View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:24 am



Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9354
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Da Bears.

Quote:
In a 10-minute interview with 106.7 WRMA-FM in Miami that aired Tuesday, President Barack Obama discussed both his re-election bid and his confidence in the 2012 Chicago Bears.
NFL Network is your home for Thursday Night Football. Catch all the games live and in HD.

Obama barely had managed to drop jarring references to Pitbull and Flo-Rida before DJ Laz told the President he was wearing a Miami Dolphins jersey.

"You've got to start with that Dolphins thing," Obama said. "Did you see that HBO special 'Hard Knocks'? That's a pretty good show. As I recall, you guys didn't win any ... in the preseason."

DJ Laz pointed out he was "getting ragged on by the President of the United States."

"I'm just saying you brought it up," Obama said. "My Bears -- I'm feeling pretty good about them."


http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -interview



Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum



.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:48 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 6202
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Forgive me if I don't worry about his thoughts on his favorite sports teams when he can't name a single player from his beloved Oakland A's or know that his hometown park is Comiskey Park and not Cominsky Park.

That however does not hold a candle to our beloved MA Senator John Kerry saying he enjoyed watching Manny Ortez power the Red Sox to victory (nicely combined Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz).


Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:56 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
jammer wrote:
That however does not hold a candle to our beloved MA Senator John Kerry saying he enjoyed watching Manny Ortez power the Red Sox to victory (nicely combined Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz).


Nothing compares to Mayor Menino dude....Nothing.


Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:14 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 6202
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Phins Rock wrote:
jammer wrote:
That however does not hold a candle to our beloved MA Senator John Kerry saying he enjoyed watching Manny Ortez power the Red Sox to victory (nicely combined Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz).


Nothing compares to Mayor Menino dude....Nothing.


Agreed, but I was using a national figure for comparative purposes.

And yes, nothing compares to Menino saying Varitek spwit the upwights, or Wes Wekler is ionic.


Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9354
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
The Prez got that losing feeling Thursday night against the Packers. Culter is a pinhead, and has all the leadership of Jeff George.

Anyways, here's one of my favorite football games:


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum


.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:31 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3619
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
That first Nat Moore TD, Marino stared him down and didn't have his ball tipped... just sayin ;p


Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:34 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9354
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Ski_Money wrote:
That first Nat Moore TD, Marino stared him down and didn't have his ball tipped... just sayin ;p


LOL. You know, most quarterbacks stare their receivers down at times ... just not all the time;) Rookie.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:25 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21975
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
jammer wrote:
Forgive me if I don't worry about his thoughts on his favorite sports teams when he can't name a single player from his beloved Oakland A's or know that his hometown park is Comiskey Park and not Cominsky Park.


He was probably thinking Alinsky Park...

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:33 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:
Forgive me if I don't worry about his thoughts on his favorite sports teams when he can't name a single player from his beloved Oakland A's or know that his hometown park is Comiskey Park and not Cominsky Park.


He was probably thinking Alinsky Park...



I would hope he doesnt know much about current teams rosters, or the name of a stadium.

Figure after all he is the guy that is running this country, and last time I looked it was in rough shape, regardless of whos "fault" it is, he is the one we selected to try and fix it. Not to watch sports.

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:03 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21975
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
10acjed wrote:
Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:
Forgive me if I don't worry about his thoughts on his favorite sports teams when he can't name a single player from his beloved Oakland A's or know that his hometown park is Comiskey Park and not Cominsky Park.


He was probably thinking Alinsky Park...



I would hope he doesnt know much about current teams rosters, or the name of a stadium.

Figure after all he is the guy that is running this country, and last time I looked it was in rough shape, regardless of whos "fault" it is, he is the one we selected to try and fix it. Not to watch sports.


He's had a lot of practice on the golf course and in doing his brackets on ESPN while things don't get better...

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:35 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
600 hours on the golf course
400 hours spent in economic meetings
Fact


Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:36 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3895
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Just because he's the President doesn't mean he's a machine. Everyone deserves free time.


Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:41 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 6202
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Rich wrote:
He's had a lot of practice on the golf course and in doing his brackets on ESPN while things don't get better...


Thanks. I was going to mention his televised bracket picks on ESPN.

Typical politician.


Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21975
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
IamPZ wrote:
Just because he's the President doesn't mean he's a machine. Everyone deserves free time.


Yes, but to play more golf than any of his predecessors in less time while the economy is a mess?

Are you ok with that?

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
I'm just happy his Bears lost and Miami won!

This article is a silly one. Anytime a president makes a speech or interview he is given notes or prepared by one of his staffers. Obama probably knew that the Dolphins were winless in preseason because he got a quick stat sheet from someone five minutes before the interview.

Just because Obama chooses to interview and speak at different venues than his predecessors doesn't mean he isn't working. It was his alternative methods that won him the last election. Obama showing that he's a sports guy is just his way of showing that he's a human. It's his way of relating to the public. I'd even bet that he has one of his staffers prep his ESPN NCAA Tournament bracket as well.

This thread just proves that Dolphins football and politics don't mix.


Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:21 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21975
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
wkloiber13 wrote:
It was his alternative methods that won him the last election.


You mean promising everyone everything without providing specifics?

Yeah, that's never been done before. :hithead:

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
It was his alternative methods that won him the last election.


You mean promising everyone everything without providing specifics?

Yeah, that's never been done before. :hithead:


I was referring to forms of internet media and other forms of visual media.

Look, I'm not talking politics here brother, I'm talking about Dolphins football.

We got a big win this week. We smashed the Raiders. Next week we need to try and smash the Jets.

Obama's Bears meanwhile are figuring out it's going to be much harder to win in that division than just plugging in a couple of receivers.


Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:13 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21975
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
wkloiber13 wrote:
Look, I'm not talking politics here brother


In a thread about Obama... :)

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 7028
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
THis is the same Obama that got the most people on welfare and the Gov't nipple in everyone's face. Yeah, that Obama


Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9354
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
jammer wrote:
I was going to mention his televised bracket picks on ESPN.


How'd he do?

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21975
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Big Dave wrote:
jammer wrote:
I was going to mention his televised bracket picks on ESPN.


How'd he do?


His credit rating was downgraded twice....

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Look, I'm not talking politics here brother


In a thread about Obama... :)


No, in a thread about the Miami Dolphins and comments the president made about them.


Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9354
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: President Obama doesn't endear himself to Dolphins fans
Well, this thread lasted longer in the Dolphins forum than I thought it would. It looks like it was bumped into the politics forum, so, feel free to cheer or jeer your president.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.