View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Dolphins' secondary shoulders blame for Luck's fortune 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Dolphins' secondary shoulders blame for Luck's fortune
Quote:
By Omar Kelly, Sun Sentinel

7:37 p.m. EST, November 4, 2012
INDIANAPOLIS –—

There comes a point in a young player's career where the excuses stop.

Accountability replaces accusations, and acceptance subs in for assigning blame. That surprisingly happened for the Dolphins on Sunday when the unit that needed to grow up the most took their beating like a man.

"We have to be accountable for what happened out there as a group," said safety Chris Clemons, who let Colts receiver Donnie Avery get behind him on a 48-yard catch. "That can't happen again."

"He did what the first pick in the draft is supposed to do," Colts receiver Reggie Wayne said. "He's Andrew Luck."

The element of surprise came from the level of ownership the Dolphins' young and once immature secondary took for Sunday's loss.

Each contributing defensive back and safety individually raised their hand, point to themselves and took the bullet for allowing Luck to shred them.

"We got to admit, we gave him everything," nickel cornerback Jimmy Wilson said, referring to the way Miami defended Luck, who completed 30-of-48 passes. "We gave him some zone. Some man [coverage], blitzes."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9840.story

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins' secondary shoulders blame for Luck's fortune
I really hope Wilson is simply being humble, because if we threw everything we had at them and still got burned like that, that is bad news. Teams are going to turn on that film and try to do to us exactly what Luck did to us today. They know running the ball is a waste of time. They're going to throw it fifty times and hope they can rack up 300-400 yards worth of offense. The question moving forward is can our secondary take advantage of the opportunities given to them? Luck made some very questionable throws in that game. There was more than two plays that likely should have been picked off, yet our defenders couldn't come up with the ball for whatever reason. Call it luck, call it whatever you want, it was simply dissapointing.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Sure the secondary had a pathetic game but its not all their fault. A lot of the blame is mine. I wore a new combination on Miami Dolphins polo shirt & Miami Marlins hat during the entire game. & although I tried wearing the hat backwards & frontwards on defense, nothing changed. So its pretty obvious what I wore was jinxed & I cost our team the game. All I wore last week was a Dolphins Tshirt & no hat & it worked wonderfully. I'll go back to that vs the Titans.
Sorry guys. It won't happen again

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:03 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Tired of reading about Miami players talking about how they can't let this & that happen & how they need to make the play. Zach & JT always talked about how the play didn't get made.

Make the dang play & stop talking about how the play needs to be made. This has been a continuous issue for Miami. They can't make the critical plays to win a close game.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:35 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Our secondary has no ball hawks. We can't get turn overs when we force them simply because we cant jump on the ball or catch it. We need some playmakers back there.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]