View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 our secondary looks so much better this year 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post our secondary looks so much better this year
we are now a complete defense with this secondary able to cover instead of letting up big play after big play. We are getting coverage sacks now which is so nice to see.
With our dominant front, we now have a complete defense and it's why we are winning.

the Davis trade is obviously a great trade now with Smith playing like a pro bowler, Wilson looks fantastic and Resahd Jones is playing like a top 10 safety.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: our secondary looks so much better this year
our defense and special teams are insane. How god is Olivier Vernon? Makes big plays every week. Way to go Ireland!

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:35 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

The safety play has been massively improved. Even Nolan Carroll has really picked up his game in place of Marshall. Sean has been real solid. They're putting pressure on the QB, mostly credit to Kevin Coyle for that...

They're playing great right now.

That said...It's Sanchez. lol

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
The safety play has been massively improved. Even Nolan Carroll has really picked up his game in place of Marshall. Sean has been real solid. They're putting pressure on the QB, mostly credit to Kevin Coyle for that...

They're playing great right now.

That said...It's Sanchez. lol

don't cheapen the effort. The Jets were playing excellent football the past couple weeks. I was actually scared going into this one. I was thoroughly impressed today. Dominant effort and it shows coaching matters. Alot of these same guys that Ireland drafted underperformed under Sparano. Now they are flourishing.

:yay:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Game ball to Jimmy Wilson. Holy hell did he have a game. This was an old fashion beat down.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Our secondary honestly makes me uncomfortable at best. I think they look better than they are due to the dominant front four. We also leave a ton of plays on the field. How many interceptions should we have had today? Our safety play has come way WAY up, but I still think we need one more solid corner.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'd like to see some of the people who were hacking all over Ireland/Philbin for getting rid of some players this season, man up and admit they were a bit kneejerk in their reaction. There are about three posters, and they know who they are.
Getting rid of Davis really hasn't hurt us, Marshall maybe, but we are at least drama free, and the Ocho stinko was another good move. Couple that with how Philbin is getting the most out of these guys and many of our rookies, this team is really starting to look like they are operating from a very solid foundation.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I was VERY nervous heading into this game. Nice game plan, great composure after losing Tannehill early and thank goodness we have a veteran back up as Moore deserves a lot of credit for coming in and not making mistakes. He managed the game very well and Miami had a great team effort win. Offense, defense and special teams all did well today.

Beating the Jets like this was huge. Philbin is doing a fantastic job thus far.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:33 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

A win is a win. The Jets were rolling lately and we rolled them.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:43 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I wouldn't say we're much better this year at all. However, it's nice that we played Sanchez today.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:38 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

TheBigFish wrote:
I wouldn't say we're much better this year at all. However, it's nice that we played Sanchez today.

really? dont we already have more interceptions than we had all last year? It's noticeably better than the past 5 years I'd say.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TheBigFish wrote:

As a team we were 0-7 last season, we're 4-3 this year. A big part of that is the defense and the slow but steady improvement from our secondary players like Sean Smith, Reshad Jones, Nolan Carroll, Jimmy Wilson, and Chris Clemons. These guys were giving up multiple big plays every game at the beginning of the season, that has slowly stopped as the season has gone along. Today I can't recall one single big play by the Jets on offense. The only touchdown drive they did have they had to labor to get. Was Sanchez a factor, yes, but he wasn't the only factor. Our players played a pretty big part. You can see the improvement compared to the last time we played them.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

There were two throws that would have changed this game and the way we regard our secondary. One where Smith was beaten and Sanchez threw behind his receiver in the endzone. The other where Smith appeared as if he batted the ball in the endzone, but he actually missed it. The ball fell right in the bread basket of the reciever and he failed to real it in. Credit Sm8th with distracting him, but bottom line is that he got lucky twice. So I give credit both to our defense and to Sanchez. Next time we play a better qb, we may not be so fortunate.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:49 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'd like to see some of the people who were hacking all over Ireland/Philbin for getting rid of some players this season, man up and admit they were a bit kneejerk in their reaction. There are about three posters, and they know who they are.

