View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 AFter further review 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post AFter further review
Okay before I rant, I'll start with a disclaimer. Had I watched that game live I wouldn't be here today. I would've popped a coronary artery. The last time I saw a game that was so poorly officiatied Miami was playing the black and gold and Steeleratore's Refs were busy screwing Miami out of every major call. Huh? Back to the future. Sunday the Blue and Gold were on the field. Steeleratore's crew was again doing its absolute best to screw Miami. Oddly enough it included another questionable goal line call where the fumbled ball crossed the plane, then miraculously one hand on the ball pressed against the back of an opposing player is now possession in the NFL.
They followed that up with a tuck rule which as much as I hate the rule it was the right call. You'd think by now the gifts to the Rams, or screwing of the Dolphins would've ended but then came the catch, football move, fumble ruling that was overturned. Really? That call was a lot easier than the one of simultaneous possession in the Greenbay Game. It was so clearly a catch and fumble that any half-baked moron could've gotten it right.
The big difference...these are games Miami would lose. They would lose heart and wouldn't close. It was good to see them win one they should have lost. Check it off the list.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: AFter further review
Give the coaching staff alot of credit...........they made the adjustments at halftime. Picking up that first down on the fake punt was crucial.

This was such a big win to go into the bye week.........the team can feel good, get some players healthy and make a push in the last 10 games. Suddenly, winning the division seems like a realistic goal!

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:32 pm

shularino wrote:
Give the coaching staff alot of credit...........they made the adjustments at halftime. Picking up that first down on the fake punt was crucial.

This was such a big win to go into the bye week.........the team can feel good, get some players healthy and make a push in the last 10 games. Suddenly, winning the division seems like a realistic goal!

They have to steal one more, and not lose anymore they should win to get to 10-6. Doable, but its a long season. It is nice to go into a bye week and know that either the Jets or Patriots will lose this weekend. :pumpiron:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Great post Junkie. So the same guy who reffed the game against PITT officiated today as well? Oh the irony. This has to be by far the worst NFL season in recent memory regarding the officials.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:41 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

NFLJunkie wrote:
Okay before I rant, I'll start with a disclaimer. Had I watched that game live I wouldn't be here today. I would've popped a coronary artery. The last time I saw a game that was so poorly officiatied Miami was playing the black and gold and Steeleratore's Refs were busy screwing Miami out of every major call. Huh? Back to the future. Sunday the Blue and Gold were on the field. Steeleratore's crew was again doing its absolute best to screw Miami. Oddly enough it included another questionable goal line call where the fumbled ball crossed the plane, then miraculously one hand on the ball pressed against the back of an opposing player is now possession in the NFL.
They followed that up with a tuck rule which as much as I hate the rule it was the right call. You'd think by now the gifts to the Rams, or screwing of the Dolphins would've ended but then came the catch, football move, fumble ruling that was overturned. Really? That call was a lot easier than the one of simultaneous possession in the Greenbay Game. It was so clearly a catch and fumble that any half-baked moron could've gotten it right.
The big difference...these are games Miami would lose. They would lose heart and wouldn't close. It was good to see them win one they should have lost. Check it off the list.

Kind of shows just how far this team has come. They got the tuck rule, though I disagreee that should be the rule. The fumble that wasn't and Bradford's TD sneak, were too close to call. Could've went either way.

And those are things that can really shift the momentum one way or another in a game, especially emotionally. This team didn't quit when the ref's wouldn't rule our way. Kudoe to them for that.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I would commend you for this post but anything that reminds me of that 2010 Steelers debacle just pisses me off.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We won the game because we won the turnover battle. Between the 20s the Rams owned us, but when we got the ball we capitalized for the most part. The Sparano Dolphins would have outplayed the Rams and lost, the Philbin Dolphins outsmarted their opponent and won.

What do I mean by outsmarted? I mean freezing the kicker and getting into his head. I mean doing a direct snap to Clemons and picking up a critical 4th and 1 late in the game.

The Rams were the more physical team. They outworked us and won the battles up front. But I think Philbin out coached Fisher.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

One call that irked me that nobody is talking about...

On their last drive, on Givens' (or whoever's) amazing one handed catch....why did they stop the clock? Either he landed in bounds and it's a catch, and the clock continues to move, or he landed out of bounds and it's incomplete....Yet they gave him the catch AND stopped the clock. Stupid. Almost gave them enough time to set up for the FG.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:07 am

Phins Rock wrote:
One call that irked me that nobody is talking about...

On their last drive, on Givens' (or whoever's) amazing one handed catch....why did they stop the clock? Either he landed in bounds and it's a catch, and the clock continues to move, or he landed out of bounds and it's incomplete....Yet they gave him the catch AND stopped the clock. Stupid. Almost gave them enough time to set up for the FG.

Automatic booth review. Yeah it worked to their advantage. Two rules the NFL has to change. The tuck rule and breaking the plane at the goal line. Nowhere else on the field is continuation not a factor. A guy can reach out, break the plane and fumble but its a TD. Yet, catch the ball in the endzone, fall out of bounds and lose the ball...its an incomplete pass. The goal line needs to be whistled dead like every other play in football after the forward progress has been stopped or the guy is down.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

When do the real refs come back???

Oh.... Nevermind...

:embarrassed:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:15 am

wkloiber13 wrote:
We won the game because we won the turnover battle. Between the 20s the Rams owned us, but when we got the ball we capitalized for the most part. The Sparano Dolphins would have outplayed the Rams and lost, the Philbin Dolphins outsmarted their opponent and won.

What do I mean by outsmarted? I mean freezing the kicker and getting into his head. I mean doing a direct snap to Clemons and picking up a critical 4th and 1 late in the game.

The Rams were the more physical team. They outworked us and won the battles up front. But I think Philbin out coached Fisher.

I think Philbin is a great gameday coach. Forget the demeanor in practice the guy is in the refs faces when they screw up. He's making gutsy calls. He has a finger on the pulse of his team. Can't give him enough superlatives at the moment. However, I'll also say what I said about Belichick...a good QB is like a good drywall job...hides a lot of sins.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]