View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
 Dolphins, Tannehill 'embarrassed' by 37-3 loss to Titans 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Dolphins, Tannehill 'embarrassed' by 37-3 loss to Titans
Quote:
By Chris Perkins, Sun Sentinel

6:15 p.m. EST, November 11, 2012
MIAMI GARDENS –—

Rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill said he was "embarrassed" by the Miami Dolphins' 37-3 loss at Tennessee on Sunday at Sun Life Stadium.

He wasn't alone.

Teammates used the same word to describe the Dolphins' worst regular season loss since a 41-0 beating at Indianapolis in 1997.

"I didn't play well," Tannehill said. "We didn't play well as a team."

"It just wasn't meant to be," Tannehill said.

The Dolphins were badly beaten on both lines of scrimmage.

Defensively, the Dolphins allowed Johnson 126 yards rushing. That ended Miami's streak of 22 consecutive games without allowing a 100-yard rusher.

Special teams, so good at making game-changing plays this season, was also at a loss to do anything positive. It was a total Dolphins meltdown.

"I didn't really see signs of this coming," Dolphins coach Joe Philbin said.

Neither did Tannehill, who hardly threw any passes downfield.

"They did a good job taking away the deeper throws by the coverages they were playing, so we were kind of having to dink and dunk all the way down the field," Tannehill said. "But we didn't make it work."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins, Tannehill 'embarrassed' by 37-3 loss to Titans
"I didn't really see signs of this coming," Dolphins coach Joe Philbin said.

Who would have? We were the favorite going in, we've been competitive almost every single week this season, and we were playing a team that was struggling. Nobody saw this coming no matter what they say. They might have thought we could have lost the game, but not this way. When your quarterback hasn't thrown a pick in a month and suddenly he throws three. When your defense that hasn't given up 100 rushing yards in 22 straight games, then CJ3 gets over 120. When your top notch special teams constantly gets penalized. Today was exactly the opposite of the football team we've seen the past seven games following the Houston game. Today we looked like we did the first week of the year, strike that, we looked worse than we did the first game of the year. This was hands down one of the most embarrassing games I've seen in recent memory. They had better get this crap figured out, and quick. Buffalo is in five days.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:42 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

He should be embarassed. This POS threw three picks, including a pick six.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:53 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Man , this team got rolled by a Jake Locker led team from the get go. Two picks on 3rd & 1 tells me to question the confidence in the running game plus allowing the Titans to conduct a 9 minute drive at the start of the 3rd quarter has me wondering what was said during halftime & why it had a negative effect rather than a positive one.
Why would you bench a veteran like Bush for a early fumble especially when playing catch up while he is about your only play maker on offense. Penalties were also ill timed as well as poor punting in the first half by our team MVP. The Titans first 21 were a result of a fumble , bad punt & a pick six. This whole game was just baffling. I am aware that every team just about stinks up the field at least once during a season but at home against a team that had the worst point differential in the league is mind blowing. Hopefully short memories will prevail & we can win on Thursday but to lose like this to a team like that is a tough one to swallow.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:19 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

TommyNoleFin wrote:

I didn't think he threw poorly. One of his picks was batted into the air when Fasano was just staring at him waiting for him to advance. He was hounded all game long. Calling him a POS shows a lot of class on your part.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:47 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Wow, a POS.....really???

Tannehill like Dave said was under tremendous pressure all game long and let's face it, the entire team laid an egg. As frustrated as I was watching this unfold yesterday, I certainly believe this team still needs more pieces to the puzzle in order to compete into the playoffs, however, on any given Sunday, we all know if a team makes mistakes, anyone can win the game. Miami has been shooting themselves in their own foot during all their losses this season and you just cannot win that way. Tennessee beat us up yesterday and outplayed Miami in every facet of the game and sometimes as hard as it is, you just have to give the other team credit for pouncing and wanting this game more than the fins did.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Calling him a POS shows a lot of class on your part.

For sure. I blame coaching, teams are picking up the short slant BS that the coaches keep calling. 3rd and 1 power it up the gut.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:39 am

Makchell wrote:

For sure. I blame coaching, teams are picking up the short slant BS that the coaches keep calling. 3rd and 1 power it up the gut.

They did on their first drive and failed.

They're so limited in what they can do right now it's ridiculous. That quote by Tannehill about dinking and dunking down the field says it all. This offense has to be perfect in order to score points. That can't win consistently.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:53 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

A fullback dive up the gut? How about a a big I formation and give it to the RB.

They're so limited in what they can do right now it's ridiculous. That quote by Tannehill about dinking and dunking down the field says it all. This offense has to be perfect in order to score points. That can't win consistently.

So bench Reggie Bush, our "only" playmaker on offense. Tanny is wrong, I was at the game and Gaffney was open when he had 1 on 1 coverage, instead Tanny went to Hartline in double coverage.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:08 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'm embarrassed too Tanny. Embarrassed for you, for me.. for the dolphins for everyone on this message board.

We are all embarrassed.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 am

Makchell wrote:

A fullback dive up the gut? How about a a big I formation and give it to the RB.