Spot on Phin. They should come out. Like I said in the beginning, they acted like we were winning with Marsall and Davis on the team. Now that they are done, we are winning. Fans, owners, coaches need to learn that these "low character" guys will never be more than inconssitant crybabies with no heart. The announcers even said that the Fins are finally drama free and it shows. No more wives stabbing there husbands, no more taxi drivers not getting paid no more Davis being out of shape and being drunk at meetings. These things add up.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Makchell wrote:

Spot on Phin. They should come out. Like I said in the beginning, they acted like we were winning with Marsall and Davis on the team. Now that they are done, we are winning. Fans, owners, coaches need to learn that these "low character" guys will never be more than inconssitant crybabies with no heart. The announcers even said that the Fins are finally drama free and it shows. No more wives stabbing there husbands, no more taxi drivers not getting paid no more Davis being out of shape and being drunk at meetings. These things add up.

You guys are a couple of trolls. You're 4-3 and acting like Miami just won the superbowl. Marshall I could care less about, but Miami's pass defense is ranked near dead last for a reason. Davis could've helped that.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:44 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

You guys are a couple of trolls. You're 4-3 and acting like Miami just won the superbowl. Marshall I could care less about, but Miami's pass defense is ranked near dead last for a reason. Davis could've helped that.

Speaking of trolls. It's funny that the bait was layed out and 1 of them bit! Hahaha.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:52 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
but Miami's pass defense is ranked near dead last for a reason

Miami's pass defense is ranked low IN YARDS ALLOWED because teams cannot run on us. We're ranked 3rd against the run and tied for first in yards per attempts.

Teams have no option but to throw on us. Sanchez had to throw 50+ times to get to 280 yards, most of them in garbage time.

We are ranked 25th in pass yards allowed, but 12th in yards per attempt, 7th in pass TDs allowed (8), tied for 10th in interceptions (8) and tied for 5th in sacks (22).

Picking one stat without looking at the bigger picture is a bad way to make an argument.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:06 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

When arguments start with "You're 4-3" I tend to disregard as it appears its coming from a fan of a different team...

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:10 am

10acjed wrote:
When arguments start with "You're 4-3" I tend to disregard as it appears its coming from a fan of a different team...

Yeah really.

Freudian slip?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:13 am

So the secondary is perfect according to Rich and couldn't be better....and Benghazi was a spontaneous event triggered by a video.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:33 am

Quote:
I'd like to see some of the people who were hacking all over Ireland/Philbin for getting rid of some players this season, man up and admit they were a bit kneejerk in their reaction.

I guess the bottom line is what was held as a true opinion back two months ago, is still true today. 4-3 doesn't change that...as a matter of fact two OT losses just reinforce it.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:37 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
So the secondary is perfect according to Rich and couldn't be better....and Benghazi was a spontaneous event triggered by a video.

Actually according to Rich the secondary is ranked all over the place in different stats that he posted.....

They are ranked 25th in yards allowed.... Yet 5th for points per game.. If teams cant score the amount of yards gained is pointless...

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am

NFLJunkie wrote:

Are you Obama's press secretary with that kind of word twisting?

Where did I say the secondary was perfect and couldn't be better?

What I said was that you are focusing on one stat but not paying attention to the others. Did you know we were ranked in the top half of the league in all those pass defense related stats such as INTs, TDs allowed and YPA?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:56 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
I guess the bottom line is what was held as a true opinion back two months ago, is still true today. 4-3 doesn't change that...as a matter of fact two OT losses just reinforce it.

Let me behave like you.

So what you're saying in this post is that if we had Vontae Davis as the field goal kicker, we win those OT games.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:57 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Let me behave like you.

So what you're saying in this post is that if we had Vontae Davis as the field goal kicker, we win those OT games.

