View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Holding or not??? 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Holding or not???
The conspiracy theorist in me keeps looking at these holding calls, or non holding calls. It sure seemed that every time Wake or Odrick beat their man, they were literally clotheslined by the O lineman. It has been well publicized that Pagano was going to be at the game, and winning one for cancer patient sure would make a nice Hollywood script. Then to top it off we get a great punt return from Thigpen only to have it called back for "holding". Sorry refs, there was NO hold on that play, I watched the replay several times.

I think the refs were told to "win one for Pagano".

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Holding or not???
I second this. When I mentioned that the refs cost us the game I was almost burned at the steak. There was holding call on that return but there was certainly no hold, even the announcers agreed. Then, like you said there was massive holding penalties not called on the Colts. That's the beauty of being at home. Miami played poorly but their opportunity at the end to win was stolen from them by the Refs.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Yup. Wake has been mugged all year long and it isn't called. Then some NON hold costs us excellent field position.

I call fix. And I want to be the first one to say BRING BACK THE REPLACEMENT REFS. They were actually better because they had an excuse to suck.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
I was almost burned at the steak.
Were you well done or just medium rare? Look, this has been a problem with Miami forever. They get in these games and can't overcome the refs. In 2008 they found a way to win despite some bad calls. When they face the Patriots, Kraft is the new Don Shula..he owns the refs. The reason the Patriots were losing early is because the replacement refs call it like they see it (before someone burns me at the stake, sometimes those guys didn't see it right). The Patriots were nailed for holding on almost every play. Now with the hear no, see no evil group....the Patriots are again scoring 45 pionts a game. As long as Brady can stand back there unmolested...he'll torch any secondary. Last year they held Wake on every play. One time the guy horse collared him, jumped on his back and rode him to the ground.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree, the Colt player pulled the Dolphins player down onto him. It wasn't an illegal hold. Very bad call. Not only that, but I also agree that Wake was getting held several times in that game. I was frantically screaming "HOLDING!!!" at the tv almost the entire game. There would be times where it was clear as day the offensive lineman was holding Wake by the arm and spinning him away from Luck. But at the end of the day these are simply excuses. We had every chance in the world to win that game. If our defense tackles better, the Colts probably wouldn't have mustered even 20 points. Had the offense moved the ball better in the 2nd half, maybe we would have scored 17 more points. No matter how you look at it, we lost, and we're 4-4. You can make excuses all you want, but you are what your record says you are, and we're 4-4. We're not a very good football team yet, we're middle of the pack trying to claw our way to the top.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Post Holding ....
Someone posted earlier. Here is just two screen grabs...no pun intended. Its important to know that on this first one, first play from scrimmage, Wake was completely by the RT when he reached out and spun him in a different direction. I was only through the first half and saw two blatant misses by the refs. The fix? Your call but they were definitely letting Indy get away with mugging Wake.

In fairness to the refs on this 2nd shot...one is shielded from view by Wake and the other Luck but Pollard had a fist full of Jersey and in realtime motion it was more than evident.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:07 am

Okay to get a flavor on this. It was the opening play. Wake beat the RT, was past him. The RT reached out, grabbed him and spun him around in a different direction. Not just holding...blatant. This play would've at worst been a sack. So instead...Colts got an 18yd gain. At some point you really just wonder how they missed it. Were they told to miss a few? They had to see it. In realtime it is ridiculous to watch. The NFL has been tarnished for years for picking their winners and losers. Plays like this give fans of the losers on these things a vote of no-confidence in the NFL. As bad as the replacement refs were...they never missed something this evident.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:24 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:

Okay to get a flavor on this. It was the opening play. Wake beat the RT, was past him. The RT reached out, grabbed him and spun him around in a different direction. Not just holding...blatant. This play would've at worst been a sack. So instead...Colts got an 18yd gain. At some point you really just wonder how they missed it. Were they told to miss a few? They had to see it. In realtime it is ridiculous to watch. The NFL has been tarnished for years for picking their winners and losers. Plays like this give fans of the losers on these things a vote of no-confidence in the NFL. As bad as the replacement refs were...they never missed something this evident.

That wasn't the only time Wake was held on 3rd and long. Wake probably should have had at least two to three more sacks on Luck in that game. Had that happened, the Colts would have probably punted three more times. If that happens, perhaps we win. Bottom line, the Colts kept Luck pretty clean, something most teams haven't been able to do against us.

All the while this was an emotional game that the media was hyping up because Heach Coach Chuck Pagano was at the game. His battle with Lukemia and the Colts current winning streak has made them the sweethearts of the NFL this season. Is it a conspiracy that the refs missed all of those calls??? Maybe. But at the end of the day, despite all the things going against us, we still had a chance to win. But we didn't.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]