View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Paul Warfield: initial reaction to being traded to the Fins 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Paul Warfield: initial reaction to being traded to the Fins
Quote:
Q: What was your initial reaction when you were traded to the Dolphins?

PW: I didn’t anticipate it and it was somewhat of a blow to me because I didn’t know what to expect. So after pulling myself together, I was just adamant that I would take the approach and attitude that even though it was not a very good team, I had standards that I would just not fall away from. But several days later, a big announcement that was a positive one that made me feel better was that Don Shula had been lured away from Baltimore and had agreed become the head football coach, and I knew what his record was. So that was a positive sign. It was a bad team when I showed up to training camp and I’ve got to be candid and frank about that, but a tremendous amount of work went into reassembling that team and I’ve never been associated with a greater group of athletes who were determined to accept the approach by the new coach, which meant tremendously hard work because he had real things that he asked of these people to do to become a winner. The transformation from a losing image and a bad football team to a winning team was almost an overnight success, so it turned out to be one of the most rewarding experiences for me.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/phins ... l-warfield

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]