LOL!!! Oh Junkie...wow, where to start. You do know that we were 0-7 last year with V. Davis, right? You do know that a few weeks ago V. Davis allows opposing QBs to have the highest QB rating when targeting him, maybe a stat still today.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:06 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:

Not without Brandon Marshall holding the ball...

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:26 am

:youwin: Vontae was better than Sean Smith for 3 years under 2 different regimes. Now he is garbage...I think we've had this discussion. It is the same one that caused two people to come on here and say that it was knee jerk. There was nothing knee jerk to it. If you go back and read the context of my argument, it included an escape clause of good coaching and QB play. Do you see anyone who supported Matt Moore on here calling for those who wanted Miami to trade him asking them to apologies? Please, Mak and Phin were just trolling for a fight.
BTW..with as beast a front 7 as Miami has their grandmas could be at CB and it wouldn't matter. Btw....nice ball that hit Carroll between the numbers Twice in one game.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Silly Marshall would be our punter, I hear he is pretty good at it in practice. ; )

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:09 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Vontae was better than Sean Smith for 3 years under 2 different regimes. Now he is garbage...

There you go again, putting words in people's mouths. No one said the secondary can't be better, no one is calling Vontae Davis garbage.

Quote:
If you go back and read the context of my argument

Why should anyone bother going back and reading the context of anything you post when you constantly put words in people's mouths?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 am

Quote:
Are you Obama's press secretary with that kind of word twisting?

Where did I say the secondary was perfect and couldn't be better?

What I said was that you are focusing on one stat but not paying attention to the others. Did you know we were ranked in the top half of the league in all those pass defense related stats such as INTs, TDs allowed and YPA?

Whatever Baghdad Bob. Yardage is not a sign of a porous secondary. News flash...Brady won't miss those wide open targets and his WRs don't drop passes. There are 9 teams that are 3-4 or 4-3...to get to the playoffs Miami needs to split with NE. When our secondary gets the best of Brady...I'll celebrate. Until that day, We're still stuck with a CB who tackles like he's petting a porcupine and another who has dropped 9 cell phones in the last month..

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 am

Quote:
There you go again, putting words in people's mouths. No one said the secondary can't be better, no one is calling Vontae Davis garbage.

I realize arrogance is an illness but that wasn't addressed to you.

As far as putting words in peoples mouths go, please. Don't get your feelings hurt because you're the one attacking an "opinion". The facts, as you so eloquently admitted, are that the secondary could be better and we traded our best secondary player.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:27 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Brady won't miss those wide open targets and his WRs don't drop passes.

Brady doesn't miss against the "best" secondaries in the NFL, so if you think ours is so bad, I'm not sure why your expectations of our secondary are higher.

Quote:
We're still stuck with a CB who tackles like he's petting a porcupine and another who has dropped 9 cell phones in the last month..

And we're also stuck with a poster who isn't actually reading what anybody else is posting, just making up his version of what other people are posting.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

squirrel

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Warthog

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Please, Mak and Phin were just trolling for a fight.

No we weren't. We were just pointing out the "fact" that we are better off with out him.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
I realize arrogance is an illness but that wasn't addressed to you.

Weren't you calling for not getting personal a few weeks ago? I think hypocrisy is the real illness.

And whether the post was addressed to me or not is irrelevant, you're still putting words in people's mouths.

Quote:
The facts, as you so eloquently admitted, are that the secondary could be better and we traded our best secondary player.

So now I admitted that? Really? Please quote the post where I did...

You're hilarious, dude. Either that, or on some serious hallucinogens.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:41 am

Makchell wrote:
Please, Mak and Phin were just trolling for a fight.

No we weren't. We were just pointing out the "fact" that we are better off with out him.

How is that a fact? It is an opinion.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:42 am

The secondary can either be better or can't be...please pick a side and quit playing both.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
The secondary can either be better or can't be...please pick a side and quit playing both.

Which side are you on?

I'll pick the other one. It will guarantee I'm right.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:48 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Which side are you on?

I'll pick the other one. It will guarantee I'm right.

On that note, I'm on the side that says you're winning this argument.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next