View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:44 pm



Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 RT 
Author Message
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6798
Post RT
i know he's a rookie, but he regressing, bad. Yes the OL sucks, yes the RBs suck, Yes the Wrs suck, and yes, dare me, the coaching sucks. BUT, he threw his 1st pick into double coverage and his 2nd pick was a poorly thrown ball (with a 3 man rush and he had time) behind Bess into triple coverage. He doesn't look like Luck or RG3. Time to call hsi a$$ out. Like I said, draft a QB every year until we hit. Hell, the only 1st rd pick that I can remember doing anything is Pouncey, Odrick blows, Ditto with Long, V. Davis is gone and Tanny is still ont he fence. Worse case, we keep drafting until we find our guy, best case we find 2 and get some picks....I'm pissed.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:38 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 474
Post Re: RT
I'm almost with you... but I keep telling myself, who does he have on offense with him? Reggie Bush stands next to Philbin on the sideline all night. Hartline and Bess are not No. 1 or even No. 2 guys. Fasano is OK. The offensive line is an embarrassment. He has absolutely no help.

So yes, while it is clear Tannehill is regressing, he's getting no favors from the coaching staff, the general manager or his teammates.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6798
Post Re: RT
No excuses on those costly picks though. None....


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:42 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 474
Post Re: RT
Makchell wrote:
No excuses on those costly picks though. None....


Agreed. Especially the last one. Just an absolutely terrible throw.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: RT
The second pick was horrendous. But 40 seconds, 1st and 20, no time outs at your own 30....You need to start forcing things.

He's regressed the last couple weeks, but you have to remember the story. This guy was supposed to be a project. Most thought there was no way he'd be ready to start day 1. And he's playing with a piss poor supporting cast...maybe the worst in football right now.

I refuse to be tough on him given those circumstances and what he's shown most of the season.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6798
Post Re: RT
You need to start forcing things.

You do? They dropped 8 into coverage and 3 on bess. That 5 players left to cover 4 or 5 other players. Dumb throw. RT doesn't looke the part. Sorry....


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: RT
He also missed a TD pass to Clay tonight. He is really struggling. The supporting cast is bad, but he just added to the problems tonight.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6798
Post Re: RT
He also missed a TD pass to Clay tonight.


Great point. He can beat the blitz but not a zone D rushing 4. He better get it together or he will be joining Ray Lucas, Cleo Lemon, Henne, Beck and the rest of MIAs sorry butt QBs over the last 13 years. Ironic, 13 years.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6040
Post Re: RT
he was backed up in the endzone...one fat, slow guy coming at him....he throws it away instead of running. Is he that slow?

In fairness to him...through 3 quarters of play...11 out of 13 plays on first down were RUNS. Didn't fool anyone. Safeties were scrunched up, no fear. Sherman was happy to just pound it right in the middle of 10 bodies wasting downs. He put RT in a lot of 2nd and 3rd and long situations. I said this under Sparano with Henne...if you're going to let him play...let him play. Make the defense pay when there is 3 LBs on the field huddled around the LOS. That one thing was the biggest difference in the game. When they finally had to let him throw on first down...they marched down the field and stuck it in the endzone. The OC must be drinking. Seriously, I could've called out the Bills defensive packages and been right 75% of the time. Assinine, stupid...whatever you want to label it. Made Sparano looked like an offensive genius.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: RT
Yeah...but the Bills strength is pass rush and secondary....they stink at stopping the run. It made sense to run, but yes.....some play action passes on first down would help. Might be nice to have a legit receiving threat too.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6040
Post Re: RT
Makchell wrote:
You need to start forcing things.

You do? They dropped 8 into coverage and 3 on bess. That 5 players left to cover 4 or 5 other players. Dumb throw. RT doesn't looke the part. Sorry....


