View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 game log 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: game log
Couldn't get it done. Not hat Sherman helped him any. I'd boast that we're going to get some great draft picks next year but they'll probably ruin that like they did last year

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Bess pushed off....poor throw and timing

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Well here is hoping they lose the rest. Miami needs a ton

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:

No way, the corner bumped him and turned his entire body. The throw was on the money, the corner bumped Bess off his route.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Don't give up Dolphins! Get the ball back! Screw the refs!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Wow the FB was 12 yards off and they run up the middle

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Well here is hoping they lose the rest. Miami needs a ton

You can give up. I won't.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

NFLJunkie wrote:

I thought he ran a bad route but I'm no expert. It was double coverage but I don't mind Tannehill trying to make the play

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Matthews!!!
Refs are way to happy

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:30 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Hartline ruined it

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Well it's official...this team might beat KC....BUT no on else

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm

That was a horrible call on Hartline given the contact they were letting the DBs make

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dissapointing loss. I thought for a moment we were going to have a shot. Hartline made a costly penalty. Tannehill with a bad throw out of desperation.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Dissapointing loss. I thought for a moment we were going to have a shot. Hartline made a costly penalty. Tannehill with a bad throw out of desperation.

Out of desperation?

Bro, there was 50 seconds left on the clock and we were near mid-field. He threw into double coverage on the Byrd interception and then triple coverage on the last one. It is what it is.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thigpen and Wake came to play. The rest, not so much. Tannehill sucked tonight. More penalty yards than offensive yards at the half. Awful. No blocking. Coud not run against a defense that can't stop the run. Could not protect the QB, but he made bad throws today. Missed a TD pass to Clay. The last INT was a bad throw. The 1st INT was more on the coach....timing pattern to a short and slow WR. Try that with Moore, not Bess.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He threw into double coverage on the Byrd interception and then triple coverage on the last one. It is what it is.

With a 3 man rush, he had 2 chances to prove who he is and he failed both. maybe Omar is making sense.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

Screw churning the bottom of the roster, need to be churning the top

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The last INT was a bad throw. The 1st INT was more on the coach....timing pattern to a short and slow WR. Try that with Moore, not Bess.

Tanny DOESN'T have to go there with the football. Twice the coaches sent Bess deep (the first time on a double move) and twice we threw to him. I don't understand those two plays at all.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Tanny DOESN'T have to go there with the football

Can you say lock onto reciever?

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Well...I'd rather he take some shots than to sit back and look at his INT-less stats every week and think he's doing well. He got the team in position to win, the team as a whole just isn't good enough....period. Everything I stated to start the season is now happening and no one should be surprised. No point in sugar coating it. They could be the 2nd worst team in the league ... if not the worst. 3 straight losses in arguably the weakest part of their schedule. Coming out of the break I was thinking they could take 4 out of 5 before going into SF. Now it is doubtful that they win a single game until J'ville. I hope that's the case. No point in acting competitive down the stretch.

As a side note, Philbin has lost the confidence of the veteran players on this team. They're just not playing for him. You can't sugar coat that either. They were lethargic last week and they played the first half this week like they didn't want to be in Miami. Since we're officially in the first week of a 6 game training camp he should cut everyone he doesn't see as part of this team in the future...this week....or at least bench them for the remainder of the season. Might as well see what the reserves have.

as a side note, Rishard Matthews....2 targets, 1 catch and 1 PI which would've been a touchdown. Makes you wonder why this kid who had a great preseason hasn't sniffed the field.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Makchell wrote:
Tanny DOESN'T have to go there with the football

Can you say lock onto reciever?

Yeap...never looked that last one off for sure.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There are not many starters on offense. Bess (for a 3rd receiver), Hartline, Pouncey.....maybe Fasano. The rest are forgettable. Not sure what is up with Bush.

The defense is okay in the front 7, but we need another pass rusher and probably 3 real players in the secondary. Jones seems okay. Smith is adequate. The rest, yuck.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Here's another secret...a great QB will make the team around him better. RT needs more development. They started down that road, let's finish it. If at the end of next year he's not gotten any better, then we dump and start over from the top down.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Out of desperation?

Bro, there was 50 seconds left on the clock and we were near mid-field. He threw into double coverage on the Byrd interception and then triple coverage on the last one. It is what it is.

He was trying to help his team come from behind, he tried to do too much and forced a couple of throws into double coverage. It's the kind of things you see from a rookie on a bad offensive team with no run support and bad pass protection. Bottom line, our entire offense stunk it up today, not just Tannehill. No one player would have fixed what was wrong with our gameplan and execution today.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Here's another secret...a great QB will make the team around him better. RT needs more development. They started down that road, let's finish it. If at the end of next year he's not gotten any better, then we dump and start over from the top down.

Wow, you're ready to give up on the entire team and they've only been together for ten games. Philbin and Tannehill inherited a 6-10 football team with a losing culture and you're ready to dump them because they're 4-6 and only in the 1st season of the rebuilding process. Typical impatient Dolphin fan.

:hithead: :hithead: :hithead:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
There are not many starters on offense. Bess (for a 3rd receiver), Hartline, Pouncey.....maybe Fasano. The rest are forgettable. Not sure what is up with Bush.

The defense is okay in the front 7, but we need another pass rusher and probably 3 real players in the secondary. Jones seems okay. Smith is adequate. The rest, yuck.

