View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 If season were to end today ... Fins in the playoffs? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post If season were to end today ... Fins in the playoffs?
I guess it is ok to start thinking playoffs as we would be a Wild Card team if the season were to end today.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:50 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Playoff Picture: If the season ended today
The Miami Dolphins are the 5th seed in the AFC and would play @Broncos in the WC round. The Indianapolis Colts are the 6th seed and would play @NE.

One of the WC teams gets bumped this weekend. In short, being that we play NE twice still, the Dolphins currently control their own destiny. We can take it all, take some, or fold.

Here's the NFL Playoff picture: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

In the hunt in due order:

Steelers
Chargers
Raiders
Bills

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:03 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Playoff Picture: If the season ended today
We have a semi-easy stretch followed by a torturous one. If we can get out of this 4 game stretch with 4 wins we will be in very good shape having to likely only win 1 or 2 more games.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Playoff Picture: If the season ended today
IamPZ wrote:
We have a semi-easy stretch followed by a torturous one. If we can get out of this 4 game stretch with 4 wins we will be in very good shape having to likely only win 1 or 2 more games.

I'd hardly call the end of the season's schedule 'torturous.' Games at home against Buffalo and Jacksonville? Both should be easy wins. Games at San Francisco and New England will be tough. Home contest against the Pats is a toss up. All you can ask for is a chance to have that last game of the season in Foxboro mean something... The Patriots are a good team, but they are not as good as in years past -- the Jets darn near went into Gillette a couple weeks ago and won.

If this Miami bunch continues to gain some confidence, there isn't a game left on the schedule we can't be competitive in.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: If season were to end today ... Fins in the playoffs?
Foxboro after Christmas is really going to suck

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:27 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Ski_Money wrote:
Foxboro after Christmas is really going to suck

3rd straight year they do it. I'm tired of freezing my butt off, getting harassed by Patriots fans for 3 hours, and laughed at out of the stadium.

They better win this one, or if they lose have already won the division lol.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:56 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Seven games in with nine left to play. Sorry, it is a bit too early to get excited and even look at these type of stats and even predicting anything at this point. After the next four games, we will have a better idea of which direction this team is headed and then hopefully, be prepared to beat teams like NE and San Fran.

First things first and one week at a time. Hope we beat Indy this week!! Heck, I am just very pleased that knock on wood, Philbin has this team improving!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We need to keep this winning streak alive in order to position ourselves for a shot to push the Patriots for the East this year. This Indy game is an important one because the Colts quite possibly could be in the thick of things later in the season.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:31 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Finhead34 wrote:
Seven games in with nine left to play. Sorry, it is a bit too early to get excited ...

Finhead34 definitely has a healthy way of looking at this season. We are a very young team and will have our ups and downs, but the team is showing something magical that it hasn't had in years. Still, 2 years ago we had a 4-3 record and couldn't finish off the season.

Armando Salguero wrote:
It hasn't been that long since the Dolphins went into November with something riding on the outcome of the coming games. In 2010, the club was 4-3 to start November before finishing 7-9.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:45 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dave, I can definitely feel that this team is "different" than years past and I really believe in Philbin. I guess when we have been fin fans for so long, you want to stay reserved, but then again, your communicating to someone that did not even relax in the 30-9 Jet game until their was about 3 minutes left in the game. Wheels have come off the bus all too often in the recent 10 years, so I am just sitting back for now.

I want to see them now take care of teams that we believe they can win against starting at Indy. The more we keep winning the more excited I will get and we still need to get that Patriot monkey off our back once and for all and I hope this is the year!!

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:01 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
Seven games in with nine left to play. Sorry, it is a bit too early to get excited ...

Finhead34 definitely has a healthy way of looking at this season. We are a very young team and will have our ups and downs, but the team is showing something magical that it hasn't had in years. Still, 2 years ago we had a 4-3 record and couldn't finish off the season.

I understand his way of looking at it, but I don't think there is anything wrong with dreaming "what if" when the team is playing well.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]