View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 RT 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: RT
Finhead34 wrote:
Did you see Jake Long just get throttled and pancaked by Shawn Merriman last night? .
Yes, he was running lateral & Merriman wasn't.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:14 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Phins Rock wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:
This exact team? I'm sorry, I didn't realize Brandon Marshall was still here. Didn't realize that Jake Long was still a Pro Bowl caliber player. Didn't realize that Reggie Bush was still running for 5 ypc.

I guess I've been watching the wrong team.

You must've missed the 0-7 start when we were asking where Bush was. You must've missed it when Henne had a 90 QB rating and was still 0-4. Oh yeah, and BMarsh dropped 6 TDs in that span. Miami was awful. Until Moore turned them around.

What? You just said this same exact team went 6-3....Then you bring up an 0-7 team?

A very similar team (although I'd argue less talented) went 6-10...Which is probably where this team is headed too.

Thank you I hate when people try to say moore went 6-0 do the first 3 games he lost not count.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Phins Rock wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:
This exact team? I'm sorry, I didn't realize Brandon Marshall was still here. Didn't realize that Jake Long was still a Pro Bowl caliber player. Didn't realize that Reggie Bush was still running for 5 ypc.

I guess I've been watching the wrong team.

You must've missed the 0-7 start when we were asking where Bush was. You must've missed it when Henne had a 90 QB rating and was still 0-4. Oh yeah, and BMarsh dropped 6 TDs in that span. Miami was awful. Until Moore turned them around.

What? You just said this same exact team went 6-3....Then you bring up an 0-7 team?

A very similar team (although I'd argue less talented) went 6-10...Which is probably where this team is headed too.

Yes, 0-7 start. That was all Moore's fault. He wasn't backing up Henne correctly on the first 4 and the next 3 were his first games under center in Miami. I did say 6-3 DOWN THE STRETCH. That would've qualified it for most people.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Agree.

But he's not going anywhere without WR's who can get open, and an Oline that can protect. Ryan doesn't have much of a shot if they don't clean things up around him next off season.

Again the WR's not getting open thing is a fallacy. Some on here want us to believe they're always draped and it's simply not the case. However I will admit they are not open as often to be considered elite.

Understatement of the year.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:45 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
I did say 6-3 DOWN THE STRETCH. That would've qualified it for most people.

Matt Moore is undefeated this season.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
LOL Mak! You are one hot and cold guy!

Look at Peyton Manning's first year, and he had playmakers.

Look at Eli Manning's first year and he had playmakers.

Tannehill has NOBODY. No line, no running game and no WR.

Give it a rest.

I agree, Tannehill is burdened with leading a rebuilding football team where most of it's key pieces are leftovers from a different coaching staff/systems. While Tannehill does need to get more consistent in all aspects of his game (same could be said for any rookie quarterback), he's not the only problem right now. We have much bigger schematic issues at work right now.

Teams have figured out that Tannehill doesn't have a run game or elite wideout to fall back on, they know this, and they're stacking the box and leaving their safeties high to try and ballhawk. They'll shut down the run, keep the safeties high to prevent anything over the top, and force us to dink and dunk hoping it will eventually lead to turnovers. So far, it's been working. To make matters worse, our coaching staff has been unable to come up with a new gameplan that will allow Tannehill to mix things up and keep opposing defenses off balance and guessing. We're coming out with the same things week afte week and asking Tannehill to make it work, that just simply isn't a recipe for success. A quarterback change won't help that out. Matt Moore is competent enough to fix what is going on right now. Bottom line, the entire offense needs to get better from the top down, that includes Sherman and Philbin.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:50 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
I did say 6-3 DOWN THE STRETCH. That would've qualified it for most people.

Matt Moore is undefeated this season.

I didn't know how many innings he had to pitch to consider it a win.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

Again the WR's not getting open thing is a fallacy. Some on here want us to believe they're always draped and it's simply not the case.

For every one time they have a step on a defender, there is probably 5 times they do not.

