View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Bryant: "I ain't never got in trouble with nobody" 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Bryant: "I ain't never got in trouble with nobody"
Quote:
By JEFF LATZKE

AP Sports Writer

EDITOR’S NOTE—This is the second installment of a periodic diary-style story from Dez Bryant that will move in the weeks leading up to the April 22 draft.

Dez Bryant is fed up. With less than a month to go before his football fate will be decided in the NFL draft, Bryant has faced a barrage of criticism from all angles.

The latest round came after his workout for NFL scouts Tuesday, his first chance to show whether he’s kept in shape after having his final college season cut short by an NCAA suspension.

Bryant had already endured questions about his integrity, stemming from the fact that he lied to an NCAA investigator about his interaction with former NFL player Deion Sanders in the offseason between his sophomore and junior seasons at Oklahoma State.

He had dealt with questions about his background, being raised by a young mother in Texas.

He had faced rumors that he skipped meetings, classes and was even late for games while at OSU.

And then, of all things, his pro day was spoiled by banter that he’d forgotten to bring the cleats he planned to wear for the workout.

“I’m not the type of person that will try to confront somebody but now I feel like it’s gone too far. It’s gone too far,” Bryant said in an interview with The Associated Press. “I ain’t never got in trouble with nobody. I never said anything. I don’t say anything wrong to nobody. I’m friendly. This here is too far.

“What do this got to do with me playing football? Even if I did forget my cleats, what do that have to do with me playing football? I don’t think it has anything to do with me playing football.”

rest of the article:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:50 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Bryant: "I ain't never got in trouble with nobody"
To me, that lowered his stock even further. The complaints are about his maturity, so than he goes off ans whines about it??

Geez...

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Nice english...

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:40 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
Nice english...

It's a triple negative...so in the end, I think he said what he meant to say..?

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:10 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Iowafin, you can offer your services as a tutor, get paid and make the world a better place.... :grin:

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
Iowafin, you can offer your services as a tutor, get paid and make the world a better place.... :grin:

:yay:

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:20 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I don't see how this lowers his stock at all. He is upset because he is getting jacked up by the media, yet has done nothing wrong to anyone but himself. He is upset and probably has been for some time, but was remaining quiet as I'm sure he was advised to do.

He has shown that he is human and once he reached his boiling point he needed to vent a little. Everyone already knows the kid is not a finished product and that there may be some maturity issues to deal with for his first few seasons. The fact that he remained quiet for so long is probably more to his benefit.

my 2 bits.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:33 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Im pretty sure he isnt the only kid out there who said something like this have u heard some of these guys give interviews :hithead: some sound like they didnt even bother going to some of there english classes in highschool lol

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:18 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

The Tuna has long enjoyed being a mentored to guys like this. He doesn't have legal problems. Just personal ones. He hasn't been arrested or beat his wife. I think SIP definitely give the kid some consideration.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]