View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Time for Miami Dolphins to think playoffs 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Time for Miami Dolphins to think playoffs
Quote:
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Look out, mediocre AFC. There’s a surprise team that is pushing for a playoff spot.

That team is the Miami Dolphins (4-3).

Miami won its third straight game Sunday with a 30-9 blowout of the rival New York Jets. The Dolphins are quietly playing some of the best football in the league and will be a tough matchup in the second half of the season.

The Dolphins entered MetLife Stadium at a crossroads. They would either make a statement against the Jets or fall back into the pack of mediocre teams.

Miami chose to make an emphatic statement and appears to be getting better as the season progresses. The Dolphins were subpar in September with a 1-3 record but stellar in October at 3-0.

What can we expect from Miami in November and December?

“Stayed tuned,” said Dolphins defensive back Jimmy Wilson, who collected a sack of Mark Sanchez and blocked a punt against New York.

Although it’s early, it is time to start thinking of playoff possibilities in Miami. Here is what we know at the midpoint of the season: ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... s-in-miami

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:50 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Time for Miami Dolphins to think playoffs
Mannn . . I don't know about all that. If Tannehill & Reggie prove to be fully healthy, Gaffney & Marlon become valuable, & our secondary continues to improve then I'll think about it. But for now I would say that we are in contention because other teams aren't playing well. A lot of teams could be there at the Wild Card race if the Patriots out score us as they're capable.

We have a good chance at a winning streak with the Colts, Titans, & Bills next. Then we have Seahawks, 49ers, & Patriots twice in the final 6 games. I'm not sure how we'll stack up with them but the ball is in our court. I think espn is just surprised to see this team doing something positive after they projected such a negative image before.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:29 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

keep in mind the Seattle game is here.. big difference. Seattle is 1-4 on the road

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:31 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Way too early...

Now if Carp had made those two kicks and we were 6-1, I'd be all for thinking about the playoffs. For now, I'm satisfied that we have a coach and a QB.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I see us at 9-7 with a chance at a wild card spot. I think we will be in the hunt heading into the final two weeks.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:10 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

We're still a rebuilding team--but we're on the way up. With how bad (relatively) the AFC is this season, we absolutely have a shot at making the playoffs. No doubt.

We have a good chance at a nice 6 game winning streak up through the Bills game, but nothing is guaranteed. But we also have a shot at a nice losing streak when we have to play the Pats twice, the niners, and the Seahawks. So who knows. Honestly it depends on Tannehill's development and if the rest of the squad can keep up their end of the deal. The WR core, half our offensive line, and the secondary scare me.

Also, Walker mentions we have lots of cap room for next season. How does he figure?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Steve Zissou wrote:
Mannn . . I don't know about all that. If Tannehill & Reggie prove to be fully healthy, Gaffney & Marlon become valuable, & our secondary continues to improve then I'll think about it. But for now I would say that we are in contention because other teams aren't playing well. A lot of teams could be there at the Wild Card race if the Patriots out score us as they're capable.

We have a good chance at a winning streak with the Colts, Titans, & Bills next. Then we have Seahawks, 49ers, & Patriots twice in the final 6 games. I'm not sure how we'll stack up with them but the ball is in our court. I think espn is just surprised to see this team doing something positive after they projected such a negative image before.

I agree, we're not going anywhere if Tannehill and Bush are banged up. We need those two guys if we're going to make a run at this thing. The Colts are 4-3, they're playing at home, and they're thinking playoffs just like we are. That is going to be a tough game next week in Indy. I don't see them rolling over like the Jets did.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:13 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

I have been saying playoffs all along. This is a gift schedule , better take advantage of it this season.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:29 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Beat the Colts and Titans and we have the inside track on a wildcard spot.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:30 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NE twice, Seattle, the49er's.....the stretch run will be brutal. Anything over 8-8 is a victory.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We split NE, edge Seatlle st home, eat crow in SF, sweep Jills, beat Jax, Indy and Tenn...

11-5 and a WC or Division

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Ski_Money wrote:
We split NE, edge Seatlle st home, eat crow in SF, sweep Jills, beat Jax, Indy and Tenn...

11-5 and a WC or Division

I agree .... like I said a gift schedule. Very similar to the great trifectas first season. Anything but brutal IMO.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:24 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10-6 is more likely tho. Any given Sunday will strike once for INdy, Tenn and/or the Jills or NE

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]