View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Vontae Davis is a Colt! 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Vontae Davis is a Colt!
Quote:
Peter King

3. The Colts deal for Vontae Davis, and south Florida begins to say, "Wait 'til next year." In the aggressive, rush-heavy defense new Indy coach Chuck Pagano plays, the Colts need cover corners. Now they have one after Sunday's trade with the Miami Dolphins for Davis. Though the fourth-year veteran had fallen out of favor with the new staff in Miami, Pagano is likely to make him a poor man's Darrelle Revis, putting him on an island against the Andre Johnsons and Justin Blackmons on the Colts' schedule.

The Dolphins now have dealt two of their former stalwarts from the Tony Sparano regime, Brandon Marshall and Davis, and they'll have a rich draft (five picks in the first three rounds) in 2013 to show for it. Whether GM Jeff Ireland will be making those picks remains to be seen, but let me say this in his defense: Miami did well to get two third-rounders for Marshall, and if a devalued Davis were on the bench to start the season, Miami wouldn't have been able to get a second-rounder for him before the trading deadline.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z252wNJB9f

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:14 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The Dolphins now have dealt two of their former stalwarts from the Tony Sparano regime, Brandon Marshall and Davis,

Now we won't be SB contenders. Oh wait, we were losers with Marshall and Davis, that's right....I think we/media over value players.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:44 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Pagano is likely to make him a poor man's Darrelle Revis, putting him on an island against the Andre Johnsons and Justin Blackmons on the Colts' schedule.

And Davis will get torched, just like week 2 of last year. It will be a long year for the Colts with Davis island.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
And Davis will get torched, just like week 2 of last year. It will be a long year for the Colts with Davis island.

Bookmarking this one.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:53 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Bookmarking this one.

I'm sure you will. Don't worry, if I'm wrong, I'll be man enough to admit it because if you are right on a messageboard you win a bunch of prizes! lol. I'll stick by what I said regarding Davis. The new toast.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

5 draft picks in first 3 rounds. 50 million in cap space next year. Safe to say next offseason will be exciting.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:04 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Rock Sexton wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Bookmarking this one.

OK, but everytime he gets torched Mak and I get to throw it in your face as well,
See how that works?

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:25 am

hypocritex wrote:
5 draft picks in first 3 rounds. 50 million in cap space next year. Safe to say next offseason will be exciting.

that's what i was saying the other day. This will be sort of the gutting year for Philbin.
But next offseason he will get to aquire his core guys to put his stamp on this team.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

50M of cap because Jake Long and Reggie Bush are both FA's next year. Exciting? Sure... more like nervous breakdown.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:33 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
50M of cap because Jake Long and Reggie Bush are both FA's next year. Exciting? Sure... more like nervous breakdown.

We don't even know they're going to spend heavy. Philbin after all is this big proponent building the team thru the draft. He's said as much in the past.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:42 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
OK, but everytime he gets torched Mak and I get to throw it in your face as well,
See how that works?

Do whatever your little heart desires. I bought you this btw:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
See how that works?

Do whatever your little heart desires. I bought you this btw:

LOL.. sweet

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:53 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Ski_Money wrote:

Exactly. Long will take up 12'sh million of that, Hartline another 3-4, Bush is 50/50 at this point, but he'd be another 6'sh, Sean Smith is going to be 5-7 million per year, Starks is a 6'sh per year guy, all those draft picks need 6 million in room.....

That leaves maybe 5 million to spend on Free Agents...

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:55 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

See how that works?

Actually, I don't see how it works. I'm saying he will get torched. He will have an average inconsistant year just like when he was a fin. IF he has a probowl type year and our secondary sucks, I will be the 1st to admit that we made a mistake. Until then, I'll stick with my opinions regarding Vontae Davis. You and Rock have this little thing going on regarding throwing facts and I told you so's in each others face. Does it matter?

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Hartline another 3-4

Are you drink PR? lol I would give Hartline the vet min or can test the FA market, he has done nothing.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:59 am

Makchell wrote:
Hartline another 3-4

Are you drink PR? lol I would give Hartline the vet min or can test the FA market, he has done nothing.

James Jones got a little over 3 million per year when he resigned last year. I think Hartline's deal would be pretty similar. Heck, Robert Meachem got 6.5 million per year. A better player than Hartline, but the numbers suggest they should be paid similar amounts.

I don't think you can keep him for under 3/yr.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:23 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I don't think you can keep him for under 3/yr.

SOmeone else can have him then. I would take jones or Meacham over Hartline anyday.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:03 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
SOmeone else can have him then. I would take jones or Meacham over Hartline anyday.

I agree. Hartline has done about as much of nothing as he could have done. I like his hands & he makes some tough catches, but I believe the reason they are tough catches is because he has trouble getting separation.

Probably would take Meachem, but not Jones. Unless he shows he can actually catch a football & not drop 13% of his passes.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:24 am
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

Rock Sexton wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Bookmarking this one.

I'm with you Mak, he will face Blackmon and Johnson twice, Marshall, Jennings, C.Johnson, A.J. Green and Bowe, yikes!

Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:43 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
Hartline another 3-4

LOL, Mak. You tell it as you see it. I like that.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Hartline has done about as much of nothing as he could have done. I like his hands & he makes some tough catches, but I believe the reason they are tough catches is because he has trouble getting separation.

:awe:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:12 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Makchell wrote:
Hartline has done about as much of nothing as he could have done. I like his hands & he makes some tough catches, but I believe the reason they are tough catches is because he has trouble getting separation.

:awe:

Very true and if he ever gets over this injury, he'll easily be the best WR on the team this year. Another potential trade to Indy in about week six. Their third would go nicely with that 2nd they just sent us.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah....because the Dolphins have been using draft picks so well for the last several years....... :cry:

Our most notable players recently were not draft picks.....Wake, Bess, Bush, Marshall. Our high draft picks have not been impressive, and that is being generous.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Vontae traded to the colts for a 2nd round pick.
huffdawg115 wrote:
Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
RT @JayGlazer: I'm reporting the Colts have agreed to a trade for Fins CB Vontae Davis for 2nd rd pick

Quote:
The Miami Dolphins will not receive an additional sixth-round draft choice from the Indianapolis Colts in the trade for CB Vontae Davis. Davis did not play in 65 percent of the Colts' defensive plays during the regular season which would have given the Dolphins the sixth-round pick.

Not only that, but that 2nd will be in the bottom third of the 2nd Rd.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10