He was never ready. When he was named the starter Rock stated we were beginning 16 weeks of training camp. Well they stole a few games with good defense, STs, and some good throws on first down. Now here they sit on an 0-3 streak and its game over. Well, there's 6 games left. Time to find out who wants to be in Miami. Bush doesn't. Long doesn't. Sean Smith...where was he late in the game? No one is playing outside of Wake and Jones on defense. I'd give you a nickle for the rest of the team. The coaching staff???? Philbin will get another year but what if he loses out? Sherman has proven the last 3 weeks to just be awful. Putrid. That was about as smelly a turd laid on offense as I've ever seen...and I thought last week was bad.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: RT
Miami has made a bad habit out of playing awful on national TV. They got whacked by a bad team tonight.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6040
Post Re: RT
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Yeah...but the Bills strength is pass rush and secondary....they stink at stopping the run. It made sense to run, but yes.....some play action passes on first down would help. Might be nice to have a legit receiving threat too.


So the Bills coaching staff brought the safeties up and dared Miami to throw deep...hold on...I think I'm having dejavu. Yeap...same gameplan as last week. They've had entire week to figure out and work on deep plays. Instead...they run when the safeties are just a step behind the LBs....no team could run on that. Not even the Steelers. You can't blame it all on the WRs....I saw one play I had to laugh at. Fasano beat his LB over the middle. The single safety had cleared to cover someone else. There was no one in the middle of the field. Fasano breaks off the pattern. If he keeps running, hes wide open for 6. inexplicably he broke it off. RT never saw him anyway but it shows you this team isn't attacking anyone beyond 20yds. Until they do that, they'll continue to fail running the ball and they'll continue to lose.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6040
Post Re: RT
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Miami has made a bad habit out of playing awful on national TV. They got whacked by a bad team tonight.


No..it was a bad team whacking a worse one...those are cold hard facts.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: RT
True. The Dolphins don't look a lick better than they did in 2011. Still can't defend the pass. If anything, Tannehill looks worse than Moore. He gets a pass since he is a rookie, but man....he stunk up,the joint tonight.

At this point in the season, I think the only team worse than Miami is Oakland.....and they have a more talented team that beats themselves week after week.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6040
Post Re: RT
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
True. The Dolphins don't look a lick better than they did in 2011. Still can't defend the pass. If anything, Tannehill looks worse than Moore. He gets a pass since he is a rookie, but man....he stunk up,the joint tonight.

At this point in the season, I think the only team worse than Miami is Oakland.....and they have a more talented team that beats themselves week after week.


Here's a secret...Tannehill has been worse than Moore all season. Last year Moore was pretty good in that 12 game stretch....but the coaches that took over decided not to build on that and to start RT. So...here we are. We're officially in week 12 of a 17 week training program and he's now got the attention of the gameplanners around the league...welcome to the NFL.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2561
Post Re: RT
I wanted Moore to be the starter. I thought they should have let Tannehill learn as the backup. The competition in camp,was unfair. Moore always worked and played with the bench players and they pumped up the rookie. Now it is painfully obvious. He had some good games against some bad teams, but he has never put the team on his shoulders, or led a big 4th quarter comeback. He is not helped much by his supporting cast. I still think they should have kept Marshall if they planned all along to start RT.....

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6040
Post Re: RT
The good news is we should really know by week 16 if he's got the ability to turn the corner. Everyone has been hands off up until this week. He'll start fielding some tough questions. He'll see a dejected lockerroom. We'll quickly see what kind of material he's made of. Face it, when teams focused on Henne, he was unable to get it done. Even in his 4th season he had first down on the Chargers 50 with 3 TOs and a minute 30...couldn't get it done. RT is just a rookie. I like the fire he showed on that drive to get them within striking distance and that TD pass was perfect. If not for a marginal penalty call on Hartline, he might have taken the team down to score. He's not quite there.


Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I wanted Moore to be the starter. I thought they should have let Tannehill learn as the backup. The competition in camp,was unfair. Moore always worked and played with the bench players and they pumped up the rookie. Now it is painfully obvious. He had some good games against some bad teams, but he has never put the team on his shoulders, or led a big 4th quarter comeback. He is not helped much by his supporting cast. I still think they should have kept Marshall if they planned all along to start RT.....


Here we go again pumping up a journeyman backup like Matt Moore. I love how at the first signs of trouble you're throwing the rookie quarterback under the bus. Ten games into his career and you're calling for Matt fracking Moore.

This is perhaps the mosth pathetic trait of many Dolphins fans. Their lack of patience. There is a reason we've gone through as many quarterbacks as we have. It's because we throw the guy under the bus the first chance we get.

Take a chill pill, nobody said this season was going to be easy. We've got a rookie head coach and a rookie starting quarterback. These things take time.

:hithead:


Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
The good news is we should really know by week 16 if he's got the ability to turn the corner. Everyone has been hands off up until this week. He'll start fielding some tough questions. He'll see a dejected lockerroom. We'll quickly see what kind of material he's made of. Face it, when teams focused on Henne, he was unable to get it done. Even in his 4th season he had first down on the Chargers 50 with 3 TOs and a minute 30...couldn't get it done. RT is just a rookie. I like the fire he showed on that drive to get them within striking distance and that TD pass was perfect. If not for a marginal penalty call on Hartline, he might have taken the team down to score. He's not quite there.


Imagine if Carpenter makes that 50 yarder. Then the refs don't throw the flag on Hartline. We would have been in fieldgoal range at that point with a chance to win. Tannehill hadn't thrown an interception at that point. Had he not been pressing and trying so hard to win the game himself, perhaps he could have played a clean game? Perhaps if a couple of breaks had gone our way we'd be talking about a come from behind win that we stole? This was a bad game, but we still had a chance to win it in the closing minutes. We just didn't execute. We couldn't catch a break.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:30 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6484
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: RT
you cannot label Tannehill a bust 10 games into his rookie season when he has the worst supporting cast and a coordinater that puts him in bad situations every week.

This whole team all of a sudden looks bad.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:47 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6484
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: RT
Makchell wrote:
He also missed a TD pass to Clay tonight.


Great point. He can beat the blitz but not a zone D rushing 4. He better get it together or he will be joining Ray Lucas, Cleo Lemon, Henne, Beck and the rest of MIAs sorry butt QBs over the last 13 years. Ironic, 13 years.



slow down....this is way too soon for this kind of talk.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:50 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
swerve13 wrote:
you cannot label Tannehill a bust 10 games into his rookie season when he has the worst supporting cast and a coordinater that puts him in bad situations every week.

This whole team all of a sudden looks bad.


I agree, Tannehill and his rookie mistakes are just one reason why we've struggled the past three weeks. The offensive line is terrible. The runningbacks aren't hitting the holes. The playcalling is boring and predictable. The offense is simply bad right now. Tannehill deserves some of the blame, but certainly not all of it.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:53 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: RT
swerve13 wrote:
Makchell wrote:
He also missed a TD pass to Clay tonight.


Great point. He can beat the blitz but not a zone D rushing 4. He better get it together or he will be joining Ray Lucas, Cleo Lemon, Henne, Beck and the rest of MIAs sorry butt QBs over the last 13 years. Ironic, 13 years.



slow down....this is way too soon for this kind of talk.


This kind of garbage is to be expected. There are a lot of people who were pissed off that Tannehill was named the starter. Now that he's struggling they'll start coming out of the woodworks and trying to say I told you so. Nobody want's to call our season what it is, the 1st season of a major rebuild with a rookie starting quarterback and rookie head coach at the helm.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:56 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4638
Post Re: RT
Makchell wrote:
i know he's a rookie, but he regressing, bad. Yes the OL sucks, yes the RBs suck, Yes the Wrs suck, and yes, dare me, the coaching sucks. BUT, he threw his 1st pick into double coverage and his 2nd pick was a poorly thrown ball (with a 3 man rush and he had time) behind Bess into triple coverage. He doesn't look like Luck or RG3. Time to call hsi a$$ out. Like I said, draft a QB every year until we hit. Hell, the only 1st rd pick that I can remember doing anything is Pouncey, Odrick blows, Ditto with Long, V. Davis is gone and Tanny is still ont he fence. Worse case, we keep drafting until we find our guy, best case we find 2 and get some picks....I'm pissed.

