View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Salguero: Dolphins view Colts as a team to worry about 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Salguero: Dolphins view Colts as a team to worry about
Quote:
Even as preparations go forward and little seems different with the Dolphins on the surface, there is legitimate worry in the halls of the team's Davie, Fl. training facility. Joe Philbin, the personification of an even keeled sort, has seemed a bit tight this week, according to a couple of players I've spoken to privately.

"Not just [Philbin] but I think everybody," one player kidded. "The F-bomb count in practice has been a little higher than normal this week."

Philbin's shown some concern this week in that he asked players to do more than the usual amount of preparation for this game. That from a guy who wants his players doing a ton of preparation for every game anyway.

"Our focus is going to be, again, this is what we call an uncommon opponent because we don’t play these guys a lot," Philbin said. "They’re new. I’m sure we present some of the same challenges to them obviously, but we kind of appealed to the players that we have to spend some extra time in preparation. It’s not like the Jets who we knew relatively well. We go against those guys all the time, but it’s a different week and we have to be prepared for it."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:40 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: Salguero: Dolphins view Colts as a team to worry about
I would worry about this Colts team. They are 4-3, same as we are. They have an up and coming rookie QB that is sure to be a star in this league. If the season ended today, both teams would be Wild Cards. This is a crucial game, one that could have playoff implications at the end of the season.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:52 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

This game I think means more to Ryan than it does to Andrew. This could be a fantastic mental win for Ryan. If he comes out there and plays better than Andrew and leads the team to a win, that will be huge for him.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:13 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

TommyNoleFin wrote:
I would worry about this Colts team. They are 4-3, same as we are. They have an up and coming rookie QB that is sure to be a star in this league. If the season ended today, both teams would be Wild Cards. This is a crucial game, one that could have playoff implications at the end of the season.

It is right now but i don't see the Colts making a playoff run...Even if they win this game("That they should win")

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Kev1321 wrote:
Even if they win this game("That they should win")

I dont see it as a game Indy should win. We match up well and are in similar situations. Its really a coin flip to most of the reporters/analysts...

I see us as the favorites tho, we are steadily progressing as a team, and are riding a 3 game streak..

And I really want to see Tanny go into Lucks house and leave with the W.. :grin:

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:23 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This should be a very good game. It's got all the makings of a classic. Both teams seem fairly even and are going through the same things. Hopefully we come out physical like we did last week, we can't afford to let the Colts run all over us like the Rams did. This game is important in that it will be our first look at Tannehill and how he matches up against his rookie counterparts. If Tannehill can lead us to a victory in Indy, then it's a big step for him in his young career, and another step for the team towards the playoffs. I think someone eluded to this earlier, this is a big matchup with potential playoff implications. This is why Philbin is treating it so seriously. He knows what is at stake. Win, and it puts you in the playoff picture in a big way. 5-3 puts you on track to go 10-6 or better possibly. 10-6 will likely net someone a wildcard this year, possibly a division crown depending on the rest of the division. If we loose, then we're back to square one (.500). This is a big game.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:19 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The Colts are young and streaky, they had that huge comeback win against the Packers, but their other 3 wins have been against the Vikings (23-20), Browns (17-13) and the Titans in OT. They've lost to Jacksonville and were blown out by the NY Jets and Chicago. They've definately struggled against good defenses and have trouble in the redzone. The Dolphins have the 3rd best D in the NFL, when it comes to points allowed..........we have a very good redzone D.

When you look at the matchups, this should be a big win for us.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:33 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I was hoping Philbin would have a steady approach like Dungy for this team. I still think his consistent mentality can keep us from letting down after a big win last week & maybe hes trying to make the guys prepared for a different opponent. Theres a chance he wants to enforce an attitude of refocusing on something new but he sounds uptight about this game & I don't think thats good for the team.

I'm agreeing with Shularino about this Indy team. I don't think they're that good. In fact I think their defense is vulnerable, especially to the run. If we can get Reggie going then we will control the tempo. Heck, even if Reggie still hasn't gotten back to his flashy self then I have faith that DT can do some really good things for us (anybody watch that TD run vs the jets again? Sick!!) Gaffney showed that he might be a solid pick up for us. Lets see if he can be there for Tanny/Moore & give the Colts something to worry about.

In order, the priorities for this game are Pressure Luck, contain Wayne, & spy on Dwayne Allen/TY Hilton. I don't think much of their running backs & Avery has been inconsistent. If we play our game & keep from mistakes, I don't see a whole lot to worry about.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:41 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

defense was clearly unprepared

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dolphins view Colts as a team to worry about.....They were right.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]