Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 pm 
Offline
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
Wait a minute ... ok I shook my screen and my computer and what Phins Rock wrote still makes sense. Something funny going on here. ; ) Period.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
AQNOR wrote:
Wait a minute ... ok I shook my screen and my computer and what Phins Rock wrote still makes sense. Something funny going on here. ; ) Period.


I have my moments. :ann0y:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:51 pm 
Offline
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
Indeed you do. I was thinking that broken clock thing to start with but I had to dismiss it because you were making to much sense. Of course with the time change ...


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:03 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
AQNOR wrote:
Indeed you do. I was thinking that broken clock thing to start with but I had to dismiss it because you were making to much sense. Of course with the time change ...

:)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:04 pm 
Offline
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1680
Location: Charlotte, NC
[ uote="Phins Rock"] I'll be willing to put A LOT of money on him being one of the first guys to re-sign in February.[/quote]

PhinsRock, leave your bets to Vegas. Listen........Smith is not one of their guys, QB's aren't afraid to throw in his direction, because he wont intercept and he's a poor tackler. Philbin and Coyle are going to pressure Ireland to find a better option.

Some team will give him a decent contract that we'll know better than to match.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:05 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
shularino wrote:
[ uote="Phins Rock"] I'll be willing to put A LOT of money on him being one of the first guys to re-sign in February.


PhinsRock, leave your bets to Vegas. Listen........Smith is not one of their guys, QB's aren't afraid to throw in his direction, because he wont intercept and he's a poor tackler. Philbin and Coyle are going to pressure Ireland to find a better option.

Some team will give him a decent contract that we'll know better than to match.[/quote]

He's Ireland's guy. Ireland is in charge of personnel. It's his call.

Smith isn't going to get unreasonable money from anybody, and Miami has a large amount of cap room with an increasing cap the following season looming. No reason to let him walk and create another hole.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24686
Location: Miami, FL
shularino wrote:
If you're a coaching staff, what are you suppossed to do?


Give him an opportunity to bounce back next week.

If Tannehill had a bad game, would you bench him after one game?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:25 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Rich wrote:
shularino wrote:
If you're a coaching staff, what are you suppossed to do?


Give him an opportunity to bounce back next week.

If Tannehill had a bad game, would you bench him after one game?


Sean has been, by far, our best, most consistent corner.

Nobody will be harder on him for yesterday than me....but the over reaction today is absurd.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:39 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9418
Location: Fargo, ND
Rich wrote:
shularino wrote:
If you're a coaching staff, what are you suppossed to do?


Give him an opportunity to bounce back next week.

If Tannehill had a bad game, would you bench him after one game?

Tanny is a rook. Sean is in his 4(th?) season. There's a difference.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 pm 
Offline
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1680
Location: Charlotte, NC
Smith is not progressing, he's a poor tackler and does not make big plays. The Packers had 24 ints in 2010 and 31 ints in 2011. Philbin is accustomed to his Defense creating opportunties for the Offense.............thus he's looking for players with that ability.

I'll give Smith credit............he's generally provides good one on one coverage...........but you can't depend on him to make an open field tackle or bring in an interception. So what does a good organziation do................sign him to another long-term contract and play around his liabilities OR get another CB with more potential. I go for the later.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
shularino wrote:
Smith is not progressing, he's a poor tackler and does not make big plays. The Packers had 24 ints in 2010 and 31 ints in 2011. Philbin is accustomed to his Defense creating opportunties for the Offense.............thus he's looking for players with that ability.

I'll give Smith credit............he's generally provides good one on one coverage...........but you can't depend on him to make an open field tackle or bring in an interception. So what does a good organziation do................sign him to another long-term contract and play around his liabilities OR get another CB with more potential. I go for the later.


You act as this is a one or the other proposition...

Like I said. They need to get a number 1 corner. But that doesn't involve letting Smith go.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:23 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24686
Location: Miami, FL
Phin wrote:
Tanny is a rook. Sean is in his 4(th?) season. There's a difference.


Yes, there is a difference in experience, but that doesn't negate the argument. You don't bench a player because of one bad game when he had some good games against some elite receivers earlier this year.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:29 pm 
Offline
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1680
Location: Charlotte, NC
PhinsRock, longterm I don't think he's a good choice as our No. 2 Corner either. Obviously, he and his agent will think he's a Starting Corner and there will be teams intersted in him as a Starter. For the points I listed previously, I don't think the Dolphins will be one of them.

You may disagree and that's cool, but I don't think he has the toughness, dependability or big play capability that Philbin and Coyle are looking for. We're better off going in a different direction.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:32 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6676
You don't bench Smith...you keep him in man


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:33 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8210
I love the talk of benching Smith...imagine how bad the secondary will be without Smith. Really guys, come on with this nonsense.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Smith doesn't need to be benched. But why they continue to use him in off coverage is beyond me.

I don't care if it's obvious what he's going to do. Have him play press exclusively. He's a good press cover corner. He's a below average off coverage, or zone CB.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:49 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6676
Looking at the play where he gave up the TD they were trying to run a rub play where the guy picks him. He played it perfectly until he got caught looking into the backfield while the WR was already making his inside cut. Just a poor play. A bigger question is why was Jimmy oWilson on Wayne on at least 3 occasions?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 am 
Offline
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6468
Rich wrote:

Yes, there is a difference in experience, but that doesn't negate the argument. You don't bench a player because of one bad game when he had some good games against some elite receivers earlier this year.

Would not even consider benching him. He has played very well until this past week. Yes he stunk it up royally but tell me one player that never has a bad game, especially a CB?


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-05:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: