View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Reggie Bush playing less snaps than Thomas 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Reggie Bush
Anyone else wondering why he is sitting on the sideline for more than half the game?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Reggie Bush
It is because he is playing hurt. Great run for the TD yesterday, but I think injury issues are the reason he sits so much these days.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:32 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
It is because he is playing hurt. Great run for the TD yesterday, but I think injury issues are the reason he sits so much these days.

It better be. Its so frustrating to wonder why our most dangerous player isn't getting the ball constantly. In fact DT was having an effective game too. Both he & Reggie had 2 receptions each for 25 yards. Thats amazing!

Reggie has become the speed bump for me fully buying into this new coaching regime. You have to plan with the talent that you have & Sunday they put the game on our rookie QB. It will be a shame & a waste when Reggie walks at the end of this season, just because our team doesn't know how to adjust the offense effectively.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:59 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000089679/WK-9-Can-t-Miss-Play-Reggie-s-ridiculous-run

So nice! Tell me I wasn't the only Phinfever member screaming on this one

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There is a great reason why Bush is sitting so much. It's because teams are putting eight guys in the box and shutting down the rushing lanes. They're rushing five or more of those guys which causes us to use our tightends and runningbacks as blockers. Most of the game we've only got two guys running routes. We can't spread teams out and properly use Bush because we need him to block. Since Thomas and Lane are bigger better blockers, we've been using them more to help protect Tannehill. If our front five were capable of doing a better job protecting Tannehill, then I think we'd see a lot more of Bush, and a lot more of the rest of our receivers.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

wkloiber13 wrote:
There is a great reason why Bush is sitting so much. It's because teams are putting eight guys in the box and shutting down the rushing lanes. They're rushing five or more of those guys which causes us to use our tightends and runningbacks as blockers. Most of the game we've only got two guys running routes. We can't spread teams out and properly use Bush because we need him to block. Since Thomas and Lane are bigger better blockers, we've been using them more to help protect Tannehill. If our front five were capable of doing a better job protecting Tannehill, then I think we'd see a lot more of Bush, and a lot more of the rest of our receivers.

Good assessment. The lack of a real threat in the receiving game is also a reason. Hartline. And Bess have both done well, but lets face it, they don't scare the defense or command a double team.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:15 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Two words....SCREEN PASS!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

I'll add to that.......line him up at WR.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Good assessment. The lack of a real threat in the receiving game is also a reason. Hartline. And Bess have both done well, but lets face it, they don't scare the defense or command a double team.

That too plays a factor. Teams know that they can cover Bess and Hartline with two corners and a safety high. All they need to do is jam them at the line and keep that safety over the top in case they get loose.

I know people will say that we need to run a screen pass to Bush. Well, since the other team will already have eight in the box, all they will need to do is assign one linebacker to shadow Bush. If they smell a screen, they simply break on the ball and blow up the play. That is why we've been ineffective at running screens this year. Teams are shadowing our runningbacks.

The only time I've seen our offense be truly effective is when we run four routes (ie. Bess, Hartline, Bush, and Fasano all run a route, Lane blocks). In that scenario we move the ball very well. But unfortunately the protection for Tannehill is poor when we do that. By spreading our opponents out, we leave Tannehill at risk because or line is insufficient right now.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:41 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

As good as he was on that one run he missed a total home run to the outside on one play. I replayed it 3 times.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:37 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

shularino wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I'll add to that.......line him up at WR.

Both of these things... lack of protection is no excuse not to have your greatest offensive weapon on the field.

Great coaches find ways to get those players in there consistently... right now Bush's lack of snaps is beyond frustrating.

That run for the TD was absolutely beautiful... that's why he needs to be out there... you never know when he'll strike.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Reggie Bush playing less snaps than Thomas
Our biggest offensive playmaker riding the bench. It makes perfect sense to me.

Quote:
Reggie Bush playing less snaps than Thomas

Reggie Bush played less snaps than Daniel Thomas for the second straight game in Week 9.

The usage here continues to be confusing. Thomas is even playing more on passing plays, which makes no sense considering the player's skills sets. Over the last two weeks, Bush is averaging 13.5 touches while Thomas is at 12.0. The timeshare limits Bush to flex status.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:47 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Reggie Bush playing less snaps than Thomas
I believe this is due to the fact that our offensive line is sucking it up and we need the better blocker in there.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Reggie Bush playing less snaps than Thomas
Phin wrote:
I believe this is due to the fact that our offensive line is sucking it up and we need the better blocker in there.

Bingo.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]