rarely, if ever, seen Decker play.
Yea, that NFL ticket does not allow fans to watch Denver & they have not been on National TV a lot this year either.


NFLJunkie wrote:
He and Hartline are clones. Hartline doesn't have a home run guy getting attention on the other side of the field....


Hartline will struggle getting a quality offer when he becomes a FA. He will not be in demand. Decker will be.


Decker was a nobody last year with Tebow throwing to him. Manning made him and all his stats, except 1 are worse than Hartlines. I realize that you dont have a clue and arguing with you is trying to change the opinion of a mule. You're identical to WK13. Everything is someone else's fault. Enjoy your bubble...it has a population of 2


Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: RT
swerve13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
You peele make me laugh. We have 21 poor players on offense and defense. TannyhillBots



you make everyone here laugh.

That's good because the Tannyhill lead Dolphins are making everyone cry


Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:49 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3196
Location: MA.
Post Re: RT
Iknew that Andrew Luck was a fraud(like Tanny).......They should have traded us for the great Matt Moore instead of the great Vontae Davis.


Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:51 pm
Profile
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4732
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:

Decker was a nobody last year with Tebow throwing to him.
You spent a better part of half the year last year telling us what a quality NFL QB Tim Tebow was. Yet now Decker was a nobody with him throwing the ball to him & its all about Manning.. Oh yea, by the way Decker still put up better numbers than Hartline last year.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Manning made him and all his stats, except 1 are worse than Hartlines. I realize that you dont have a clue and arguing with you is trying to change the opinion of a mule. You're identical to WK13. Everything is someone else's fault. Enjoy your bubble...it has a population of 2

Pot/Kettle. Mr. Tim Tebow is a quality NFL Qb. The fact you are & were in that corner alone did nothing to sway your opinion, so look in the mirror & step out of the glass house before you start throwing stones.


So the fact you thought & spent over half the year last year telling everyone on this board how great Tebow is provides no credible evidence that you have an idea if a player is good or not.

BTW, its a known MB rule that when you are getting your arse whipped in a discussion that you attack the poster instead of their post. So keep on attacking my person, since its obvious that you cannot attack my post with any facts.


Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: RT
Kev1321 wrote:
Iknew that Andrew Luck was a fraud(like Tanny).......They should have traded us for the great Matt Moore instead of the great Vontae Davis.


Image

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: RT
Kev1321 wrote:
Iknew that Andrew Luck was a fraud(like Tanny).......They should have traded us for the great Matt Moore instead of the great Vontae Davis.

No one has said RT is a fraud anymore than one of you bots called him Marino


Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: RT
Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Decker was a nobody last year with Tebow throwing to him.
You spent a better part of half the year last year telling us what a quality NFL QB Tim Tebow was. Yet now Decker was a nobody with him throwing the ball to him & its all about Manning.. Oh yea, by the way Decker still put up better numbers than Hartline last year.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Manning made him and all his stats, except 1 are worse than Hartlines. I realize that you dont have a clue and arguing with you is trying to change the opinion of a mule. You're identical to WK13. Everything is someone else's fault. Enjoy your bubble...it has a population of 2

Pot/Kettle. Mr. Tim Tebow is a quality NFL Qb. The fact you are & were in that corner alone did nothing to sway your opinion, so look in the mirror & step out of the glass house before you start throwing stones.


So the fact you thought & spent over half the year last year telling everyone on this board how great Tebow is provides no credible evidence that you have an idea if a player is good or not.

BTW, its a known MB rule that when you are getting your arse whipped in a discussion that you attack the poster instead of their post. So keep on attacking my person, since its obvious that you cannot attack my post with any facts.


Hartlines stats are better than Deckers are this year except for TDs. You would like us to believe that the TDs have nothing to do with Peyton Mannind throwing to him versus A rookie QB. So are you equating RT with Manning? BTW, your MO on here is to argue for the sake of argument. You never make a relevant post worth reading. The idea that Manning throwing to the WR makes no difference to the TDs caught is asinine.

I stated adnauseum last year that playing QB is a whole lot more than looking good throwing a football.Leadership is a huge part of it. Tebows leadership ability is off the charts which made him good enough to win 8 out of 9 games, Make the playoffs, and beat the Steelers in round 1. Those are facts.


Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Im not sure what pumperdom is but I agree with this quote.


By profession I work for a proprietary trading firm .... I trade stocks and options. On stock message boards (particularly for the smaller cap companies and penny stocks) you get "pumpers" who do nothing but spend all day long hyping up a stock. It's usually either because they own the stock themselves and trying to drive up the price so they can sell or the company hired them to post such great things.


