View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Week 10 Judgements: 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Week 10 Judgements:
When you talk about rookies hitting the wall, you're talking about Ryan Tannehill vs. Tennessee.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2094 ... postseason

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:52 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Week 10 Judgements:
Well now that he's hit the "wall", the question now becomes how he will respond. We've got a huge division game this week, the biggest game of Tannehill's young career. It will be interesting to see how he plays.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:59 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

wkloiber13 wrote:
Well now that he's hit the "wall", the question now becomes how he will respond. We've got a huge division game this week, the biggest game of Tannehill's young career. It will be interesting to see how he plays.

The question is, can you properly evaluate Tannehill with who he is throwing to? I'm sorry to say, but Brian Hartline and Davonne Bess wouldn't be starters anywhere else.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:52 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

TommyNoleFin wrote:
The question is, can you properly evaluate Tannehill with who he is throwing to? I'm sorry to say, but Brian Hartline and Davonne Bess wouldn't be starters anywhere else.

I think they would start for any team in the NFL. I think it is hard to evaluate Tannehill due to the lack of protection he gets in a game. He has to make quick decisions and I have to say that he is getting better with going through the progressions. This was the thing that worried me about starting him in game 1 and he's responded well. He threw 3 interceptions. Yep, but he didn't throw any for 4 weeks. He had a bad game. Let's see if he can shake it off and have a good game this week. The rookie is learning.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

He goes into that game with 3 straight games without a pick, now he hit the wall..

LOL

Kid had a bad game, actually the entire team had a bad game, dont think it means much.. wkloiber13 poised the right question, lets see how he responds on the road in Buffalo...

Heard Philbin on Sirius Blitz, didnt exactly give Tanne a pass, but did say that 2 of his picks wer protection breakdowns. Also mentioned that the lack of run game comes from both the line not creating space, and the backs not making the right decisions...

I agree with some here, not that hartline and bess are not starters, thats actually laughable, but we need more from the others or another WR...

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
I agree with some here, not that hartline and bess are not starters, thats actually laughable, but we need more from the others or another WR...
Bess would start in the slot for many teams. Hartline would be a solid No. 4 & fill in starter for many teams. He is not a 16 game a year starter in the NFL.

Also, who knows when a rookie hits the wall. Is it gradual or off the cliff type situation.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I disagree about Hartline. I think he is an NFL starter.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Hartline is an NFL starter and the best receiver on the team. He got lost with all he focus on Marshall.....he needed more targets. I believe he has led all WR's on the team for YPC since he came to Miami.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:58 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
When you talk about rookies hitting the wall, you're talking about Ryan Tannehill vs. Tennessee.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2094 ... postseason

That's not a wall (yet), that's a bad game.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 am
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

I agree with everyone that the last game was simply a "bad game",

But no serious contenders allow "bad games", when they only have one division win. In the short season of the NFL, the timing of this "bad game", is really bad news for the season.

However, I am still over-all pleased with Ryan's rookie season. I really like him a lot. As for our discussion on Hartline and others being questionable starters if on other teams. I agree that they are right in the middle of being starter quality and not. Tough call. We are so use to lack of talent and execution that it's difficult for us to determine. LOL.

The part of our team that surprised me until last week is our secondary. They have done better than I thought. But as for our offense, it's right about where I would expect.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]