So bench Reggie Bush, our "only" playmaker on offense. Tanny is wrong, I was at the game and Gaffney was open when he had 1 on 1 coverage, instead Tanny went to Hartline in double coverage.

Benching Reggie was STUPID. What he did with Richie was fine...take him out for a series, and put him back in. But to do that to Bush, and for that long was ridiculous.

Mak, that's one play you can recall. That's the problem. This team is built to set up that 1 play a game. You can't score points that way.

Even when the offense was really clicking the last few weeks, they were scoring 17, 20, 21 points....that's mediocre and it's not good enough.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Mak, that's one play you can recall. That's the problem. This team is built to set up that 1 play a game. You can't score points that way.

They played there base D a lot. The safety rolled coverage to Hartline and when they lined up Bush in the slot. Bess had 1 on 1 and so did Gafney on more than 1 occasion. I remember saying to my brother and Mitch (FINesse) "watch the 1 on 1 and count how much time Tanny has. He didn't read the D and he threw right into coverage. They were on him, sorr, I like RT, but he nneds to improve or in 2 years from now we will be looking at another 1st rd QB pick.

Even when the offense was really clicking the last few weeks, they were scoring 17, 20, 21 points....that's mediocre and it's not good enough.

I agree 100%

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Yes this was an embarrassing loss. But when you turn the ball over 4 times this is what happens. A loss like this isn't the end of the world either. Maybe more like a reality check. Some folks on this forum were thinking playoffs. IMO Miami has played much better than I expected them to going into the beginning of the season. But. this team is still a mediocre team that needs to improve in many areas. The running game has struggled for the last 3 to 4 games. And its easy to forget Tannehill is a rookie QB that was starting his 9th NFL game. While Miami's defense has been tough against the run the secondary can still be torched. Opponents have designed defensive plans to stuff Miami's running game and make Tannehill beat them through the air without a deep threat. Lets see how they rebound against the Bills. If Miami can win 3 or 4 more games this year I will personally consider this a great season. Especially for a team with a first year head coach, new offensive coordinator and a rookie QB.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:53 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

bobby0112 wrote:
Yes this was an embarrassing loss. But when you turn the ball over 4 times this is what happens. A loss like this isn't the end of the world either. Maybe more like a reality check. Some folks on this forum were thinking playoffs. IMO Miami has played much better than I expected them to going into the beginning of the season. But. this team is still a mediocre team that needs to improve in many areas. The running game has struggled for the last 3 to 4 games. And its easy to forget Tannehill is a rookie QB that was starting his 9th NFL game. While Miami's defense has been tough against the run the secondary can still be torched. Opponents have designed defensive plans to stuff Miami's running game and make Tannehill beat them through the air without a deep threat. Lets see how they rebound against the Bills. If Miami can win 3 or 4 more games this year I will personally consider this a great season. Especially for a team with a first year head coach, new offensive coordinator and a rookie QB.

Good points Bobby..........Philbin will have a lot of cap space and draft picks to mold next year's team. We have 7 games left, 4 against top opponents........ if this team goes 2-7 or worse in their final nine, I'm not sure Ireland, Coyle or Sherman will be there.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:11 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Makchell wrote:

:awe:
Teams have film. Miami doesn't attack teams deep so the back guys have no threat of a deep ball. The one game we did...Matt Moore was the QB. RT has 5 TDs in 9 games. only 1 QB with less and he's only started 4 games. Take off the training wheels before you ruin him.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:26 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

bobby0112 wrote:

Yeap...expect nothing and you get what you expect. Welcome to the land of low expectations. We've been there for 12 long years.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Not low expectations just realistic. To go from the land of lack to the land of plenty you have to go through the land of even. 8-8 would be a realistic expectation. And for the record I expected no more than a 5-11 season this year after watching the preseason games and Hard Knocks.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:00 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

You're right JUnkie, not one deep throw yesterday. Not even an attempt.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

18. 1-10-MIA 15 (9:27) 17-R.Tannehill pass incomplete deep left to 10-J.Gaffney.
30. 1-10-MIA 20 (6:49) (Shotgun) 17-R.Tannehill pass incomplete deep middle to 15-D.Bess. PENALTY on TEN-24-C.Sensabaugh, Defensive Pass Interference, 19 yards, enforced at MIA 20 - No Play.
11. 1-10-TEN 44 (12:46) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 17-R.Tannehill pass incomplete deep right to 82-B.Hartline.
13. 3-2-TEN 36 (12:09) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 17-R.Tannehill pass deep left to 15-D.Bess to TEN 19 for 17 yards (33-M.Griffin).
14. 1-10-TEN 19 (11:35) (Shotgun) 17-R.Tannehill pass incomplete deep right to 82-B.Hartline (30-J.McCourty).