Stick to your day job.

As for your insistence that Tannehill has regressed or changed in some way shape or form the last two weeks, he hasn't in my opinion. What has changed is the situations he's been put in and performances of the players around him. When Tannehill has a fair to good ground attack and fair to good protection, he looks solid, he looks like a potential franchise quarterback. But when the ground game goes away and the protection is poor, he magically makes mistakes. Shocker!

Teams have adjusted to our offense, they know that there is a lack of playmakers around Tannehill. They know that if they stuff the box (overload a shaky offensive line), shut down the run (Reggie Bush - our best homerun hitter), and keep a safety high to prevent the deep ball (take away Tannehill's biggest weapon - his arm), that Tannehill can't beat them with just Hartline and Bess.

We badly need a deep threat on offense. We've tried to find guys. We tried Gates, he didn't make the team. We tried Moore out, he was sent to special teams. We tried Armstrong, he has stone hands and was cut. So while we're trying, it looks like we won't take any steps forward as an offense until we find that gamechanging deep threat at wideout. I believe in another thread that Ireland said to several webmasters that finding a #1 wideout was going to be a big priority next season among other things.

We also badly need offensive line help for Tannehill. The current group can't get a push up front and is inconsistent in their protection from week to week. The run game has all but dissappeared due to inconsistent or poor blocking. That can't continue in the future. We badly need to replace some of the current group of players with guys who can run the system the way our coaching staff wants.

So while you have every right to your opinions about Tannehill, I have every right to mine. You can insist I'm pumping the guy up all you want. But all I'm doing is defending the guy and saying he's not our problem on offense.


Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4732
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
Hartlines stats are better than Deckers are this year except for TDs.
What wins games? TD passes or 10 Yd outs?

NFLJunkie wrote:
You would like us to believe that the TDs have nothing to do with Peyton Mannind throwing to him versus A rookie QB.
No, I fully admit Manning is a plus. However, Decker put up 8 with Tebow/Orton throwing him the ball. Hartline? 1. What rookie was throwing to Decker last year?

NFLJunkie wrote:
So are you equating RT with Manning?
Nope, I'm saying even with Manning Hartline would struggle to match Deckers 7 TDs through 9 games.

NFLJunkie wrote:
BTW, your MO on here is to argue for the sake of argument. You never make a relevant post worth reading.
If I do not make a post relevant to reading then why are you reading & replying?

NFLJunkie wrote:
The idea that Manning throwing to the WR makes no difference to the TDs caught is asinine.
Never stated otherwise. However, its in the stats. 8 TDs with Tebow ( Your stud NFL QB & Orton ) throwing him the ball. However, now that you have been proven ignorant in your judgement of Tebow you try to slither away like a snake in the dark & want to give credit to Deckers current production to the Qb, but want to knock him for his not so great, ( Yet better than Hartline ) production on him on the Qbing position.

NFLJunkie wrote:
I stated adnauseum last year that playing QB is a whole lot more than looking good throwing a football.Leadership is a huge part of it. Tebows leadership ability is off the charts which made him good enough to win 8 out of 9 games, Make the playoffs, and beat the Steelers in round 1. Those are facts.
Yes, but still not good enough to play in front of the pitiful Mark Sanchez. Leadership is nice, but talent means more.


Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Hartlines stats are better than Deckers are this year except for TDs.
What wins games? TD passes or 10 Yd outs?

NFLJunkie wrote:
You would like us to believe that the TDs have nothing to do with Peyton Mannind throwing to him versus A rookie QB.
No, I fully admit Manning is a plus. However, Decker put up 8 with Tebow/Orton throwing him the ball. Hartline? 1. What rookie was throwing to Decker last year?

NFLJunkie wrote:
So are you equating RT with Manning?
Nope, I'm saying even with Manning Hartline would struggle to match Deckers 7 TDs through 9 games.

NFLJunkie wrote:
BTW, your MO on here is to argue for the sake of argument. You never make a relevant post worth reading.
If I do not make a post relevant to reading then why are you reading & replying?

NFLJunkie wrote:
The idea that Manning throwing to the WR makes no difference to the TDs caught is asinine.
Never stated otherwise. However, its in the stats. 8 TDs with Tebow ( Your stud NFL QB & Orton ) throwing him the ball. However, now that you have been proven ignorant in your judgement of Tebow you try to slither away like a snake in the dark & want to give credit to Deckers current production to the Qb, but want to knock him for his not so great, ( Yet better than Hartline ) production on him on the Qbing position.

