View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Dansby Will Not Finish Season 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Dansby Will Not Finish Season
Quote:

Miami Dolphins LB Karlos Dansby says he is playing with torn biceps
by Ben Volin

A handful of updates from Dolphins world following Thursday night’s 19-14 loss to Buffalo:

1. Karlos Dansby is playing with a torn biceps and dislocated finger.

Dansby has been playing with a giant brace on his left arm since the second quarter of the Week 8 game against the Jets, and Friday he said to Jorge Sedano on WQAM 560-AM that he is playing with a torn left biceps muscle and a dislocated finger on his right hand that’s “popping out every other play.”

Dansby said his torn bicep has him in “some serious pain, day in and day out” and that “the things I have to do to prepare to play, it’s worse than playing in the game.” But Dansby said that surgery would knock him out for five months, so he decided to play through it for the last three weeks.

Dansby leads the Dolphins with 76 total tackles this year, but has just one sack and zero interceptions or forced fumbles. He has dropped potential interceptions in recent games against the Colts and Bills, and said his injury has affected his play.

“The brace that I have on is limiting my range of motion,” he said. “Like yesterday, I had a chance to get a pick, and I couldn’t get my arm in there. … I’m trying to do it with one hand, but I’ve got to make that play, because I’m capable of doing it with one hand.”

Dansby also is frustrated with the Dolphins’ current three-game losing streak.

“I know we’re better than the teams we’re losing to, and that drives me crazy,” he said.

2. Richie Incognito fined for hit vs. Titans.

Incognito’s late hit in the second quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Titans cost his team 29 yards of offense – it negated a 14-yard play and pushed the offense back an extra 15 yards – and earned him a temporary spot on the bench and in Joe Philbin’s dog house.

Now the hit has made Incognito a little lighter in the wallet, as the NFL has fined him $10,000 for the hit after the whistle. Although Incognito has a reputation for being one of the league’s dirtiest players, it is only his second fine in his three-year tenure with Miami (Oakland, 2011).

3. Foul-mouthed referee fined, too.

Speaking of fines, referee Tony Corrente was fined one game check (approximately $9,000) by the NFL for swearing into a live microphone during the Dolphins-Colts game on Nov. 4.

Corrente mistakenly left his microphone on and was heard on the television broadcast using several expletives when huddling with other officials.

“This conduct is inappropriate for a game official,” the NFL office wrote in a statement. “Corrente has apologized to the Colts’ organization and we are confident it will not happen again.”

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dansby Will Not Finish Season
This is how it starts to snowball.

A couple bad games and move out of playoff contention.

Injuries.

Bye bye 2012.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

I would just shut him down for the season at this point.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:48 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

There is the reason you don't sign overrated free agents.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dansby has missed a potential pick six in each of the last two games. He's not tackling like he normally does and overall he just looks a step slow out there. If the injury is truly affecting him this badly, ne needs to get the surgery and take care of his body. I respect the heck out of the guy for trying to play through it, but you don't want to ruin the rest of your career trying to be tough.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:07 am

Good player , however not the player he was for us like he was in Arizona.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]