View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:12 pm



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Dolphins defense to emulate Texans defense 
Author Message
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5908
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Dolphins defense to emulate Texans defense
Kevin Coyle says bye week gave team a chance to study Houston Texans penchant for tipping passes at line. Point of emphasis for Miami now.

-Armando Salguero


:yay:


Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:27 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Dolphins defense to emulate Texans defense
It's not really Houston's Defense or Wade Phillips' doing...It's JJ Watt.

Still, we do need to create more turnovers defensively. Plenty of time to put a plan together before playing Brady twice in December.


Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Dolphins defense to emulate Texans defense
I remember when we were all freaking out that Tannehill was going to struggle with tipped passes all season long because his mechanics were flawed. Now it appears that every single quarterback in the NFL that faces the Texans has flawed mechanics. Funny isn't it.


Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3382
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Dolphins defense to emulate Texans defense
Phins Rock wrote:
It's not really Houston's Defense or Wade Phillips' doing...It's JJ Watt.

Still, we do need to create more turnovers defensively. Plenty of time to put a plan together before playing Brady twice in December.


Coaches do coach their DL personnel to try to get in the passing lanes if they are not getting any pass rush pressure. That being said, JJ Watt is pretty good at getting his hands up and deflecting passes.

_________________
Image


Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Dolphins defense to emulate Texans defense
phinsfansc wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
It's not really Houston's Defense or Wade Phillips' doing...It's JJ Watt.

Still, we do need to create more turnovers defensively. Plenty of time to put a plan together before playing Brady twice in December.


Coaches do coach their DL personnel to try to get in the passing lanes if they are not getting any pass rush pressure. That being said, JJ Watt is pretty good at getting his hands up and deflecting passes.


The highest number of batted passes that any player had last year was 9...Same as in 2010.

Watt has 10 through 7 games. Absolutely ridiculous.

That said, their front 7 have 6 combined also. So it's definitely something they pay a lot of attention to.


Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:42 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: MA.
Post Re: Dolphins defense to emulate Texans defense
Ahhhh.....AJ Duhe


Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Dolphins defense to emulate Texans defense
Phins Rock wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
It's not really Houston's Defense or Wade Phillips' doing...It's JJ Watt.

Still, we do need to create more turnovers defensively. Plenty of time to put a plan together before playing Brady twice in December.


Coaches do coach their DL personnel to try to get in the passing lanes if they are not getting any pass rush pressure. That being said, JJ Watt is pretty good at getting his hands up and deflecting passes.


The highest number of batted passes that any player had last year was 9...Same as in 2010.

Watt has 10 through 7 games. Absolutely ridiculous.

That said, their front 7 have 6 combined also. So it's definitely something they pay a lot of attention to.


It boils down to an effort/hustle thing. Never giving up on a play. Some players if they can't get the quarterback seem like they just go through the motions. Others, the great ones, never give up and if they can't get the sack, they're looking for the batted pass or knock down/pressure. Watt is simply a great player doing great things.


Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4470
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Dolphins defense to emulate Texans defense
wkloiber13 wrote:
It boils down to an effort/hustle thing. Never giving up on a play. Some players if they can't get the quarterback seem like they just go through the motions. Others, the great ones, never give up and if they can't get the sack, they're looking for the batted pass or knock down/pressure. Watt is simply a great player doing great things.


He said it flat out on NFL network, he knows whether or not he is going to get to the QB in less than 2 seconds, at that point he stops pursuing and starts trying to get in the way..

Very smart player.


Croyle is doing the right things, cant argue with his idea here. He knows the weakness and has done a great job hiding it.

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 am
Profile
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5908
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Dolphins defense to emulate Texans defense
it's working. You could see us using this technique today. This defense is as good as any in the NFL this year. Good at all 3 levels. Couple that with excellent special teams and you've got a recipe for a playoff team.


Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:29 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], swerve13, Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.