NFLJunkie wrote:
I stated adnauseum last year that playing QB is a whole lot more than looking good throwing a football.Leadership is a huge part of it. Tebows leadership ability is off the charts which made him good enough to win 8 out of 9 games, Make the playoffs, and beat the Steelers in round 1. Those are facts.
Yes, but still not good enough to play in front of the pitiful Mark Sanchez. Leadership is nice, but talent means more.


Decker and Hartline are both good young receivers on two very different teams. Decker is also a much bigger receiver and a much better athlete than Hartline. He's an inch taller and twenty pounds heavier than Hartline, yet he has very similar speed and better jump ball skills. I live in Denver and I've seen quite a bit of Decker, he's a solid redzone target and a good young receiver. The reason he's not matching Hartline's receiving yardage numbers is because Decker is the #2 receiver on the Broncos. Demaryius Thomas is their #1. While Hartline is no slouch, he's not as good as Decker. He's simply benefitting from us having a lack of weapons at wideout. He'd probably be the 3rd best receiver on the Broncos right now.


Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:37 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6569
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Iknew that Andrew Luck was a fraud(like Tanny).......They should have traded us for the great Matt Moore instead of the great Vontae Davis.

No one has said RT is a fraud anymore than one of you bots called him Marino



who called him Marino? There will never be another Dan Marino.
Tannehill will never be Marino much like Luck will never be Peyton Manning.
People are ridiculous with these comparisons.
I'm just hoping Tannehill becomes an efficient top-10 quarterback.
Hall of Fame comparisons are unnecessary.


Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
swerve13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Iknew that Andrew Luck was a fraud(like Tanny).......They should have traded us for the great Matt Moore instead of the great Vontae Davis.

No one has said RT is a fraud anymore than one of you bots called him Marino



who called him Marino? There will never be another Dan Marino.
Tannehill will never be Marino much like Luck will never be Peyton Manning.
People are ridiculous with these comparisons.
I'm just hoping Tannehill becomes an efficient top-10 quarterback.
Hall of Fame comparisons are unnecessary.


I agree, let Tannehill be his own quarterback. Get the right coaches around him, give the kid a couple of seasons to develop, build a team around him, and you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results. I think we've got the right guys around him (Philbin and Sherman). We just need to develop him and put some more weapons around him. If we do those two things I think Tannehill will be the best quarterback in the AFC East in a couple of years.


Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:52 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: RT
swerve13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Iknew that Andrew Luck was a fraud(like Tanny).......They should have traded us for the great Matt Moore instead of the great Vontae Davis.

No one has said RT is a fraud anymore than one of you bots called him Marino



who called him Marino? There will never be another Dan Marino.
Tannehill will never be Marino much like Luck will never be Peyton Manning.
People are ridiculous with these comparisons.
I'm just hoping Tannehill becomes an efficient top-10 quarterback.
Hall of Fame comparisons are unnecessary.

Read slowly....we're in complete agreement. No one compared him with Marino and no one is calling him a fraud. Get it?


Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
Read slowly....we're in complete agreement. No one compared him with Marino and no one is calling him a fraud. Get it?


I don't think anyone is completely going overboard here, Junkie is right. Nobody is saying Tannehill is the next Marino. Nobody is calling him the next John Beck, Pat White, Chad Henne, etc either. I think everyone is taking a wait and see approach with Tannehill. Some are skeptical, some are optimistic, depending on your view.


Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:39 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: RT
Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Hartlines stats are better than Deckers are this year except for TDs.
What wins games? TD passes or 10 Yd outs?

NFLJunkie wrote:
You would like us to believe that the TDs have nothing to do with Peyton Mannind throwing to him versus A rookie QB.
No, I fully admit Manning is a plus. However, Decker put up 8 with Tebow/Orton throwing him the ball. Hartline? 1. What rookie was throwing to Decker last year?

NFLJunkie wrote:
So are you equating RT with Manning?
Nope, I'm saying even with Manning Hartline would struggle to match Deckers 7 TDs through 9 games.

NFLJunkie wrote:
BTW, your MO on here is to argue for the sake of argument. You never make a relevant post worth reading.
If I do not make a post relevant to reading then why are you reading & replying?

NFLJunkie wrote:
The idea that Manning throwing to the WR makes no difference to the TDs caught is asinine.
Never stated otherwise. However, its in the stats. 8 TDs with Tebow ( Your stud NFL QB & Orton ) throwing him the ball. However, now that you have been proven ignorant in your judgement of Tebow you try to slither away like a snake in the dark & want to give credit to Deckers current production to the Qb, but want to knock him for his not so great, ( Yet better than Hartline ) production on him on the Qbing position.

