View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Tony Sparano says no to “diva receiva” 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Tony Sparano says no to “diva receiva”
Quote:
But why not add two dynamic, fast, tall, experienced, savvy…but sometimes toxic…. wide outs to the mix, giving Chad Henne a clear cut No. 1 option?
“I’ve been blessed that I have two running backs the caliber of Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams and both of these players never say boo when it comes to ‘I want one more carry than I have, or he wants one more carry than I have,’ or any of those types of things. So I’ve really been fortunate that way,” Sparano said, using his two Pro Bowl caliber tailbacks as an example.
“I have been on the other side of the pancake. I’ve been in situations where you’re with players who want the football and are calling for the ball. I think, to me, from the receivers standpoint, it’s a little bit more the nature of the position because they get fewer at bats during the course of ballgames. You can take that player away easier than you can take a running back away,” Sparano explains. “Their natural reaction to want the ball is not a bad thing, it’s a good thing. I’d rather have a receiver who wants the ball than one that’s trying to hide and get the hell out of the way. From that end, I don’t have that problem.
“Now there’s a line you can cross when you’re involved in that kind of situation and it becomes confrontational with the quarterback, or the coach, or any of those situations. That’s where it becomes disruptive a little bit,” Sparano added. “But from my end, those guys just want the football. I’d rather that want the ball and are hungry and have a passion for the ball

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Tony Sparano says no to “diva receiva”
Quote:
“Their natural reaction to want the ball is not a bad thing, it’s a good thing. I’d rather have a receiver who wants the ball than one that’s trying to hide and get the hell out of the way. From that end, I don’t have that problem.

:thinking:

Not really sure what the hell he said there...

Was that no, or yes..... It appears he says its good to want the ball...

Maybe rather than beat around the bush just say it outright that crying to the media about it the way TO does is a bad thing, but to want it is ok

:grin:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]