View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Anyone else hoping... 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Anyone else hoping...
That this staff is holding something back because if the preseason is any indication, they're not going to beat anyone. Even our first team defense and offense struggled on the first series against Dallas backups. Seems to be no motivation or desire. They've looked flat all preseason. BTW, the turnstile at LT did it again. Let some guy come in untouched. I'm telling Houston is going to abuse him. We may need to keep 3 QBs on the roster.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:26 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Anyone else hoping...
I think we'll play much much better against Houston... but Tannehill is still gonna take a lot of licks.

Man I'm hoping this O-Line can keep him upright for at least a little while. Gotta pound the rock and take the pressure off.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
That this staff is holding something back because if the preseason is any indication, they're not going to beat anyone. Even our first team defense and offense struggled on the first series against Dallas backups. Seems to be no motivation or desire. They've looked flat all preseason. BTW, the turnstile at LT did it again. Let some guy come in untouched. I'm telling Houston is going to abuse him. We may need to keep 3 QBs on the roster.

Turnstile at LT? You mean RT right? But even at RT there hasn't been a turnstile this season. Martin has been our starter all along. He has struggled, but that's to be expected of a rookie. He'll have his ups and downs, all you can ask for is that the kid learns quickly and continues to get better each week. I think he will.
With regards to our staff holding something back, of course they are. Nobody shows their hand in preseason. We're out there running basic offensive and defensive plays. We're not throwing anything special at those teams. We're saving the good stuff for the regular season.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:40 pm

wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Turnstile at LT? You mean RT right? But even at RT there hasn't been a turnstile this season. Martin has been our starter all along. He has struggled, but that's to be expected of a rookie. He'll have his ups and downs, all you can ask for is that the kid learns quickly and continues to get better each week. I think he will.
With regards to our staff holding something back, of course they are. Nobody shows their hand in preseason. We're out there running basic offensive and defensive plays. We're not throwing anything special at those teams. We're saving the good stuff for the regular season.

Last night, he was a LT...and he was a turnstile...again. The guy has averaged giving up a sack a game. If you're keeping score, that is worse than last year's RT Columbo. So whatever adjectives you used last year to describe the horrible play at the RT position....apply that to Martin. I wish I could post the video. Les Brown would make a better LT.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Let me apologize...I re-watched the first quarter and Feinga was the turnstile playing LT. They shifted Martin there when it was obvious Feinga was a fish out of water.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:46 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

NFLJunkie wrote:

Look for us to come out passing first. Our offense is quick strike with quick decisions by the QB. That ought to neutralize the blitz somewhat. Then look for alot of draws and bubble screens to take advange of the over aggressive pass rush. (This is assuming our WR's can catch.) I wouldn't expect to see too much from our tightends with long out. We'll keep them in for protection. This should be a game for Reggie Bush to explode.

I'm no expert, but that is what I'd do. Offense is less of worry than defense. if Houston can run, that'll set up the pass, and Andre Johnson has been a Dolphin Killer.

Personally, I'd be happy with a loss that leaves RT healthy and confident. I'd love to turn the tables and beat Houston, but I don't see it happening.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]