All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Couldn't get it done. Not hat Sherman helped him any. I'd boast that we're going to get some great draft picks next year but they'll probably ruin that like they did last year


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:25 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Bess pushed off....poor throw and timing


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Well here is hoping they lose the rest. Miami needs a ton


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
NFLJunkie wrote:
Bess pushed off....poor throw and timing


No way, the corner bumped him and turned his entire body. The throw was on the money, the corner bumped Bess off his route.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Don't give up Dolphins! Get the ball back! Screw the refs!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Wow the FB was 12 yards off and they run up the middle


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
NFLJunkie wrote:
Well here is hoping they lose the rest. Miami needs a ton


You can give up. I won't.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
NFLJunkie wrote:
Bess pushed off....poor throw and timing


I thought he ran a bad route but I'm no expert. It was double coverage but I don't mind Tannehill trying to make the play

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:30 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Matthews!!!
Refs are way to happy


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
Hartline ruined it

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Well it's official...this team might beat KC....BUT no on else


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
That was a horrible call on Hartline given the contact they were letting the DBs make


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Dissapointing loss. I thought for a moment we were going to have a shot. Hartline made a costly penalty. Tannehill with a bad throw out of desperation.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
wkloiber13 wrote:
Dissapointing loss. I thought for a moment we were going to have a shot. Hartline made a costly penalty. Tannehill with a bad throw out of desperation.


Out of desperation?

Bro, there was 50 seconds left on the clock and we were near mid-field. He threw into double coverage on the Byrd interception and then triple coverage on the last one. It is what it is.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
Thigpen and Wake came to play. The rest, not so much. Tannehill sucked tonight. More penalty yards than offensive yards at the half. Awful. No blocking. Coud not run against a defense that can't stop the run. Could not protect the QB, but he made bad throws today. Missed a TD pass to Clay. The last INT was a bad throw. The 1st INT was more on the coach....timing pattern to a short and slow WR. Try that with Moore, not Bess.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8256
He threw into double coverage on the Byrd interception and then triple coverage on the last one. It is what it is.


With a 3 man rush, he had 2 chances to prove who he is and he failed both. maybe Omar is making sense.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Posts: 124
Screw churning the bottom of the roster, need to be churning the top

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The last INT was a bad throw. The 1st INT was more on the coach....timing pattern to a short and slow WR. Try that with Moore, not Bess.


Tanny DOESN'T have to go there with the football. Twice the coaches sent Bess deep (the first time on a double move) and twice we threw to him. I don't understand those two plays at all.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:42 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8256
Tanny DOESN'T have to go there with the football

Can you say lock onto reciever?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Well...I'd rather he take some shots than to sit back and look at his INT-less stats every week and think he's doing well. He got the team in position to win, the team as a whole just isn't good enough....period. Everything I stated to start the season is now happening and no one should be surprised. No point in sugar coating it. They could be the 2nd worst team in the league ... if not the worst. 3 straight losses in arguably the weakest part of their schedule. Coming out of the break I was thinking they could take 4 out of 5 before going into SF. Now it is doubtful that they win a single game until J'ville. I hope that's the case. No point in acting competitive down the stretch.

As a side note, Philbin has lost the confidence of the veteran players on this team. They're just not playing for him. You can't sugar coat that either. They were lethargic last week and they played the first half this week like they didn't want to be in Miami. Since we're officially in the first week of a 6 game training camp he should cut everyone he doesn't see as part of this team in the future...this week....or at least bench them for the remainder of the season. Might as well see what the reserves have.

as a side note, Rishard Matthews....2 targets, 1 catch and 1 PI which would've been a touchdown. Makes you wonder why this kid who had a great preseason hasn't sniffed the field.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Makchell wrote:
Tanny DOESN'T have to go there with the football

Can you say lock onto reciever?


Yeap...never looked that last one off for sure.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
There are not many starters on offense. Bess (for a 3rd receiver), Hartline, Pouncey.....maybe Fasano. The rest are forgettable. Not sure what is up with Bush.

The defense is okay in the front 7, but we need another pass rusher and probably 3 real players in the secondary. Jones seems okay. Smith is adequate. The rest, yuck.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Here's another secret...a great QB will make the team around him better. RT needs more development. They started down that road, let's finish it. If at the end of next year he's not gotten any better, then we dump and start over from the top down.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Dissapointing loss. I thought for a moment we were going to have a shot. Hartline made a costly penalty. Tannehill with a bad throw out of desperation.