Rock Sexton wrote:
However I will admit they are not open as often to be considered elite.
Elite? Hartline is a joke as a No. 2, much less No. 1. He is a No. 4 at best. Bess is good, but replacing him with most anyone would not make us miss him. As a receiver Fasano is a good run blocker. Still hard to believe Miami's 3rd Rd pick still cannot steal a snap or two.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I hope people realize that this train isn't stopping. Tanenhill is going to be our starter for the remainder of the season. When you invest in a rookie starter, you had better be ready to saddle up with that guy. I'm confident that Philbin and Sherman have done that and aren't scared by the past couple of weeks. Neither am I. Perhaps the worst trait of many Dolphins fans is they are impatient, they never want to call things what they are. They are used to seeing the organization throw band-aids on a giant hole. We aren't going to do that anymore. Our new staff was brought in because they understand quarterbacks and what it takes to develop them. That means sticking behind them and developing them as quickly as possible. Tannehill is coming along fine. I believe he'll be much improved by the end of the season. Not only that, I think he'll be ready to lead a much improved offense next year after our staff has had a chance to field a proper team around him that is capable of running the type of offense our coaching staff wants.

So please, quit with the Matt Moore sillyness. He isn't playing unless Tannehill gets hurt. Moore isn't the answer. He's a journeyman backup, not a franchise quarterback. He'll be gone next year. The idea that one player can fix the entire offense shows the lack of intelligence some of the posters on this board have. If you truly watch the games this season you'd see that the Dolphins offensive problems the past couple of weeks go far beyond Tannehill. His rookie inexperience is only one small part of that equation.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

What a waste looking at Merriman would have been

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:03 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Quote:
They'll shut down the run, keep the safeties high to prevent anything over the top

Safeties were never high on first down. There was always one coming to the LOS at the snap. No fear of deep ball. They'll keep seeing this until they attack the deep center part of the field.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Quote:
So please, quit with the Matt Moore sillyness. He isn't playing unless Tannehill gets hurt. Moore isn't the answer. He's a journeyman backup, not a franchise quarterback. He'll be gone next year. The idea that one player can fix the entire offense shows the lack of intelligence some of the posters on this board have. If you truly watch the games this season you'd see that the Dolphins offensive problems the past couple of weeks go far beyond Tannehill. His rookie inexperience is only one small part of that equation.

Again, baseline. Moore played brilliantly against the Jets. Otherwise, Miami loses that game. There is no question that RT has the talent to become a solid NFL QB, but right now he's not even as good as his backup.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:07 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
What a waste looking at Merriman would have been

Agree.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Quote:
Elite? Hartline is a joke as a No. 2, much less No. 1. He is a No. 4 at best. Bess is good, but replacing him with most anyone would not make us miss him. As a receiver Fasano is a good run blocker. Still hard to believe Miami's 3rd Rd pick still cannot steal a snap or two.

Hartline is a good 2. He's not consistent enough to be a 1. Bess a good 3. Fasano is a joke at TE. He whiffed on a couple of blocks that got Bush nailed in the backfield. He dropped the only pass that hit his hands. Time to see if Egnew is a gamer.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Some of you guys blow me away with the knee jerk stuff. Some already to move on from Tanny & ignore everything said about him prior to the season about being inexperienced & needing reps.

Then compare him to Qbs like Luck who started for 3 YRs in college.

Have some perspective. Tanny was going to struggle at some point in the year. Basically I'm still waiting for him to play well, but I will have to wait until he can get a Wr that can get separation of more than an inch.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Hartline is a good 2. He's not consistent enough to be a 1.
No he is not.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Bess a good 3.
Good, but not dangerous.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Fasano is a joke at TE. He whiffed on a couple of blocks that got Bush nailed in the backfield. He dropped the only pass that hit his hands. Time to see if Egnew is a gamer.
Egnew is having trouble finding his own arse, much less the football field.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:15 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Show one post of anyone saying move on from RT...just one.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:16 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Hartline is a good 2. He's not consistent enough to be a 1.
No he is not.

Bess a good 3.
Good, but not dangerous.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Fasano is a joke at TE. He whiffed on a couple of blocks that got Bush nailed in the backfield. He dropped the only pass that hit his hands. Time to see if Egnew is a gamer.
Egnew is having trouble finding his own arse, much less the football field.[/quote]

Basically Peyton Manning has less to work with in Denver. Look at his numbers. oops. Brady..he's got a couple of washed up vets catching the ball. If he was throwing to Bess and Hartline, they'd be in the pro bowl. ... but hey don't let facts ruin your emotional argument.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Pretty much sums up this board after every loss.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Basically Peyton Manning has less to work with in Denver.
Yea Thomas & Decker are jokes.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Look at his numbers. oops. Brady..he's got a couple of washed up vets catching the ball. If he was throwing to Bess and Hartline, they'd be in the pro bowl.
Outside Welker. How many of Brady's Wr have ever been PBers? What fact do you have to support that Hartline or Bess would break that trend?

Regardless. What you are saying is it would take one of the greatest Qbs in NFL history to make them worthy

NFLJunkie wrote:
... but hey don't let facts ruin your emotional argument.
So you projecting what they might do with Brady is a fact? Since when does projecting mean fact? How big of a narcissistic does one have to be to believe what they think is suppose to be a fact?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:

Straw man argument.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Show one post of anyone saying move on from RT...just one.
Sheees. Was not meant to be taken literally.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Quote:
Yea Thomas & Decker are jokes.
They were before Manning
Quote:
Outside Welker. How many of Brady's Wr have ever been PBers? What fact do you have to support that Hartline or Bess would break that trend?
Because Welker was Bess when he was in Miami.
Quote:
Regardless. What you are saying is it would take one of the greatest Qbs in NFL history to make them worthy
No what I'm saying is a good QB fixes a lot of things. Every year a new QB and every year we hear how the WRs suck...we even heard that last year with BMarsh and Henne.

Quote:
Since when does projecting mean fact? How big of a narcissistic does one have to be to believe what they think is suppose to be a fact?
Look its not rocket science. When the Dolphins have good QB play, they win. Go review the 2nd jets game. What does it say about people who constantly point the finger at "other" reasons for failure? Every team has weaknesses. How many pro bowl WRs does Brees have on his roster right now? I would like for people just for once to be objective. Quit blaming the WRs, this imaginary separation etc for the failures in the passing game. RT had plenty of time to throw yesterday but it was the OL's fault.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:50 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

As an item of note, Hartline's stats are better than Deckers but not as good as Thomas's. So saying Hartline wouldn't make a good number 2 WR ...especially when he's on pace to break a 1000yds is just emotional...no facts.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
They were before Manning
Thomas was hurt pretty much most of his 1st two yrs in the NFL. Decker was a 3rd Rd. pick who developed last year & put up 8 Tds.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Because Welker was Bess when he was in Miami.
Welker is faster

NFLJunkie wrote:
No what I'm saying is a good QB fixes a lot of things. Every year a new QB and every year we hear how the WRs suck...we even heard that last year with BMarsh and Henne.
Lets not get good & great confused. You are using two of the greatest QBs in the NFL as examples.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Look its not rocket science. When the Dolphins have good QB play, they win. Go review the 2nd jets game. What does it say about people who constantly point the finger at "other" reasons for failure? Every team has weaknesses.
Tanny is a rookie!! He needs support. Look at what Pitt did with Ben his rookie yr. They ran the ball & did not ask him to carry the offense. He threw on avg 21 times a game. Tanny has already thrown more in attempts in 10 games, than Ben did in 14.

NFLJunkie wrote:
How many pro bowl WRs does Brees have on his roster right now?
Depends on what you mean by right now. Colston is up there & a PB TE in Graham doesn't hurt.

NFLJunkie wrote:
I would like for people just for once to be objective. Quit blaming the WRs, this imaginary separation etc for the failures in the passing game. RT had plenty of time to throw yesterday but it was the OL's fault.
I would like for people to stop comparing what HOF QBs are doing to what a rookie QB is doing. Talk about objective.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
As an item of note, Hartline's stats are better than Deckers but not as good as Thomas's. So saying Hartline wouldn't make a good number 2 WR ...especially when he's on pace to break a 1000yds is just emotional...no facts.

7 TDs to 1. Hartlines stats are inflated also, because of that one games against the Cards. Plus he has two games with 1 or no catches.

Of course he is going to put up some type of numbers. He is it. Decker is doing equal or better with Thomas on the other side.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:14 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

7 TDs to 1. Hartlines stats are inflated also, because of that one games against the Cards. Plus he has two games with 1 or no catches.

Of course he is going to put up some type of numbers. He is it. Decker is doing equal or better with Thomas on the other side.

