Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Practice Report and More
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:57 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Quote:
-- Philbin said instead of drafting a 345 lb O-lineman they would prefer a 315 lber who doesn't get as much push, but gets a lot of pull.

-- Joe Philbin said the draft will be Ireland's domain, but the coaches have given insight to the scouting department for what they need.
Get the latest Miami Dolphins news, scores and analysis with the Sun Sentinel's FREE iPhone and Android app. Download it today

-- "Today I noticed a couple of times he plays the game fast, the right way," Philbin on Jimmy Wilson."He has a physical component to his game"

-- "Hopefully we'll be a sound, smart and tough offense. I'll let you guys figure out a name for it," Joe Philbin said.

-- Joe Philbin said the first two weeks the Dolphins had 98% attendance. Said he wasn't very concerned about Cameron Wake's absence.

-- After watching this team today there's 3 CLEAR and OBVIOUS needs. Pass rusher (no Wake), pulling guard, and deep threat receiver.

-- I can see the vision for Charles Clay, or whoever the H-back of this offense is. Fantasy sleeper.

-- Best receivers on the field today were Davone Bess, Roberto Wallace and then Legedu Naanee.

-- Reshad Jones pulled off an interception at the end of practice, during 11-on-11.

-- "I want to be a mentor as much as I can to Matt and Pat. If I'm not the guy I want to give my knowledge to Matt (Moore)," Garrard said.

-- David Garrard said he loves the playbook, and it fits into his talents.

-- "I'm trying to get the playbook down. Whenever you are a half second off it makes the pass look bad," David Garrard said.

-- David Garrard was surprised at the amount of Miami media here for a mini camp. I had to explain to him this isn't Jacksonville.

-- "You just want to play well when you're out there. There is definitely a fire to play well," Matt Moore said.

-- "By the definition of the offense it really spreads the ball around a lot," Matt Moore said. "There are a lot of quick throws."

-- "We're learning the basics. We're crawling before we walk," Matt Moore said of the Dolphins offense.

-- "As a player you're constantly striving to get better and learn as quick as I can," Matt Moore said. "It is a production based business."

-- I'm gonna have to give day 1 to David Garrard

-- Cornerback Vontae Davis has joined the rehab group.

-- Tyrell Johnson has a nice backpedal. He moves his feet well.

-- And just in case you were wondering, Cameron Wake isn't here.

-- Jared Cook working as a center. The Dolphins could/should do better.

-- Jared Odrick and Karlos Dansby continue doing their rehab assignment during individual work.

-- It appears Dolphins WR Brian Hartline is now sitting out the afternoon session. He participated in the morning.

-- Daniel Thomas' upper body looks a bit bigger. He now looks like the big physical back Miami drafted last year.

-- Richard Marshall looks like he's the exact same height and size of Vontae Davis. He's not small.

-- Artis Hicks is listed as a tackle and working there.

-- CFL RB import Jerome Messam, who is listed as a tailback, is a BIG BOY. But he moves well.

-- Veteran cornerback Jonathan Wade has taken No. 25.

-- Linebacker Jamaal Westerman is doing his work with the defensive linemen.

-- The only Dolphin who skipped the voluntary minicamp is Cameron Wake, who has requested a new contract.

-- David Garrard is a lot bigger - thicker - than I expected. He's listed at 6-1, 235.

-- Kevin Burnett is working as the primary inside linebacker with Karlos Dansby sidelined.

-- Karlos Dansby is not participating in camp. He's doing rehab work on the side.

-- Jared Odrick is not participating in camp. He's doing some rehab work.

-- Dolphins pass rusher Cameron Wake is not at the VOLUNTARY mini camp.

-- Dolphins ILB Kevin Burnett, who had a knee scoped this offseason, is participating in the minicamp. Not sure to what level.

-- New Dolphins safety Tyrell Johnson is wearing No. 26.

-- Former hoops players turned accountant turned TE Les Brown is wearing No. 87. He's 6-foot-4, 238 pounds.

-- CFL import Jerome Messam is listed as a 6-4, 248 pound tailback for the Dolphins. Seriously?

-- Dolphins receiver Legedu Naanee has taken the infamous No. 19.

-- Dolphins QB David Garrard is wearing No. 9.

-- Dolphins TE Charles Clay has changed his number to 42.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 0867.story

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:03 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I am really interested in seeing (RB) Jerome Messam in pre-season if he makes the team.

Am I the only one who believes that Jimmy Wilson will be starting at safety this season? Last year he stood out in training camp; he also played solid in the regular season when he was in the game. He's already catching Joe Philbin's eye.

The two safety spots will be up for grabs this season and will be fun to see who impresses most and wins the starting jobs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Wondering if Messam becomes a goal-line / short yardage back. Fantasy sleeper, anyone?

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]