When you have nothing to work with, then what do you expect? His Wr cannot get any separation. He has no running game. The OL is not blocking, yet we sit here & byotch about the play of a rookie QB who was raw coming into the NFL. Talk about asinine.

I want to point out. I was against even giving him a chance to start. Miami can do more harm than good by starting him. Have to support him & expect growing pains.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:20 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9163
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: RT
I'm a Ryan Tannehill fan, and I've liked a lot of what I've seen from him this year. I will say that yesterday, despite the lack of help around (no running game, poor blocking) he had a chance at the end of the 4th quarter to separate himself from our other quarterbacks post-Marino and he gave us a big "dud".

One thing I will say is that it is obvious that this offense needs a play-making speedster. I"m still scratching my held trying to figure out why Sherman sent Bess out on a "deep slant" (inside joke in the chat room) when he is a slot receiver, not a burner. He did this a few times in the game. That was the case with one of his two interceptions. The last interception was totally on Tannehill as it was poorly thrown behind and over a receiver blanketed by 3 defenders.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:21 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6798
Post Re: RT
Idon't think it's too early "for thiskind of talk". I never said I told you so guys. I like RT, but we are seeingthe same things out of him that we have seen in every single QB since Marino. Take the Colts. They were the worse team last year and now they are a wildcard team. What changed? A QB, that's what. Until we find a QB, we will con't to lose. The offense cant stay on the field and the D gets worn down. SOrry guys, the truth hurts. I hope RT turns the corner, I really do.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:28 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4638
Post Re: RT
Makchell wrote:
Idon't think it's too early "for thiskind of talk". I never said I told you so guys. I like RT, but we are seeingthe same things out of him that we have seen in every single QB since Marino. Take the Colts. They were the worse team last year and now they are a wildcard team. What changed? A QB, that's what. Until we find a QB, we will con't to lose. The offense cant stay on the field and the D gets worn down. SOrry guys, the truth hurts. I hope RT turns the corner, I really do.

Luck has Wayne to go to. Allen is also showing up. Plus a decent running game. What does Tanny have? Hartline? Give me a break. Bess? Solid slot, but a slow slot. Nothing in the running game. OL who is struggling to do anything. What do you expect from a raw rookie QB? To make chicken salad out of chicken sh-t?

The season is long & Tanny might be hitting the rookie wall also. His passes almost have to be pin point accurate & asking a Qb to do that game in & out is asking a ton, much less asking it from a rookie Qb

Again, Miami should have never started him to begin the season.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:40 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4868
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: RT
Tannehill has absolutely made some bad decisions, so no defending that, but I will defend the fact that the O-Line gives him NO time to throw and his receivers don't appear to be getting separation enough.

Very unfortunate at the end of the game where he was driving Miami in a rhythm and Hartline caught that ball inside around Buffalo's 30-35, only to be calling for pushing off. At that point, they had Buffalo reeling and still plenty of time to take reasonable shots to the end zone. That penalty killed them.

At the end of the day, we have to stay patient as plenty of Hall of Fame level QB's struggled mightly their rookie years and we just need to understand that his surrounding cast is also full of missing pieces.

The good news is that Miami has the most draft picks this next spring and the most money to spend in free agency. This will be Ireland's last stand as GM of the Dolphins.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:12 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21756
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: RT
Makchell wrote:
You need to start forcing things.

You do? They dropped 8 into coverage and 3 on bess. That 5 players left to cover 4 or 5 other players. Dumb throw. RT doesn't looke the part. Sorry....


