View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:03 pm



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
Report: Former University of Miami QB Jacory Harris invited to Dolphins mini-camp
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dol ... 31683.html
Quote:
Harris is a longshot to make the Dolphins' roster, but they're at least giving him another chance to show his abilities. The 6-foot-3, 203-pounder also threw for the Dolphins at the Hurricanes' pro day earlier this month.

If Harris does eventually sign with the Dolphins, he likely would compete with Pat Devlin for a spot on the practice squad.


Personally, I like the move to add Harris. He'd be a good guy to stash on the practice squad for a year and then move up to 3rd string after Moore and Garrard are gone. He's got the height and mobility you look for, he just needs time in the weight room to pack on the lbs and gain a little strength.


Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1132
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
They've already got four QB's on the roster, so I they'll sign him. He's probably being invited because they need another guy to throw balls.

_________________
Image


Tue May 01, 2012 2:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:46 pm
Posts: 226
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
I watched a lot of Hurricane games. I wouldn't touch this kid with a ten foot pole. He's a turnover machine.

I wish Miami would have signed Kellen Moore. He may be short at 6' tall. He doesn't have great arm strength ( sound like anyone we know ? aka Chad Pennington )

But the kid is a winner and deadly accurate. He completed 74% of his passes. I think Miami let one get away.


Tue May 01, 2012 2:35 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3660
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
No doubt to boost the confidence of the secondary.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Tue May 01, 2012 3:16 am
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:15 pm
Posts: 19
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
He was invited to be a ball boy


Tue May 01, 2012 5:18 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5154
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
Camp fodder.

_________________
Image


Tue May 01, 2012 5:21 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:13 pm
Posts: 359
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
Only significant because we know his name...

_________________
305sportsblog.blogspot.com

Image


Tue May 01, 2012 6:29 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20624
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
wkloiber13 wrote:
Personally, I like the move to add Harris. He'd be a good guy to stash on the practice squad for a year and then move up to 3rd string after Moore and Garrard are gone. He's got the height and mobility you look for, he just needs time in the weight room to pack on the lbs and gain a little strength.


Seriously have you watched Jacory Harris play? Mobility? That's laughable.

He has no arm or mobility and he is a twig and forces passes down the field with his noodle arm into triple coverage.

I'll be surprised if he makes any roster or practice squad. Another player that Randy Shannon ruined.

_________________
Image


Tue May 01, 2012 9:15 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5154
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
Rich wrote:
Seriously have you watched Jacory Harris play? Mobility? That's laughable.

He has no arm or mobility and he is a twig and forces passes down the field with his noodle arm into triple coverage.

I'll be surprised if he makes any roster or practice squad. Another player that Randy Shannon ruined.


He'd prolly be a better pickup in Week 13.

_________________
Image


Tue May 01, 2012 10:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Personally, I like the move to add Harris. He'd be a good guy to stash on the practice squad for a year and then move up to 3rd string after Moore and Garrard are gone. He's got the height and mobility you look for, he just needs time in the weight room to pack on the lbs and gain a little strength.


Seriously have you watched Jacory Harris play? Mobility? That's laughable.

He has no arm or mobility and he is a twig and forces passes down the field with his noodle arm into triple coverage.

I'll be surprised if he makes any roster or practice squad. Another player that Randy Shannon ruined.


Well it all depends on what our staff thinks of him. Some guys are better pros than college players. Depending on what our staff thinks of Devlin they might be willing to take a shot with Harris. Who knows, maybe the kid could really benefit from having top tier coaches working with him. Our staff is known for being good with quarterbacks, maybe they can turn him around.
While I know Harris is a pocket passer, that doesn't mean he is completely immobile. The guy ran a decent 40 time, nothing amazing, but good enough for quarterback standards. He also displayed good athletic ability at the combine. What he lacks I think can be cured with good coaching and some time in the weight room.
But at the same time maybe your right. Maybe he's too far gone. But the only way to find out is by giving the kid a shot. Simply inviting him to camp means nothing. I don't think our staff will sign the kid unless he's worth it.


Tue May 01, 2012 1:32 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1233
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Personally, I like the move to add Harris. He'd be a good guy to stash on the practice squad for a year and then move up to 3rd string after Moore and Garrard are gone. He's got the height and mobility you look for, he just needs time in the weight room to pack on the lbs and gain a little strength.


Seriously have you watched Jacory Harris play? Mobility? That's laughable.

He has no arm or mobility and he is a twig and forces passes down the field with his noodle arm into triple coverage.

I'll be surprised if he makes any roster or practice squad. Another player that Randy Shannon ruined.


:awe: :awe: Amen Rich. Not only does he throw into triple coverage with a noodle arm, he usually does that late so the defense has plenty of time to pick it as well as set up blocks for the return.

_________________
Image


Tue May 01, 2012 1:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20624
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
wkloiber13 wrote:
While I know Harris is a pocket passer, that doesn't mean he is completely immobile. The guy ran a decent 40 time, nothing amazing, but good enough for quarterback standards. He also displayed good athletic ability at the combine. What he lacks I think can be cured with good coaching and some time in the weight room.


Dude, I don't care what he did at the combine. I saw almost every game he played in college. Whether it was against top competition or against crappy teams, Harris never got better.

_________________
Image


Tue May 01, 2012 2:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5115
Post Re: Jacory Harris Invited To Dolphins Mini-Camp
Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
While I know Harris is a pocket passer, that doesn't mean he is completely immobile. The guy ran a decent 40 time, nothing amazing, but good enough for quarterback standards. He also displayed good athletic ability at the combine. What he lacks I think can be cured with good coaching and some time in the weight room.


Dude, I don't care what he did at the combine. I saw almost every game he played in college. Whether it was against top competition or against crappy teams, Harris never got better.


Well we'll just have to wait and see. The kid is going to get his shot. If he fails or does good, I won't be surprised either way.


Tue May 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], phinsfanmel and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.