View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The NFL's Darkest Hour (GB 12 SEA 14) 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post The NFL's Darkest Hour (GB 12 SEA 14)
It is clear that Jennings intercepted Wilson, and what makes this worse is that these scrubs STILL called it a TD after reviewing the replay. I have lost all respect for Wilson as a QB/Leader to say HE HIMSELF threw that "winning" TD without swallowing his pride. If I am QB, there is no way I don't at least acknowledge the shadiness of that call. Unbelivable.

(I will get better video quality when I find one on Youtube.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAD_uUNnfpQ

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:15 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Re: The NFL's Darkest Hour (GB 12 SEA 14)
Already Obviosly in the minority but i disagree. While as a whole the game was refed horribly that call was not part of it. They made the right call calling touchdown, you have to in that situation. You can take away a touchdown, you cannot give a touchdown that you said did not exist. Now the rule stats that you cannot change possesion after the review but that is not what the review was. At that point the only person who matters is Golden Tate. If under review you find that Tate had no sort of possetion then the interception would not be awarded, but neither would the touchdown. They keep making the argument that the defender went and got the ball at the highest point. Again this does not matter. The only point that matters is when Golden, not they, but Golden hits the ground. Does he have any sort of posetion at that time. If so it is a touchdown. There is no argument that Jennings had it 75% while Tate had 25% of it. If tate has the ball it is a touchdown. Jennings also gets full posetion afterwords. This doesnt matter either because a touchdown has already happend. the play is over.
Cant defend the refs as a whole because they continue to not be good. In this call though i am on their side.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:15 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

finfan109. No offense. But.. this is CLEARLY an interception.. and consequently.. a touchback.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The rule book got in the way on this one. Because one of the officials called it a touchdown on the field, the head official that reviewed the replay could not overturn possession. Since the ball was clearly caught inbounds, they couldn't call it a incomplete pass either. The only call they could make at that point was touchdown due to a technicality. At least that is the understanding I got from listening to the referee they had explaining things on the post game show.

That said, he also pointed out that Jennings was the one who appeared to have possession. I agree that it should have been an interception. What should have happened is the referees should have huddled together and established who had possession first, then made a ruling. Doing this could have provented the missed call.

What worries me also, I think had this game been in Green Bay it would have been called an interception. I think the refs gave the Seahawks a homefield advantage.

What makes things even worse is that the NFL and the real refs are fighting over a $500 dollar a game raise and healthcare benefits ($10 million over 10 years).
:hithead:

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:58 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Alot of teams are starting to get screwed. The Baltimore / NE game was terrible as well. These better teams who are 1-2 like Pittsburgh , NE & Green Bay all have been victimized by the replacement refs.
While I dont blame the refs as they were called in at the last minute to do a job without much training the NFL must start realizing the integrity of the game is being compromised & needs to get this taken care of now.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:46 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

FINesse wrote:
Alot of teams are starting to get screwed. The Baltimore / NE game was terrible as well. These better teams who are 1-2 like Pittsburgh , NE & Green Bay all have been victimized by the replacement refs.
While I dont blame the refs as they were called in at the last minute to do a job without much training the NFL must start realizing the integrity of the game is being compromised & needs to get this taken care of now.

Even so... these are football referees are they not? They are acting as if they've never seen the game be played before.

There are so many calls that never happened and non calls that are blatant as hell.

I was defending these guys at first, but now it's just redic.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
arKelly Paul Soliai brought up how the Dolphins got robbed of a 2010 victory over the Steelers because of a bad call by the real refs. True story.

All i know is atleast these refs call penalties on the Patriots..And let's not act like these other guys do a great job either..."Tuck Rule" My butt

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]