That's not the way it works Mak. If they dropped 8 in to coverage it is going to appear as if everyone is double or triple covered.

There aren't 4 or 5 other players running routes, you can only send up to 5 receivers, not 6.

At that point in the game against that type of coverage with no apparent safety valve on the play, all the routes were going into coverage. Any throw he would have made would have been between at least two zones. It is not as if Bess had 3 guys following him around the field. He's not that good.

That being said, the throw was way behind Bess, but in that situation it was going to have to be a forced throw.

_________________
Image


Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6798
Post Re: RT
Regardless, good Qbs drive down the field for the win. He had 2 chances and failed at both. I know he's young, and I'not calling him a bust, but the honey moon is over IMO. Show improvement or get out of the way. He has this year and then it's step up time, no training wheels next season.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:56 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5725
Post Re: RT
Dphins4me wrote:
His passes almost have to be pin point accurate & asking a Qb to do that game in & out is asking a ton, much less asking it from a rookie Qb


This is such a myth though.

It's like it's expected that receivers are ALWAYS supposed to be wide open. It's simply not the case. He had opportunities in this game (Charles Clay deep down the field wide open ring a bell?) and didn't capitalize. That's football though ...... when you get opportunities to make a play, you have to because there are only so many of them in a game.

I'll say this though ..... Sherman isn't doing anyone any favors with his play-calling. At the same time, is that simply just a function of what Tanny can/cannot do?

_________________
Image


Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4868
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: RT
Mak, I understand your thoughts, but not all rookie QB's stay progressing their first year, so I believe we need to stay patient. As I pointed out in another thread, Troy Aikman lost his first 11 games a starter and threw 9 TD's against 18 picks his first season. His second year he threw 11 TD's against 18 picks with 7 wins.

I agree that Tannehill needs to keep improving his play and actually the knock against him at A & M was throwing interceptions. Let's hope that he continues to improve, but the supporting cast around him is also playing a part letting him down.

It is a shame that as a Dolphins fan we have to keep saying this throughout 20 QB's changes since Marino left, but really what is our team's better choice right now? We drafted the kid #7 and he will need at least one year and one full off season to settle down more and improve and let's HOPE Ireland takes advantage of all the draft picks and the money to potentially spend in free agency to start filling some of the major holes on this team.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6040
Post Re: RT
wkloiber13 wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I wanted Moore to be the starter. I thought they should have let Tannehill learn as the backup. The competition in camp,was unfair. Moore always worked and played with the bench players and they pumped up the rookie. Now it is painfully obvious. He had some good games against some bad teams, but he has never put the team on his shoulders, or led a big 4th quarter comeback. He is not helped much by his supporting cast. I still think they should have kept Marshall if they planned all along to start RT.....


Here we go again pumping up a journeyman backup like Matt Moore. I love how at the first signs of trouble you're throwing the rookie quarterback under the bus. Ten games into his career and you're calling for Matt fracking Moore.

This is perhaps the mosth pathetic trait of many Dolphins fans. Their lack of patience. There is a reason we've gone through as many quarterbacks as we have. It's because we throw the guy under the bus the first chance we get.

Take a chill pill, nobody said this season was going to be easy. We've got a rookie head coach and a rookie starting quarterback. These things take time.

:hithead:

Moore always was the better QB. Just because he didn't show it in preseason...the guy actually had a track record in the NFL. Anyway, I think he proved it again against the Jets. Here's the deal. No one is arguing that RT needs to be replaced by Moore. It is too late for that anyway, they're 4-6. RT arguably has a better upside, we get that. He is driving the train and that won't change. However, it does open the question of what to do with him if he can't perform better than he did yesterday against a pretty lousy defense. There's always going to be someone else to blame for not winning. Last year when Henne was 0-4 there was always someone else to blame for the loss. Matt Moore comes in and beats the teams he's suppose to beat and suddenly it wasn't Moore..it was the defense that got the credit. Well, I guess maybe the defense does play a little harder when there is something in it for them.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6040
Post Re: RT
swerve13 wrote:
you cannot label Tannehill a bust 10 games into his rookie season when he has the worst supporting cast and a coordinater that puts him in bad situations every week.