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:11 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

18. 1-10-MIA 15 (9:27) 17-R.Tannehill pass incomplete deep left to 10-J.Gaffney.
30. 1-10-MIA 20 (6:49) (Shotgun) 17-R.Tannehill pass incomplete deep middle to 15-D.Bess. PENALTY on TEN-24-C.Sensabaugh, Defensive Pass Interference, 19 yards, enforced at MIA 20 - No Play.
11. 1-10-TEN 44 (12:46) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 17-R.Tannehill pass incomplete deep right to 82-B.Hartline.
13. 3-2-TEN 36 (12:09) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 17-R.Tannehill pass deep left to 15-D.Bess to TEN 19 for 17 yards (33-M.Griffin).
14. 1-10-TEN 19 (11:35) (Shotgun) 17-R.Tannehill pass incomplete deep right to 82-B.Hartline (30-J.McCourty).

19yds and 17yds on the two where we can identify the yardage....those are medium range passes at best.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:20 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

19yds and 17yds on the two where we can identify the yardage....those are medium range passes at best.

NFL.com considers them deep.

I'll go with NFL.com's definition.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:24 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:

LOL.

I think what some of the fans want to see is a bomb. I don't think the OL gives Tannehill the time to throw the bomb, but until we do they won't respect it.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Rich wrote:

I'll go with NFL.com's definition

NFL.com is ran by a girl

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:07 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Big Dave wrote:
Rich wrote:

LOL.

I think what some of the fans want to see is a bomb. I don't think the OL gives Tannehill the time to throw the bomb, but until we do they won't respect it.

I just want to see some attacking going on downfield. Quit coddling RT. If he needs to buy time...he needs to learn to do that. Luck was under duress most of the game and managed enough big plays to win. Without RT stepping up and making a few big plays this team is done.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:08 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Hey go with NFL.com.....I saw not one "deep" ball and I was there.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
According to the official game books from the last two weeks, only nine of Tannehill’s 78 pass attempts were considered “deep.” According to the website Pro Football Focus, only five of the attempts actually traveled more than 19 yards in the air, and he completed only one for 35 yards. On Sunday, Tannehill’s longest completion was 17 yards.

On the season, Tannehill is tied for 18th among quarterbacks with three passes of 40-plus yards, and tied for 23rd with 22 passes of 20-plus yards.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sport ... tio/nS47Y/

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:57 pm
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

TommyNoleFin wrote:

POS???? really? Miami fans are embarassing.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Makchell wrote:

yup! we bring a knife to a gun fight every week.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What's interesting is how little they actually blitzed.

Quote:
And for the most part, they played it safe. The Titans blitzed on just 10 of the Dolphins’ 40 pass plays, a sign that they were content to sit back and wait for a mistake.

The strategy worked. All three of Tannehill’s interceptions came when he faced no pressure, according to Pro Football Focus. And the Dolphins attempted just three passes of 20 yards or more, none of which were completed. That’s a turnaround from earlier in the season, when Tannehill was one of the league’s most efficient deep passers.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/13/3 ... rylink=cpy

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:34 am

Rock Sexton wrote:

Quote:
And for the most part, they played it safe. The Titans blitzed on just 10 of the Dolphins’ 40 pass plays, a sign that they were content to sit back and wait for a mistake.

The strategy worked. All three of Tannehill’s interceptions came when he faced no pressure, according to Pro Football Focus. And the Dolphins attempted just three passes of 20 yards or more, none of which were completed. That’s a turnaround from earlier in the season, when Tannehill was one of the league’s most efficient deep passers.

It was about time somebody did that. Our receivers can't get open if you play coverage and Tannehill eats up the blitz.

I think it's safe to say we'll expect the same from here on out.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly

"I was talking to my 83 year old mom and she wanted to know if the players are angry at themselves. Hopefully we all are," Philbin said.

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Joe Philbin's message to the team after the game: "We all have to accept responsibility:"

"We all have to accept responsibility for the performance today. It's not one person's fault. It's a team loss. We win as a team, we lose as a team. A team consists of players and coaches. It's not a finger-pointing game, but obviously we need to do better. It starts with me."

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=BenVolinPBP

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
I asked Tannehill why he hasn't scrambled more recently. "I'm just starting to get back to healthy, back to 100%"

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=BenVolinPBP

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Quote:

It was about time somebody did that. Our receivers can't get open if you play coverage and Tannehill eats up the blitz.

I think it's safe to say we'll expect the same from here on out.

Tannehill is the most accurate passer in the NFL when throwing the deep ball, I think he has a 127 quarterback rating on passes over 20 yards. I fully expect the Bills to leave their safeties high all day long and prevent anything over the top. While Hartline and Bess are solid possession guys, they can be contained if jammed/re-routed at the line with a safety high to protect over the top. Teams know this now. The only way we can stretch the field is if we can effectively use play action. In order to do that we need to run the ball.

Bottom line, our running game is going to have to come back big time if we want to have a shot to win more games. Our passing game is only as good as our running game allows it to be. If Tannehill doesn't get support from the o-line and runningbacks, we're screwed. We can't continue to abandon the run like we have the past two weeks. We have to get the running game back on track. We can't afford to be one dimensional anymore.

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Miami can win this game if the RB's don't fumble and Ryan Tannehill doesn't play giveaway. 2 of 3 INTs last week were because he was lasered onto his target well before getting rid of it.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]