View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Omar Kelly twitter Henne compared to Tannehill 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Omar Kelly twitter Henne compared to Tannehill
Makchell wrote:
We and the coaches want to see improvment. To be honest, I blame the coaches for that loss. The OC keeps calling slant routes and curl routes. Defenses pick it up and play zone and hence a 3 pick game. If teams are rushing 3, 4, or 5 OL, then we need to pound the ball. It looks like the pass set the run up on Sunday but the coaches didn't adjust.

I agree 100%, we need to get back to running the football. We need to have a more balanced attack. The past two weeks I think the pass to run ration has been something like 77 to 40. Putting the entire game on your rookie quarterback's shoulders is a bad gameplan if you ask me. Not that Tannehill has proven ineffective, I just feel we're a much better team when we have a more balanced attack. We're at our best when we're effectively running the ball and taking shots downfield with playaction. When we do that Tannehill looks very efficient and we win football games. Heck, we win games when we stubbornly run the ball out of principle. Bottom line, if we're going to fix this thing, it starts with bringing back the run game.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:07 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
Rich wrote:
It's the knee jerks.

He was bound to have a bad game.

I'm impressed that he didn't throw an interception for 4 straight weeks before that. Since the Dolphins were pretty much one-dimensional during that time and the OL was porous, are the "knee jerkers" erasing that from their memories?

Knee--Jerk fans don't have memories. That is why they're knee-jerkers.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
Could someone point out where in that series of tweets Omar is saying, I told you so?

You could not have missed this point any worse had you tried to miss it. Never said that was what the tweets were about. Saying if Tanny continues to struggle, then & ONLY then could Kelly come back & state. "Well back after the 9th game I pointed these things out. '

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:11 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Rich wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
This is why I was not on board with starting Tanny coming out of the gate. First sign of struggle from a raw inexperienced rookie Qb & you start getting this type stuff. So many reporters want to be the guy that says " I told you so"

And then segments of the fanbase blindly follow and are calling the guy a bust if he isn't putting up 45 TDs in season two...

Then there are those who resort to hyperbole to attack an argument.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:14 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

"Kelly is an egomaniac who thinks he knows the real deal and it is why I stopped reading anything from him."

Kelly is no different that anyone else. He has opinions. Look, Philbin shocked a lot of fans when he named RT the starter. I was personally pissed because he single handedly took my playoff hopes and flushed them before the football even took a meaningful snap. RT has played a lot better than I expected. As a comparison, he's about where Henne was right before mid-season in Henne's 2nd season. Does he get better, or does he just level out or get worse? Does he bounce back from this and play well? No one is calling for his head. But it would be nice to see him show some improvement down the stretch. Henne's problem...he was mentally fragile and pouted which made him play worse.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 am
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
This is why I was not on board with starting Tanny coming out of the gate. First sign of struggle from a raw inexperienced rookie Qb & you start getting this type stuff. So many reporters want to be the guy that says " I told you so"

And then segments of the fanbase blindly follow and are calling the guy a bust if he isn't putting up 45 TDs in season two...

Then there are those who resort to hyperbole to attack an argument.

No hyperbole... history, the best indicator of future behavior.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Quote:

Show me a post where someone, anyone, ever expected a Dolphins QB to pass for 45 TDs his first season. I think most people just want to see improvement.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:38 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Show me a post where someone, anyone, ever expected a Dolphins QB to pass for 45 TDs his first season. I think most people just want to see improvement.

After you show me a post where you demonstrate that you know what you're talking about.

I win. :fart:

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:43 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
"Kelly is an egomaniac who thinks he knows the real deal and it is why I stopped reading anything from him."

Kelly is no different that anyone else. He has opinions. Look, Philbin shocked a lot of fans when he named RT the starter. I was personally pissed because he single handedly took my playoff hopes and flushed them before the football even took a meaningful snap. RT has played a lot better than I expected. As a comparison, he's about where Henne was right before mid-season in Henne's 2nd season. Does he get better, or does he just level out or get worse? Does he bounce back from this and play well? No one is calling for his head. But it would be nice to see him show some improvement down the stretch. Henne's problem...he was mentally fragile and pouted which made him play worse.

Disagree. Kelly likes to pick fights with readers and prove his supposed superiority. He can deflect the implications but I've seen it before. If Tannehill falters, remember this conversation and watch him play the I told you so game. He'll claim he saw it coming.

Once again, I agree with you on Tannehill.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:

If you're speaking 100% in terms of stats, and nothing else, then yes there are a few similarities. But when you start to break the two players down, they are polar opposites. Henne struggled with the deep ball, Tannehill has one of the most accurate deep balls in the NFL. Henne struggled to read defenses and was reportedly not allowed to call audibles well into his 3rd season, Tannehill runs a hurry up and has full reign of the offense to call audibles and change protections, something Henne still struggles with as a veteran in his 5th year. Henne struggled against the blitz and often took coverage sacks, Tannehill is one of the most accurate passers in the NFL against the blitz. So while somebody found a few stats to match up, other than that these are two completely different guys in two completely different situations.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:14 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

If you're speaking 100% in terms of stats, and nothing else, then yes there are a few similarities. But when you start to break the two players down, they are polar opposites. Henne struggled with the deep ball, Tannehill has one of the most accurate deep balls in the NFL. Henne struggled to read defenses and was reportedly not allowed to call audibles well into his 3rd season, Tannehill runs a hurry up and has full reign of the offense to call audibles and change protections, something Henne still struggles with as a veteran in his 5th year. Henne struggled against the blitz and often took coverage sacks, Tannehill is one of the most accurate passers in the NFL against the blitz. So while somebody found a few stats to match up, other than that these are two completely different guys in two completely different situations.

Hey, I can acknowledge all that and were still at a point where all that ability needs to show up and start to be more than just a game manager who can throw an accurate slant. He has to start exploiting those 1:1 match ups when he has them

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:24 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Every time I am stupid enough to read one of Omar's worthless articles, I struggle to understand how he got a job as a writer.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2