View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lamar Miller. 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Lamar Miller.
FINesse and I were in the locker last night and he has his monthly "goals" posted. One of them was to "not Cheat on my girlfriend". These guys are so dumb IMO and fans worship these guys like they are Gods.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Lamar Miller.
Who cares, everyone has goals. When you're making that kind of money and playing on that stage, temtation can come at you from every angle. Staying faithful is a very honest goal for some. I don't fault the guy for being honest with himself. I just hope the majority of the guys goals were football related.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:58 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

That just goes to show what head cases these guys really are.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:28 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
FINesse and I were in the locker last night and he has his monthly "goals" posted. One of them was to "not Cheat on my girlfriend". These guys are so dumb IMO and fans worship these guys like they are Gods.

Maybe it was a joke?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:12 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
FINesse and I were in the locker last night and he has his monthly "goals" posted. One of them was to "not Cheat on my girlfriend".

LOL. It's got to be hard to stay faithful when you have all these beautiful women throwing themselves at you. Of course, I wouldn't write it on my locker as a goal though;)

If this was Lamar Miller's locker I am sure he would want this kept private.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:26 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Maybe it was a joke?

It was not a joke. His other goals were to save money, get stronger by working out, ETC. I wouldn't even have a girlfriend. Being faithful is like brushing your teeth, it's automatic. I guess my monthly goals would be to mow lawn, every week, wash car, pay bills, go to work....lol

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:36 am

Makchell wrote:
Maybe it was a joke?

It was not a joke. His other goals were to save money, get stronger by working out, ETC. I wouldn't even have a girlfriend. Being faithful is like brushing your teeth, it's automatic. I guess my monthly goals would be to mow lawn, every week, wash car, pay bills, go to work....lol

I still think it could be a joke, even if the other goals are serious.

Without personally knowing the guy, you can't tell what type of sense of humor he has etc...

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Yeah, I bet we would be shocked if we personally knew these guys. How did you get to go into the locker rooms????

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

bobby0112 wrote:
Yeah, I bet we would be shocked if we personally knew these guys. How did you get to go into the locker rooms????

I wonder what Icognito's goals are............try not to rip anyone's face off today.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

i'm sure 70% of the NFL are pieces of crap No surprise here.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

How did you get to go into the locker rooms????

Web weekend, I got a tour of it Sat night. You're right Swerve. Every year I go it gets worse and worse. Hartline was 15ft from us and he would not come up to us and shake our hand. I don't care who they think they are, we are there customers and they couldn't careless about the fans or the product on the field. THe parking area was full of 911, Benz, and BMWs, decked out. Yeah, poor players....and thier goals.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Well the NFL like the NBA is a hard place for guys to stay faithful. Women throw themselves at these guys and we expect that they aren't going to be tempted? I mean its not like he said be faithful to his wife, it's his girlfriend (not that I'm saying cheating on your girlfriend is ok either). At any rate, were you guys expecting choir boys?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:13 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

You've never cheated on your girlfriend because you don't have hot women throwing themselves at you
maybe you wouldn't...but your not in that situation.

“We all stink. We're 0-6, everybody stinks. We’ve all, in some way, shape or form have not been good enough I don’t care if it’s the front-desk secretary — she ain’t doing a good enough job.”-Reggie Bush

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I still think Lamar Miller is going to be Miami's feature back in the future. He has the size to run the ball up the middle and has the speed to take it to the house.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. For a rookie 4th round pick those are very realistic goals. It preaches hard work and responsibility. I see nothing wrong with that. To me it seems like Miller is a very grounded individual with realistic goals, and if he stays true to them, he'll keep them. This list actually gives me the opposite reaction to the initial post. I actually come away from this having a greater appreciation of Miller.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I agree from how its written it doesnt look that bad seems like he is motivated to get better.

Last edited by dolfan91 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:40 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I actually come away from this having a greater appreciation of Miller.

We knew you would you feel that way. You are one of "them". It's cool bro.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Why would you go into the locker room and take a photo of a guy's private locker space?

That's ridiculous, and if I were an employee of the team, I'd never let you back in. I don't see people going through your private space and then posting it all over the internet -- INCLUDING A PHOTO.

That's sick. Some things are just better left unsaid. And who the hell are you to judge anyone? Are you a perfect person?

Ridiculous... this thread should get deleted.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm

MNDolfan wrote:
Why would you go into the locker room and take a photo of a guy's private locker space?

That's ridiculous, and if I were an employee of the team, I'd never let you back in. I don't see people going through your private space and then posting it all over the internet -- INCLUDING A PHOTO.

That's sick. Some things are just better left unsaid. And who the hell are you to judge anyone? Are you a perfect person?

The whole point of the weekend is for the fans to have access to these things & picture taking is encouraged. I can show you photos of the locker rooms for the past 7 years. The players know before hand that on this particular weekend fans will have this access. I just posted the picture to show that if it is a joke (which I highly doubt) that is was there. Dont think anyone is judging just pointing things out. If it were Mark Sanchez's locker & a picture of that list made its way to this site I would imagine the response would be different. Look , dont get in such an uproar , we are all Dolphin fans , however maybe some of us just dont have that god like opinion of these guys like some others do.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:16 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

To give a different perspective of you and grown men perspective of who you worship.

It was in the open. If Miller really needs a goal to not cheat, he's an idiot. Don't have a GF or have 1.

Who's judging? His dumba$$ posted his monthly goals in the open.

If you don't like it, don't reply.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:17 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Dont think anyone is judging just pointing things out.