So Hartline can get open between the 20s but not in the endzone. Something tells me Peyton Manning has a lot to do with those numbers...just a hunch though. :) BTW...could the argument be made that teams can't double cover Decker due to Thomas? nah...that would make it easier on Decker and kill your argument.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

So Hartline can get open between the 20s but not in the endzone. Something tells me Peyton Manning has a lot to do with those numbers...just a hunch though.
I'm sure Manning contributes. However, Decker does not have a DB draped all over him.

NFLJunkie wrote:
BTW...could the argument be made that teams can't double cover Decker due to Thomas? nah...that would make it easier on Decker and kill your argument.

Who is doubling Hartline anywhere?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:34 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
Basically Peyton Manning has less to work with in Denver. Look at his numbers. oops. Brady..he's got a couple of washed up vets catching the ball. If he was throwing to Bess and Hartline, they'd be in the pro bowl. ... but hey don't let facts ruin your emotional argument.

Was that a serious post?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Man that Eric Decker was just a beast before Peyton Manning.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:

Yeah because Tebow makes all his WRs look so good....

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:51 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Yes but look at who Hartline has throwing to him. : )

Hartline is a quality starting NFL receiver.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

Last year was his 2nd Yr & he missed the first half of his rookie year with a foot injury.

Don't let facts get in the way.

What yr is this for Hartline?

AQNOR wrote:

Only in Miami.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Straw man argument.

Reading between the lines. It's no mystery that a good portion of the posters on this page thought Tannehill should have sat, and some still do. It's no mystery that people such as yourself still to this day think Matt Moore is just one fair shot away from showing his promise, and are secretly hoping he does. It's the reason you attack my posts every time I bring up his name. It's the reason to this day you haven't conceded that Tannehill was the right choice. Straw man arguement? It would be if we didn't have you around.
:grin:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

So Hartline can get open between the 20s but not in the endzone. Something tells me Peyton Manning has a lot to do with those numbers...just a hunch though.
I'm sure Manning contributes. However, Decker does not have a DB draped all over him.

NFLJunkie wrote:
BTW...could the argument be made that teams can't double cover Decker due to Thomas? nah...that would make it easier on Decker and kill your argument.

Who is doubling Hartline anywhere?

Since Hartline has more receptions than Decker, I guess he doesn't either.

Hartline has gotten the attention of safeties since his coming out party. Please do a little study before embarrassing yourself with your bush league comments

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:27 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Dphins4me wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Last year was his 2nd Yr & he missed the first half of his rookie year with a foot injury.

Don't let facts get in the way.

What yr is this for Hartline?

AQNOR wrote:

Only in Miami.

I'm going to bet you've rarely, if ever, seen Decker play. He and Hartline are clones. Hartline doesn't have a home run guy getting attention on the other side of the field....

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:29 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

wkloiber13 wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Straw man argument.

Reading between the lines. It's no mystery that a good portion of the posters on this page thought Tannehill should have sat, and some still do. It's no mystery that people such as yourself still to this day think Matt Moore is just one fair shot away from showing his promise, and are secretly hoping he does. It's the reason you attack my posts every time I bring up his name. It's the reason to this day you haven't conceded that Tannehill was the right choice. Straw man arguement? It would be if we didn't have you around.
:grin:

I'm constantly amazed at your logic. One post begs patience although we're 10 games into the season. You concede his youth and inexperience are hurting him yet you see no value in him taking the Aaron Rodgers route and learning behind a proven veteran. Then when his play is so bad it's undeniable he should've sat a year, you continue to say it was the right decision. I'm still hoping you're right and that his confidence won't be completely blown by seasons end

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 pm
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

NFLJunkie wrote:

where do you get this crap?
Decker has 48 catches for 598 yards and 7 TD's (as the #2 WR)
Hartline has 53 catches for 790 yards and 1 lousy TD (as our #1 WR)
and Hartline has played one more game than Decker has as of now.
(and keep in mind that a quarter of Hartline's yards came in 1 game)

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:38 am

Phins Rock wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Was that a serious post?

his posts don't even make sense most of the time.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 am

Rock Sexton wrote:

he caught 8 TD's with lousy quarterbacks last year.
Decker was a beast in college. He has top 15 receiver measurables.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next