This whole team all of a sudden looks bad.


Sherman has been awful last few weeks. Sorry. It is like he's trying to protect RT. If RT is another in the long line of game managers, let's move on. If not, let's open this thing up on first down and attack. I don't care if he throws INTs as long as he's throwing his share of TDs and is learning from his mistakes.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21756
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: RT
Quote:
Last year when Henne was 0-4 there was always someone else to blame for the loss. Matt Moore comes in and beats the teams he's suppose to beat and suddenly it wasn't Moore..it was the defense that got the credit.


Well that's probably because Moore was 0-3 in the games he started after Henne went down and it wasn't until the defense picked it up midway through the season that the Dolphins started winning close games.

_________________
Image


Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21756
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: RT
NFLJunkie wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
you cannot label Tannehill a bust 10 games into his rookie season when he has the worst supporting cast and a coordinater that puts him in bad situations every week.

This whole team all of a sudden looks bad.


Sherman has been awful last few weeks. Sorry. It is like he's trying to protect RT. If RT is another in the long line of game managers, let's move on. If not, let's open this thing up on first down and attack. I don't care if he throws INTs as long as he's throwing his share of TDs and is learning from his mistakes.



Agreed, if you're going to put the kid in a trial by fire, then let it by a trial by fire. Don't stand behind him with a flame retardant blanket and a fire hydrant...

_________________
Image


Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:37 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4868
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: RT
Tannehill is making poor choices and bad throws and his supporting cast is stinking it up.

If the Miami Dolphins draft a Larry Fitzgerald type receiver for the offense and add more line protection, that alone will certainly help.

I haven't even looked ahead in college to see if there are any major studs coming out in the draft. Knowing our luck, it will be a poor receiver choice selection.

Did you see Jake Long just get throttled and pancaked by Shawn Merriman last night?

How disgusting was that to see? Fasano dropping yet another critical easy pass to break early game momentum. It just gets laughable at times.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6040
Post Re: RT
Rich wrote:
Quote:
Last year when Henne was 0-4 there was always someone else to blame for the loss. Matt Moore comes in and beats the teams he's suppose to beat and suddenly it wasn't Moore..it was the defense that got the credit.


Well that's probably because Moore was 0-3 in the games he started after Henne went down and it wasn't until the defense picked it up midway through the season that the Dolphins started winning close games.


Yes. But it was also Moore making plays. If I recall, only one of those 3 games was the offenses fault where they got blown out. 15-0 against Denver with less than 3 minutes. I think they lost by 2 to the Giants. After that, 6-3. PPG went up.


Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6040
Post Re: RT
Finhead34 wrote:
Tannehill is making poor choices and bad throws and his supporting cast is stinking it up.

If the Miami Dolphins draft a Larry Fitzgerald type receiver for the offense and add more line protection, that alone will certainly help.

I haven't even looked ahead in college to see if there are any major studs coming out in the draft. Knowing our luck, it will be a poor receiver choice selection.

Did you see Jake Long just get throttled and pancaked by Shawn Merriman last night?

How disgusting was that to see? Fasano dropping yet another critical easy pass to break early game momentum. It just gets laughable at times.

I posted this before. The vets aren't playing...they're going through the motions. Maybe if they were unemployed the rest of the season, it wouldn't be such a bad thing. Time to figure out who wants out and who wants to stay. Philbin doesn't have Bush's attention despite the benching. I'd argue Fasano is out to lunch too. We know Philbin and RT got one more year to get this together so they better start figuring that out. BTW, what is up with Sherman. He was very creative to start the season but now appears like he is way too conservative. I keep thinking I'm seeing Sparano making play calls out there


Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.