View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Dolphins 8th Seed in AFC 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Dolphins 8th Seed in AFC
I am still mad about losing to the Colts. It bumped us all the way out of the playoffs and handedly.
We are the 8th seed now on the outside looking in. Steelers, Colts, Broncos, and Patriots are in right now. I don't see that changing to much. The Chargers are also ahead of us for a spot at 7th seed. A lot of football left to play but Miami left a lot on the field. Could prove to be to much of a hole to get back to at least a six seed. Our remaining schedule is pretty harsh compare to the Colt's and Denver's.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins 8th Seed in AFC
We still control our own destiny. Five out of our last eight games are at home. We're 2-1 at home this season so far. If it wasn't for a pair of missed fieldgoals I think we'd be 3-0 at home right now. Tannehill statistically speaking is a better quarterback at home. He has an 82.0 quarterback rating and has thrown three touchdowns to one interception, with one extra rushing touchdown at home.

I think this not only is a game we should win, I think it's a game we must win if we want to have a shot at the playoffs. I think one week from now we'll know exactly where this team stands. We've got Tennesse and Buffalo in a five day stretch. If we can manage to win both games, I think we put ourselves right back on track for the playoffs. Like I said, we still control our own destiny, there is a lot of football left.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

If the offensive line issues dont get fixed, they're .500 at best.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
If the offensive line issues dont get fixed, they're .500 at best.

Even if we manage to get the offensive line issues fixed, we're still probably going to hover around .500 at the end of the season. We've got five of our next eight games at home, so that is a plus. But we also play the 49ers once and the Patriots twice in that span. 9-7 is a very realistic goal for us considering those facts. But 8-8 is a fairly good guess where we'll finish as well. Who knows? Maybe 9-7 will be enough to sneak us into the playoffs. Or maybe we'll get luck and go on a run and finish 10-6? It's all up in the air right now. But the facts remain, we've got to win these next two games to have a shot at doing anything. You've got to win the games your supposed to win.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:07 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

In my eyes, the Jets the first time along with the Colts were games we were supposed to win.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Haha wrote:
In my eyes, the Jets the first time along with the Colts were games we were supposed to win.

We were technically underdogs in the first Jets game, but I get what you're saying. We should have won. We had the lead late, and we shot ourselves in the foot and couldn't close the game out when we needed to. Same thing with the Arizona game. We were underdogs but we had every opportunity to close that one out and didn't. The Colts game was a tough loss because of the way we lost. Our secondary was completely destroyed and despite a steady game from Tannehill, we couldn't get points late when we needed to.

Hopefully these heartbreakers turn into thrilling wins in the second half. We legitimately could have been 6-2 in the first half, or even 7-1 depending on your perspective. That said, our second half looks a little tougher, however, five out of eight games are at home. If we simply win all of our home games we've got a shot at a wildcard. Hopefully we can find ways to win these close games down the stretch.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]