NFLJunkie wrote:
I stated adnauseum last year that playing QB is a whole lot more than looking good throwing a football.Leadership is a huge part of it. Tebows leadership ability is off the charts which made him good enough to win 8 out of 9 games, Make the playoffs, and beat the Steelers in round 1. Those are facts.
Yes, but still not good enough to play in front of the pitiful Mark Sanchez. Leadership is nice, but talent means more.

Ok, so Hartline sucks (not worthy of being a 2) and Ireland is Doing a good job...since Hartline is our number 1 and arguably our most productive player how do you reconcile those diametrically opposing positions in your mind?

On Tebow: Warren Moon and Doug Flutie labored in the CFL for many years because they didn't fit the mold of an NFL QB. The NFL is wrong about Tebow as well. I haven't, as you say, slithered away from anything. The Book of Tebow hasn't ended yet and I don't suspect it will for awhile. It's been put on hold up in NY due to politics. They're afraid to bench the mentally fragile Sanchez to allow Tenow a complete game.


Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: RT
wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Read slowly....we're in complete agreement. No one compared him with Marino and no one is calling him a fraud. Get it?


I don't think anyone is completely going overboard here, Junkie is right. Nobody is saying Tannehill is the next Marino. Nobody is calling him the next John Beck, Pat White, Chad Henne, etc either. I think everyone is taking a wait and see approach with Tannehill. Some are skeptical, some are optimistic, depending on your view.

Yeap. I remain optimistic, but for 3 years out. He is more accurate than either Luck or RGIII. He isn't as far along as either in improvising once the play breaks down. I think both those other guys have OCs that re light years ahead of Sherman. I also think Miami needs to cut ties with Ireland.


Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:52 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6569
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: RT
Quote:
Read slowly....we're in complete agreement. No one compared him with Marino and no one is calling him a fraud. Get it


what are you talkin about???? you just said that we compare him to Marino. It is you who needs to 'read slowly' Mr. Attention Deficit Disorder.
It's like talkin to a wall.


Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:34 am
Profile
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4732
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
Ok, so Hartline sucks (not worthy of being a 2)

Hartline would fit nicely in a Brandon Stokley role.

NFLJunkie wrote:
and Ireland is Doing a good job...
Are you having discussions in your head?

NFLJunkie wrote:
since Hartline is our number 1 and arguably our most productive player how do you reconcile those diametrically opposing positions in your mind?
See above comment.

NFLJunkie wrote:
On Tebow: Warren Moon and Doug Flutie labored in the CFL for many years because they didn't fit the mold of an NFL QB. The NFL is wrong about Tebow as well. I haven't, as you say, slithered away from anything. The Book of Tebow hasn't ended yet and I don't suspect it will for awhile. It's been put on hold up in NY due to politics. They're afraid to bench the mentally fragile Sanchez to allow Tenow a complete game.
Tebow has to learn to throw at a NFL level. Same thing I told you last year. We are now a yr later & he still is not getting better.


Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Read slowly....we're in complete agreement. No one compared him with Marino and no one is calling him a fraud. Get it?


I don't think anyone is completely going overboard here, Junkie is right. Nobody is saying Tannehill is the next Marino. Nobody is calling him the next John Beck, Pat White, Chad Henne, etc either. I think everyone is taking a wait and see approach with Tannehill. Some are skeptical, some are optimistic, depending on your view.

Yeap. I remain optimistic, but for 3 years out. He is more accurate than either Luck or RGIII. He isn't as far along as either in improvising once the play breaks down. I think both those other guys have OCs that re light years ahead of Sherman. I also think Miami needs to cut ties with Ireland.


I agree that Tannehill's best days are definitely in front of him. When we drafted a raw prospect with a ton of upside, we knew what we were getting, especially since Sherman had the inside scoop the last four years. I think if we add weapons around Tannehill, and build an offensive line capable of zone blocking the way our staff wants, that we'll see this offense turn the corner.

I'm on the fence with regards to Ireland. I won't care either way if he stays or goes. If he stays, I'm hopeful he can flip the switch and change the way he drafts. If he goes, I'm sure it will be for someone who is more in tune with what our staff wants.


Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:52 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4997
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: RT
Dphins4me Wrote: you try to slither away like a snake in the dark


Besides reading all the back and forth arguments with my popcorn and coke, this one comment was hysterical.


Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:49 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.