Out of desperation?

Bro, there was 50 seconds left on the clock and we were near mid-field. He threw into double coverage on the Byrd interception and then triple coverage on the last one. It is what it is.


He was trying to help his team come from behind, he tried to do too much and forced a couple of throws into double coverage. It's the kind of things you see from a rookie on a bad offensive team with no run support and bad pass protection. Bottom line, our entire offense stunk it up today, not just Tannehill. No one player would have fixed what was wrong with our gameplan and execution today.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
NFLJunkie wrote:
Here's another secret...a great QB will make the team around him better. RT needs more development. They started down that road, let's finish it. If at the end of next year he's not gotten any better, then we dump and start over from the top down.


Wow, you're ready to give up on the entire team and they've only been together for ten games. Philbin and Tannehill inherited a 6-10 football team with a losing culture and you're ready to dump them because they're 4-6 and only in the 1st season of the rebuilding process. Typical impatient Dolphin fan.

:hithead: :hithead: :hithead:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:43 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
There are not many starters on offense. Bess (for a 3rd receiver), Hartline, Pouncey.....maybe Fasano. The rest are forgettable. Not sure what is up with Bush.

The defense is okay in the front 7, but we need another pass rusher and probably 3 real players in the secondary. Jones seems okay. Smith is adequate. The rest, yuck.


We have the most picks in next years draft and the most cap space in the NFL. We're only in year one of this rebuild, this stuff takes time. People that thought just because we were 4-3 earlier this year meant we weren't rebuilding anymore were sorely wrong. This team has holes, lots of them. Mainly because the players don't fit the systems. In a year or two when the players are all Philbin's guys, I think we're going to be great. But right now, we're going to struggle at times because Philbin is still coaching Sparano's leftovers.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:50 am 
Offline
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 500
wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Here's another secret...a great QB will make the team around him better. RT needs more development. They started down that road, let's finish it. If at the end of next year he's not gotten any better, then we dump and start over from the top down.


Wow, you're ready to give up on the entire team and they've only been together for ten games. Philbin and Tannehill inherited a 6-10 football team with a losing culture and you're ready to dump them because they're 4-6 and only in the 1st season of the rebuilding process. Typical impatient Dolphin fan.

:hithead: :hithead: :hithead:


Yes, we are ready to give up on the current team that is being fielded. It's pathetic. They are breaking negative records left and right. It's an amazing accomplishment to consistently break negative records. I'm sorry to say this but Miami will not win any more games this entire year. Perhaps KC likes someone mentioned but I don't that even.

So when the Colts were smart enough to lose games on purpose last year, (No one loses twice to the Jags last year without losing on purpose), to get a cream of the top draft pick, Miami was still having the laughable piss poor talent management dream team settling for crap year after year.

How does Green Bay have consistent QB and Offensive line play? How did the Colts go from super crappy to kicking butt in just one year? They do it with talent.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8256
How did the Colts go from super crappy to kicking butt in just one year?

A QB. I agree with Junkie on this, it all starts with a QB.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
wkloiber13 wrote:
He was trying to help his team come from behind, he tried to do too much and forced a couple of throws into double coverage. It's the kind of things you see from a rookie on a bad offensive team with no run support and bad pass protection. Bottom line, our entire offense stunk it up today, not just Tannehill. No one player would have fixed what was wrong with our gameplan and execution today.


Still passing the buck.

If it was any other QB out there you'd be howling for the "we need somebody to put the team on his shoulders".

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:54 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Here's another secret...a great QB will make the team around him better. RT needs more development. They started down that road, let's finish it. If at the end of next year he's not gotten any better, then we dump and start over from the top down.


Wow, you're ready to give up on the entire team and they've only been together for ten games. Philbin and Tannehill inherited a 6-10 football team with a losing culture and you're ready to dump them because they're 4-6 and only in the 1st season of the rebuilding process. Typical impatient Dolphin fan.