We have the most picks in next years draft and the most cap space in the NFL. We're only in year one of this rebuild, this stuff takes time. People that thought just because we were 4-3 earlier this year meant we weren't rebuilding anymore were sorely wrong. This team has holes, lots of them. Mainly because the players don't fit the systems. In a year or two when the players are all Philbin's guys, I think we're going to be great. But right now, we're going to struggle at times because Philbin is still coaching Sparano's leftovers.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:43 am
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Wow, you're ready to give up on the entire team and they've only been together for ten games. Philbin and Tannehill inherited a 6-10 football team with a losing culture and you're ready to dump them because they're 4-6 and only in the 1st season of the rebuilding process. Typical impatient Dolphin fan.

Yes, we are ready to give up on the current team that is being fielded. It's pathetic. They are breaking negative records left and right. It's an amazing accomplishment to consistently break negative records. I'm sorry to say this but Miami will not win any more games this entire year. Perhaps KC likes someone mentioned but I don't that even.

So when the Colts were smart enough to lose games on purpose last year, (No one loses twice to the Jags last year without losing on purpose), to get a cream of the top draft pick, Miami was still having the laughable piss poor talent management dream team settling for crap year after year.

How does Green Bay have consistent QB and Offensive line play? How did the Colts go from super crappy to kicking butt in just one year? They do it with talent.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:50 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

How did the Colts go from super crappy to kicking butt in just one year?

A QB. I agree with Junkie on this, it all starts with a QB.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
He was trying to help his team come from behind, he tried to do too much and forced a couple of throws into double coverage. It's the kind of things you see from a rookie on a bad offensive team with no run support and bad pass protection. Bottom line, our entire offense stunk it up today, not just Tannehill. No one player would have fixed what was wrong with our gameplan and execution today.

Still passing the buck.

If it was any other QB out there you'd be howling for the "we need somebody to put the team on his shoulders".

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:15 am

wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Maybe that was misunderstood. If RT doesn't get any better over the next 6 games it would be stupid for Miami to NOT look at drafting yet another QB next spring. That is just the way I feel. The Broncos might end up in the superbowl this year and it is only because of one reason. With that said, its RTs job to lose. I felt that way about Moore coming into camp this year, I'll feel the same about RT going into camp next year. BTW....he didn't inherit a losing culture. This team on its own turned their fortunes around last year. It was the current staff who dumped that in favor of what we have right now.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:54 am

Quote:
We have the most picks in next years draft and the most cap space in the NFL. We're only in year one of this rebuild, this stuff takes time. People that thought just because we were 4-3 earlier this year meant we weren't rebuilding anymore were sorely wrong. This team has holes, lots of them. Mainly because the players don't fit the systems. In a year or two when the players are all Philbin's guys, I think we're going to be great. But right now, we're going to struggle at times because Philbin is still coaching Sparano's leftovers.

Mentally, I signed up for 4-12 this season after it was announced RT was the starter. So I went off my "fiscal" cliff early. I'm now clearly looking for improvement. Despite the crappy game yesterday, the one positive I took from the game was when they let him throw on first down he drove down the field and punched it in. BUILD ON THAT! I want to see more of that. I want to see him finally break through and not just nearly win the game but win it on his own. In spite of his circumstances. Anyway, I'm still watching and hoping each week they take the reigns off.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:58 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Maybe that was misunderstood. If RT doesn't get any better over the next 6 games it would be stupid for Miami to NOT look at drafting yet another QB next spring. That is just the way I feel. The Broncos might end up in the superbowl this year and it is only because of one reason. With that said, its RTs job to lose. I felt that way about Moore coming into camp this year, I'll feel the same about RT going into camp next year. BTW....he didn't inherit a losing culture. This team on its own turned their fortunes around last year. It was the current staff who dumped that in favor of what we have right now.

Miami should draft another QB regardless, just like GB did with both Brohm and Flynn. There is just as good of a chance that Tannehill will fail as there is he will succeed. But you have to give him at least next year to find out. Next year's QB crop isn't exactly inspiring anyway.

If its year 3 or 4 and people are saying he just needs more weapons then you know its time to find a different guy. But right now you can say that RT is surrounded by crap and not good enough YET to overcome it.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 am

jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Miami should draft another QB regardless, just like GB did with both Brohm and Flynn. There is just as good of a chance that Tannehill will fail as there is he will succeed. But you have to give him at least next year to find out. Next year's QB crop isn't exactly inspiring anyway.

If its year 3 or 4 and people are saying he just needs more weapons then you know its time to find a different guy. But right now you can say that RT is surrounded by crap and not good enough YET to overcome it.

that's why I said its his job to lose. I think its important for Miami to give him a shot now that they've committed to him.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
that's why I said its his job to lose. I think its important for Miami to give him a shot now that they've committed to him.

I'd like them to take up Mayock's recommendation and throw caution to the wind. Get aggressive and see what the kid can do as a gunslinger. If he starts racking up some TD passes and elevating the play of his receivers then Miami really has something to build on.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:50 am

jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I'd like them to take up Mayock's recommendation and throw caution to the wind. Get aggressive and see what the kid can do as a gunslinger. If he starts racking up some TD passes and elevating the play of his receivers then Miami really has something to build on.

I've been calling for that for 3-4 weeks. You can't just keep putting him in 2nd and 3rd and long when defenses know the pass is coming. You have to allow him to attack with balance on first down. Not just throw, but throw downfield.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:17 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

And play the rest of the rookies and 1st year players. Put R. Mathews in at WR and get him involved. Activate some of the prac squad players and see what happens, can they be worse than Carrol? Avtivate Egnew and see what happens. At least we will know with these guys. The season is done anyway.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3