View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 Jared Cook ask for Trade 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Jared Cook ask for Trade
This is the TE I hoped Miami might would look at come FA next spring. However, if he is available at a reasonable price, should Miami go ahead & pull the trigger or stick with the status quo?

Cook has not done anything to bump up his price passed a 3rd IMO. He is extremely talented & under uterlized in Tenn offense. Big, fast & should be able to get down the middle of the field.

Of course a new deal would have to come with this.

Thoughts?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:37 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Jared Cook ask for Trade
I would say yes, BUT that means we have given up on Egnew and Clay.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

Who cares... as long as we address the tight end position...

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I think we are going to build through the draft and be very selective about FA's!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:48 am
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I don't know if that was sarcastic, but I agree with it.

I LOVE Cook. Completely agree he's one of the most under-utilized players in the league. Would be a hell of a partner for Fasano at TE.

If you can get him for a 3rd round pick, that's a steal. Next year's TE class is garbage. This might be their only shot at a good one.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:51 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

Don't believe you are giving up on them, but not relying on them either. Maybe the trade could be Egnew & a 4th or 5th for Cook.

Personally I do not see Tenn trading him.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:53 am

I don't care, and you're right, that's why I said yes.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:

If you can get him for a 3rd round pick, that's a steal. Next year's TE class is garbage. This might be their only shot at a good one.

Yes it is. Miami cannot go into next season hoping Clay/Engew are ready.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:55 am
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

i thought the same thing when i saw this report of him wanting a trade. Tennessee has never used him correctly or enough. This guy would be what Jerm. Finly should have been in Green Bay, Would be a huge playmaker in Philbin's offense. Call the Titans and offer up a 4th rounder. Shouold get it done. He'd put up Pro Bowl numbers here.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:25 am

Quote:
The Nashville Tennessean reports "indications are" Jared Cook has requested a trade ahead of Tuesday's deadline.
In the final year of his rookie deal, Cook is apparently amongst the legion of observers miffed at his usage this season. Cook played just 25-of-59 offensive snaps in Sunday's overtime loss, and has been a 50-percent player or worse almost every week since Week 2. He's been targeted only 41 times on the year. Although Cook's trade request is a strong indication he won't be looking to re-sign with the Titans this offseason, they hold all the leverage. He'll likely still be a Titan this time next week. Oct 29 - 12:48 PM

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:28 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

I don't like giving draft picks for positions we can get via draft or FA. I like acquiring draft picks by trading away overpriced players. Dansby is high on my list to trade away. He's not a game changer but he's being paid like one.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He's looking for a pay day and we've got to re-sign Fasano after the season is over. Two expensive veteran tightends is one too many. I'd say re-sign Fasano and draft a guy early if tightend is a big area of need for our staff.

Notre Dame has a tightend named Eifert coming out that looks pretty darn good, and I'd bet Fasano would be more than willing to show him the ropes seeing as how he went to Notre Dame as well.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 pm
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

wkloiber13 wrote:
He's looking for a pay day and we've got to re-sign Fasano after the season is over. Two expensive veteran tightends is one too many. I'd say re-sign Fasano and draft a guy early if tightend is a big area of need for our staff.

Notre Dame has a tightend named Eifert coming out that looks pretty darn good, and I'd bet Fasano would be more than willing to show him the ropes seeing as how he went to Notre Dame as well.

Very valid point wkloiber in regards to the TE from Notre Dame, Eifert. The Titans are not trading Cook, so it really is a moot point.

That being said, I saw Jared play as he went to South Carolina. He is more talented than Eifert and he is not being used nearly enough by a Titan team that should look to use him more. He is a free agent after the season, but the young man has not put up the number to garner a huge contract. The Dolphins could sign him to a nice contract.

That being said, I could see the Dolphins going after Dwyane Bowe once he hits free agency and draft Eifert in the draft in the 2nd round.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:31 pm

phinsfansc wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Very valid point wkloiber in regards to the TE from Notre Dame, Eifert. The Titans are not trading Cook, so it really is a moot point.

That being said, I saw Jared play as he went to South Carolina. He is more talented than Eifert and he is not being used nearly enough by a Titan team that should look to use him more. He is a free agent after the season, but the young man has not put up the number to garner a huge contract. The Dolphins could sign him to a nice contract.

That being said, I could see the Dolphins going after Dwyane Bowe once he hits free agency and draft Eifert in the draft in the 2nd round.

I'm not Eifert's biggest fan. I'd take Cook over him in a heart beat.

WK, I don't see Fasano getting a huge deal. With the way the TE position is evolving, I'm not sure anyone will be willing to give him more than 3'sh million a year. I think you'll be fine paying both.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:42 pm

I'd take Cook over Fasano. He's a seambuster who can run and jump like a receiver. He would open up this offense. fasano is extremely limited.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 pm

swerve13 wrote:
I'd take Cook over Fasano. He's a seambuster who can run and jump like a receiver. He would open up this offense. fasano is extremely limited.

I like Fasano swerve. He a solid, all around TE. With all due respect to Charles Clay and Michael Egnew, I would sign Cook during the off season and let those 2 go, as Cook is a dynamic talent that would fit perfectly into what Mike Sherman wants to do.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:19 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Heck. Add Egnew to the trade package.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Clay's favorite candy bar is "Butter Fingers"......