I'll judge. Lamar Miller is an idiot to post something so stupid. It's common sense not to cheat, not a monthly goal. Is a daily goal of your to eat? No, it's natural. Get off his sack bro.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

I'm one of "them"? "Them" who? What are you trying to say? Are you making a racial assumption about me? Are you making a character assumption about me? What are you getting at? Because it sounds like you're calling me a dirtbag who cheats on his girlfriend or wife. I'm having a hard time figuring this out seeing as how neither one of us knows the other.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolfan91 wrote:
I agree from how its written it doesnt look that bad seems like he is motivated to get better.

I agree, it looks like the guy wants to be a better player, a hard worker, and a faithful boyfriend. Nothing wrong with that.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I'm one of "them"? "Them" who? What are you trying to say? Are you making a racial assumption about me? Are you making a character assumption about me? What are you getting at? Because it sounds like you're calling me a dirtbag who cheats on his girlfriend or wife. I'm having a hard time figuring this out seeing as how neither one of us knows the other.

Whoa where in the world did race come from? Now this is starting to get ridiculous imo.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Whoa where in the world did race come from? Now this is starting to get ridiculous imo.

I want to know what he means by "them". I'm not calling him a racist, I'm simply looking for clarification on his part. When you make vague comments out of context it's hard to judge what is being said. He needs to come out and say what he means.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Remaining faithful to my girlfriend is not something I'd have to write down on a sheet of paper and recite to myself in order to remember. That should be common sense. The funniest part about it is, that's just goals for one month. So does his dedication to her change on a month-to-month basis?

I wonder if she knows he has to put that down on a sheet of paper. That's embarrassing.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:38 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I simply meant that you are one of "them" meaning you think football players are Gods. Simple as that.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:01 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Remaining faithful to my girlfriend is not something I'd have to write down on a sheet of paper and recite to myself in order to remember. That should be common sense. The funniest part about it is, that's just goals for one month. So does his dedication to her change on a month-to-month basis?

I wonder if she knows he has to put that down on a sheet of paper. That's embarrassing.

:awe: Thank you. At least some of us get it.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Yeah well, no one on this board has babes throwing their panties at you everyday. Pretty easy to remain faithful if you're ugly as sin, poor as hell and drive a 1995 rusted out Chrysler K car.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Yeah well, no one on this board has babes throwing their panties at you everyday. Pretty easy to remain faithful if you're ugly as sin, poor as hell and drive a 1995 rusted out Chrysler K car.

:) :) :yay:

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:08 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Don't have a girlfriend then. Simple as that. Speak for yourself buddy. I was in the Airforce and have done and seen it all. I knew I couldn't ahve a girlfriend back in the day, but when I got married, that was it. I didn't need a reminder or a goal. It's funny seeing the different opinions regarding this subject. It's interesting and that's what the boards are abotu.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

Hey, I didn't give you permission to post personal stuff about me on here.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Makchell wrote:

Don't have a girlfriend then. Simple as that. Speak for yourself buddy. I was in the Airforce and have done and seen it all. I knew I couldn't ahve a girlfriend back in the day, but when I got married, that was it. I didn't need a reminder or a goal. It's funny seeing the different opinions regarding this subject. It's interesting and that's what the boards are abotu.

Mak - That was mostly a joke. I've been married 26 monogamous years. With that said, I wouldn't want the temptation that is offered to these young athletes on a daily basis.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:18 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Mak - That was mostly a joke. I've been married 26 monogamous years. With that said, I wouldn't want the temptation that is offered to these young athletes on a daily basis.

Yeah, i got that buddy.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:20 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Hey, I didn't give you permission to post personal stuff about me on here.

Man, I don't resemble that comment in any way.

:fart:

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:24 am
Profile WWW

Phin wrote:
Well the NFL like the NBA is a hard place for guys to stay faithful. Women throw themselves at these guys and we expect that they aren't going to be tempted? I mean its not like he said be faithful to his wife, it's his girlfriend (not that I'm saying cheating on your girlfriend is ok either). At any rate, were you guys expecting choir boys?

I agree with everything you said. Not sure why you would have a girlfriend as a 21 year old rookie on South Beach to be honest.

But I think people are just laughing at the fact that he has it up in his locker as a goal. Just kind of silly and plays to the stereotype.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
But I think people are just laughing at the fact that he has it up in his locker as a goal. Just kind of silly and plays to the stereotype.

That's exactly it, although I'd go further than to say it's silly. He sounds like a real moron, just my opinion. I know that sounds harsh, but what's next .... does he have to remind himself to wipe his own backside after taking a dump too? Is that piece of paper really going to be the thing that keeps him from messing around with some "strange"? I mean c'mon. LOL

Just out of curiosity, PR have you or any of the other Phinfever staff ever talked to the guy before? How does he come across?

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Just out of curiosity, PR have you or any of the other Phinfever staff ever talked to the guy before? How does he come across?

I haven't. I don't really interact with many players.....? lol

Going back to your point about Lamar, the dirt on him coming out of UM was that he was....uhhh....not the smartest guy in the world. He even supposedly failed all the whiteboard sessions at the combine.

Even just listening to him in interviews, he doesn't sound like the brightest guy. That said, those are never good indicators of much.

Whatever. It is what it is. This topic is getting way too much attention haha.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:57 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Just out of curiosity, PR have you or any of the other Phinfever staff ever talked to the guy before? How does he come across

No I haven't but I did talk to Jim Kiick Sat nightand seems pretty stand up. He feels the way most of us do about today's NFL. A bunch of whiny selfish players.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next