View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Bills haven't won in Buffalo this year 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Bills haven't won in Buffalo this year
Sounds like the Sparano Dolphins ... can't win at home.

Quote:
Anything about Buffalo at Gillette Stadium. The Bills haven't won there ... period. Yeah, they came close, but how many times have we said that? Time to move Chan Gailey and GM Buddy Nix to the endangered list. The Bills are one of this season's biggest disappointments.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2094 ... postseason

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Bills haven't won in Buffalo this year
Yeah til Thursday.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm hoping we can keep that streak alive. I expect the leaders of this team to really step up this week, I'm sure our coaching staff has challenged them after that embarrassing loss to Tennessee. Bush is a guy to watch. He absolutely tore up the Bills last season in Buffalo. Remember him making snow angels in the endzone??? 203 yards and 2 touchdowns. Let's see what he does for an encore.
:stiffarm:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Bush looked back up to speed last Sunday.......but the benching slowed him down somewhat. Expect more silliness Thursday.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Bush looked back up to speed last Sunday.......but the benching slowed him down somewhat. Expect more silliness Thursday.

I'm not too sure, I think that we're going to respond in a good way this week. The only other time we were blown out, we responded by blowing out a bad Oakland Raiders team. Tannehill and Bush both had good games. I'm hoping we do something similar against Buffalo.

To be honest, if we blow them out I won't be surprised. This team has shown to a small degree that they're able to grind out wins if their back is to the wall. Their back was to the wall after week one and the got a good win against Oakland. Their back was to the wall after dropping two OT games in a row and they bounced back with two hard fought wins against Cincinnatti and St. Louis.

This week is a big time gut check, I think we've got the guts to rise to the challenge.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:29 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

They get thier 1st home win and thier 1st primetime win since 2001. We suck.....BAD.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I saw this loss coming......too easy to predict. The team is mailing it in. I think they will be lucky to win another game this year. I would rather they lose out now. So many holes to fill and we need high picks.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Makchell wrote:
They get thier 1st home win and thier 1st primetime win since 2001. We suck.....BAD.

I used to joke years ago that someone pissed off some voodoo queen and she put a curse on the team. I've never been around an organization this snakebit in its decision making. Culpepper over Brees. Long over Ryan. Couldn't land Harbaugh. Couldn't land Cowher. Couldn't land Manning. Couldn't, couldn't..couldn't. It is bad right now. Everyone, inlcuding stars like Bmarsh come to Miami and rot. If Manning did sign there....he would've hurt his neck. If we landed Harbaugh, he would've went 4-12 and been fired. Sorry...but new year, same old story.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:16 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I used to joke years ago that someone pissed off some voodoo queen and she put a curse on the team. I've never been around an organization this snakebit in its decision making. Culpepper over Brees. Long over Ryan. Couldn't land Harbaugh. Couldn't land Cowher. Couldn't land Manning. Couldn't, couldn't..couldn't. It is bad right now. Everyone, inlcuding stars like Bmarsh come to Miami and rot. If Manning did sign there....he would've hurt his neck. If we landed Harbaugh, he would've went 4-12 and been fired. Sorry...but new year, same old story.

Funny what a 3 game losing streak does.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I don't know what happened to this team for them to just start falling apart. It starts with their line, it has just been miserable. Can't protect the QB, cannot open up enough holes for the running back on offense.

On defense, opposing QB's have more time to throw and our corners are just not good enough to hang with good receivers. Carroll got flagged how many times? Heck, if I were Buffalo I would have kept throwing at him the entire game. Smith? All this talent and it is like he plays scared and always seemingly behind the receiver or turned around.

Lot's of holes still to fill on this team. I guess the first 7 games were a mirage.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 am

Finhead34 wrote:

I don't know what happened to this team for them to just start falling apart. It starts with their line, it has just been miserable. Can't protect the QB, cannot open up enough holes for the running back on offense.

On defense, opposing QB's have more time to throw and our corners are just not good enough to hang with good receivers. Carroll got flagged how many times? Heck, if I were Buffalo I would have kept throwing at him the entire game. Smith? All this talent and it is like he plays scared and always seemingly behind the receiver or turned around.

Lot's of holes still to fill on this team. I guess the first 7 games were a mirage.

Defenses changed the way they're playing Miami. They're bringing the safeties a couple of steps closer to the LOS. Bush was tackled in the backfield several times by the safties. The blocking looks bad because there's 9-10 guys on first down snaps. Miami doesn't throw out of the I formation with a FB in the game. What happened to the throws to our FB? 1 flat throw to Bush went for 10yds....we did it once the entire game. I swear it is like Sherman is schizo. The first part the of season I think I saw several posts on how refreshing it was to watch an attacking gameplan. Now, it is like I'm watching Sparano. Before Q4....only 3 pass attempts on first down. You can't win if you don't exploit mismatches....especially since you don't have a guy who can beat them deep.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]