:hithead: :hithead: :hithead:


Maybe that was misunderstood. If RT doesn't get any better over the next 6 games it would be stupid for Miami to NOT look at drafting yet another QB next spring. That is just the way I feel. The Broncos might end up in the superbowl this year and it is only because of one reason. With that said, its RTs job to lose. I felt that way about Moore coming into camp this year, I'll feel the same about RT going into camp next year. BTW....he didn't inherit a losing culture. This team on its own turned their fortunes around last year. It was the current staff who dumped that in favor of what we have right now.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:58 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
Quote:
We have the most picks in next years draft and the most cap space in the NFL. We're only in year one of this rebuild, this stuff takes time. People that thought just because we were 4-3 earlier this year meant we weren't rebuilding anymore were sorely wrong. This team has holes, lots of them. Mainly because the players don't fit the systems. In a year or two when the players are all Philbin's guys, I think we're going to be great. But right now, we're going to struggle at times because Philbin is still coaching Sparano's leftovers.


Mentally, I signed up for 4-12 this season after it was announced RT was the starter. So I went off my "fiscal" cliff early. I'm now clearly looking for improvement. Despite the crappy game yesterday, the one positive I took from the game was when they let him throw on first down he drove down the field and punched it in. BUILD ON THAT! I want to see more of that. I want to see him finally break through and not just nearly win the game but win it on his own. In spite of his circumstances. Anyway, I'm still watching and hoping each week they take the reigns off.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8340
Location: MA
NFLJunkie wrote:
Maybe that was misunderstood. If RT doesn't get any better over the next 6 games it would be stupid for Miami to NOT look at drafting yet another QB next spring. That is just the way I feel. The Broncos might end up in the superbowl this year and it is only because of one reason. With that said, its RTs job to lose. I felt that way about Moore coming into camp this year, I'll feel the same about RT going into camp next year. BTW....he didn't inherit a losing culture. This team on its own turned their fortunes around last year. It was the current staff who dumped that in favor of what we have right now.


Miami should draft another QB regardless, just like GB did with both Brohm and Flynn. There is just as good of a chance that Tannehill will fail as there is he will succeed. But you have to give him at least next year to find out. Next year's QB crop isn't exactly inspiring anyway.

If its year 3 or 4 and people are saying he just needs more weapons then you know its time to find a different guy. But right now you can say that RT is surrounded by crap and not good enough YET to overcome it.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Maybe that was misunderstood. If RT doesn't get any better over the next 6 games it would be stupid for Miami to NOT look at drafting yet another QB next spring. That is just the way I feel. The Broncos might end up in the superbowl this year and it is only because of one reason. With that said, its RTs job to lose. I felt that way about Moore coming into camp this year, I'll feel the same about RT going into camp next year. BTW....he didn't inherit a losing culture. This team on its own turned their fortunes around last year. It was the current staff who dumped that in favor of what we have right now.


Miami should draft another QB regardless, just like GB did with both Brohm and Flynn. There is just as good of a chance that Tannehill will fail as there is he will succeed. But you have to give him at least next year to find out. Next year's QB crop isn't exactly inspiring anyway.

If its year 3 or 4 and people are saying he just needs more weapons then you know its time to find a different guy. But right now you can say that RT is surrounded by crap and not good enough YET to overcome it.

that's why I said its his job to lose. I think its important for Miami to give him a shot now that they've committed to him.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:50 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8340
Location: MA
NFLJunkie wrote:
that's why I said its his job to lose. I think its important for Miami to give him a shot now that they've committed to him.


I'd like them to take up Mayock's recommendation and throw caution to the wind. Get aggressive and see what the kid can do as a gunslinger. If he starts racking up some TD passes and elevating the play of his receivers then Miami really has something to build on.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:17 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6728
jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
that's why I said its his job to lose. I think its important for Miami to give him a shot now that they've committed to him.


I'd like them to take up Mayock's recommendation and throw caution to the wind. Get aggressive and see what the kid can do as a gunslinger. If he starts racking up some TD passes and elevating the play of his receivers then Miami really has something to build on.


I've been calling for that for 3-4 weeks. You can't just keep putting him in 2nd and 3rd and long when defenses know the pass is coming. You have to allow him to attack with balance on first down. Not just throw, but throw downfield.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: game log
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:25 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8256
And play the rest of the rookies and 1st year players. Put R. Mathews in at WR and get him involved. Activate some of the prac squad players and see what happens, can they be worse than Carrol? Avtivate Egnew and see what happens. At least we will know with these guys. The season is done anyway.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r