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:04 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

wkloiber13 wrote:

Notre Dame always has a TE that looks pretty darn good.....

Period.....

:fart:

:)

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

I like Fasano swerve. He a solid, all around TE. With all due respect to Charles Clay and Michael Egnew, I would sign Cook during the off season and let those 2 go, as Cook is a dynamic talent that would fit perfectly into what Mike Sherman wants to do.

I don't think Fasano is special & Cook, to me, has potential to be special. Egnew may intrigue Tenn a little. Clay is a stud athlete but it doesn't mean he's going to fit this team in the future.

I absolutely think Cook is worth trading for. Ireland is a tough negotiator too. Tenn doesn't have a lot of grounds to demand on when they have barely used & therefor have little proof of value. Im a believer in trading for a guy today who's shown he can play instead of drafting a guy tomorrow & hoping he works out.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:26 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Clay is a stud athlete but it doesn't mean he's going to fit this team in the future.

Clay is the most disappointing of them all. All these great skillsets and cannot put it together. catching passes was his trade mark coming out of college and he has shown squat, but being inconsistent.

He has been given lots of chances too in the offense and has yet to deliver. It would be a shame as this kid has the ability to be just like the former Tight-end/H-Back Cooley of Washington.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

I don't think Fasano is special & Cook, to me, has potential to be special. Egnew may intrigue Tenn a little. Clay is a stud athlete but it doesn't mean he's going to fit this team in the future.

I absolutely think Cook is worth trading for. Ireland is a tough negotiator too. Tenn doesn't have a lot of grounds to demand on when they have barely used & therefor have little proof of value. Im a believer in trading for a guy today who's shown he can play instead of drafting a guy tomorrow & hoping he works out.

Fasano is not an All-Pro TE, but he solid in the passing game and is a very solid blocking TE. Him and Cook would make a very solid duo. And once again, the Titans have said they are not interested in trading Cook. Go get him once he becomes a free agent at the end of the year.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I'm not Eifert's biggest fan. I'd take Cook over him in a heart beat.

WK, I don't see Fasano getting a huge deal. With the way the TE position is evolving, I'm not sure anyone will be willing to give him more than 3'sh million a year. I think you'll be fine paying both.

Eifert is going to be a very well rounded tightend at the next level. He's got great size and power for the position. Notre Dame runs the ball a ton, so his numbers are a little low because of that fact. Also Gholson is a terrible passer, so again his numbers reflect that. The kid has great jump ball skills, that means he'd make a great redzone target. Eifert combined with Fasano would be a perfect pair. Then we'd just need to get Clay or Engew on track and we'd be loaded at TE.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:29 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:

Fasano is not an All-Pro TE, but he solid in the passing game and is a very solid blocking TE. Him and Cook would make a very solid duo. And once again, the Titans have said they are not interested in trading Cook. Go get him once he becomes a free agent at the end of the year.

I think you are right as usual, Tony. Cook and Fasano would make a good pair of tight ends and make Fasano even more dangerous.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:43 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Big Dave wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

I think you are right as usual, Tony. Cook and Fasano would make a good pair of tight ends and make Fasano even more dangerous.

I thinks so as well...

And probably a good thing they wont trade, I cant see a team trading a player to a team the play in a week....

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:22 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I expect to see Jared Cook get a long term contract from the Titans at some point.

Quote:
The Titans and tight end Jared Cook had expectations of a breakout season and possibly a long-term contract extension.

At the midway point, however, they are butting heads.

The Titans on Monday received a trade request on behalf of the fourth-year pro, according to sources familiar with the situation. Indications are the Titans have no plans to trade Cook, however, and coach Mike Munchak said as much after news of the request surfaced.

“I am not going to comment on that. That is not my decision to make, but I don’t see that happening, no,” Munchak said. “I don’t see why we would do that. I don’t follow that. The agent is calling to stir the pot. This is not the time for those things.

“Jared is a big part of our team. Jared has made a lot of great catches for us this year. Jared’s our (third) leading receiver. We know for us to win games we need him making plays for us, so for me it’s not something I’ve thought about at all, so I am hoping it is not on his mind either.”

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121 ... ck_check=1

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:05 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The NFL is not like baseball, teams that trade during the season are doing so out of desperation......so in that case let's be happy we're not seliing the farm for guys like Bowe and Cook.

I'm sure we'll evaluate Cook after the season, I doubt we'll seriously entertain bringing in Bowe at the price he'll demand.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:15 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

"Trade me right f***ing now!"

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
The NFL is not like baseball, teams that trade during the season are doing so out of desperation......so in that case let's be happy we're not seliing the farm for guys like Bowe and Cook.

I'm sure we'll evaluate Cook after the season, I doubt we'll seriously entertain bringing in Bowe at the price he'll demand.

You're right, this team could easily be 6-1 if it wasn't for a couple of kicks and some costly turnovers. I think our staff understands that and knows we have a good chance to win going forward even without making a big trade at the deadline. We can win with what we've got, and next year will be the time to grow and build.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]