View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
 Getting a little concerned !! Again... 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Getting a little concerned !! Again...
Keep hearing about the many teams that are making some serious moves to make their team better (Jets). Once again the Dolphins havn't done nothing but sign a very questionable ILB. The Jets have killed the free agency market. This is starting to happen too much every year fellow phin fans !! What is up now ? Is Ross concentrating on signing more celebrities for the circus he has already created ?

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:43 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Post Re: Getting a little concerned !! Again...
a questionable ILB?

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:16 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

MTFan wrote:
a questionable ILB?

Yeah.. what is questionable about a guy who CONSISTENTLY performs?

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:18 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

complaints about celebrity owners? This sounds familiar...

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TheBigFish wrote:

Yeah, certainly not a "newbie"

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:16 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iowafin wrote:
TheBigFish wrote:

Yeah, certainly not a "newbie"

What are u talking about !

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:48 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Karlos Dansby is one of the better ILB in the game and he 28 years old. There is nothing questionable about that signing.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Questionable?

No, the play of our ILBs LAST year was "questionable."

Celebrity owners? Who cares? Unless JLo is gonna play tight end for us, I'm apathetic. :grin:

As for our "inactivity", don't mistake style for substance. The offseason is young.

If you want to follow a team who's owner goes out and signs every available big name, follow the Redskins.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Quote:
Celebrity owners? Who cares? Unless JLo is gonna play tight end for us, I'm apathetic

C'mon lets get serious here. Anyone can see she is a wide receiver.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:37 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

FINesse wrote:
Quote:
Celebrity owners? Who cares? Unless JLo is gonna play tight end for us, I'm apathetic

Haha yikes...

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
Quote:

ya no doubt.... after twins tight end doesn't apply!..

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:22 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

LA Fins Fan wrote:
Keep hearing about the many teams that are making some serious moves to make their team better (Jets). Once again the Dolphins havn't done nothing but sign a very questionable ILB. The Jets have killed the free agency market. This is starting to happen too much every year fellow phin fans !! What is up now ? Is Ross concentrating on signing more celebrities for the circus he has already created ?

Parcells and co aren't trying to make headlines, keep sports "journalists" employed, or help you sleep at night. They're methodically building a football team. If you're worried about the lack of big name signings do some research and see which of the big name signings have worked out over the last 5 years. Perhaps you can define "big name" by how many articles were written at the time or the size of the contract. I suggest you start with Javon Walker to Oakland or David Boston to the Chargers.

The moves that work long term are generally measured and unspectacular. Let the other guys gorge themselves on famous names. That strategy doesn't work.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:06 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

A friend of mine told me about this site. He also told me to watch out for some of the people on this site, cause all they always become defensive and ridicule unfavorable but truthful writiings about the Dolphins. This is a perfect example of this.

When Dansby was signed, there were many people that were in doubt . ESPN writers also said that this signing was a band aid for not signing Wilfork.

We need W/R's, we havnt done nothing. We need a stronger secondary, we havnt done nothing. The Jets have scored big on their signings so far. Why are they so active compared to us? We are not going to stand a chance against the Jets this year unless the organization get off their butt and start signing some big names ! Our passing game wont stand a chance playing against a secondary lie Cromarte and Rivas, especially with our "Questionable" passing game !!

Ok, lets here the degrading responses now !

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:14 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

LA Fins Fan wrote:
A friend of mine told me about this site. He also told me to watch out for some of the people on this site, cause all they always become defensive and ridicule unfavorable but truthful writiings about the Dolphins. This is a perfect example of this.

Understand that my mods and I try to balance freedom with moderating, but I have never seen anyone bashed for writing a "unfavorable but truthful" observation. All ideas are tested and bullcrap is called for what it is.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

k-dash wrote:
Celebrity owners? Who cares? Unless JLo is gonna play tight end for us, I'm apathetic. :grin:

Hey, Bar Refaeli would make the perfect celebrity owner;)

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:41 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

LA Fins Fan wrote:

When Dansby was signed, there were many people that were in doubt . ESPN writers also said that this signing was a band aid for not signing Wilfork.

We need W/R's, we havnt done nothing. We need a stronger secondary, we havnt done nothing. The Jets have scored big on their signings so far. Why are they so active compared to us? We are not going to stand a chance against the Jets this year unless the organization get off their arse and start signing some big names ! Our passing game wont stand a chance playing against a secondary lie Cromarte and Rivas, especially with our "Questionable" passing game !!

No doubt, there are some hard-hitting no-bull tell-you-like-they-see-it people here. Not for the thin-skinned. BUT... you are always welcome to share your opinion. If people think it lacks substance, they will call you out for it, so bring your "A" game. That applies in all the forums here, whether political, whatever.

What many of us have said to you in response to your post is that it's too early to judge the Dolphin's off-season at this point. That, my friend, is fact.

We need help at NT, FS, OLB and WR. But, we will not mortgage our future to get a player who is in decline (Boldin), a head case (Marshall) or just not good enough to warrant their asking price (either safety.)

We have a draft to go through, and plenty of time to bring in players who will help us. Remember, some of the most important pick-ups come at the END of free agency every year. Take a breath.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:54 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I just looked at our salary numbers and vomitted. If you need a good up-chuck, check out our salary for 2009 and the projected 2010. Will make you puke fo sho. Jason Allen and Tedd Ginn... omg.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Matt Williamson, a writer for ESPN's Scout liked the signing along with a lot of other sites. ILB was a big problem for Miami, and Dansby had 109 tackles in 2009. Channing Crowder and Akin Ayodele had 123 tackles combined last year.

As far as making up for Vince Wilfork, Miami never had a chance to sign Wilfork because New England put the franchise tag on him, and they just recently resigned Wilfork to a big deal.

This is the post from Williamson.

By Matt Williamson
Scouts Inc.
Archive Every Monday, Scouts Inc. takes a look at the major storylines to watch this offseason:

How does Karlos Dansby fit with the Dolphins?

[+] Enlarge
Fernando Medina-US PRESSWIRE
Karlos Dansby brings much-needed speed to Miami at inside linebacker.
As you would expect with the huge money Miami dished out, Dansby has a great chance to make a big impact on this defense. While he is very versatile and does a lot of things well, the assets Dansby really has going for him are his athleticism, range, speed and ability to make plays on third downs. Miami was very slow at the inside linebacker position last season and didn't have a player who could do anything close to what Dansby provides on passing downs. Miami's linebackers were very poor in coverage. If there is one concern about Dansby, it would be when teams run right at him. In the AFC East, you have to be a banger. The Bills, Patriots and especially the Jets are going to attack the middle of a defense. While I don't see Dansby as a liability in this regard, I also don't love him in this capacity. This concern will be compounded if the Dolphins are weak at nose tackle, which seems like a decent possibility. But overall, signing Dansby does make this defense -- which was very slow up the middle -- much better.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:41 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

cromartie was a trade not a FA. they also lost a safety as well.
still early, we will be ok.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Quote:
cause all they always become defensive and ridicule unfavorable but truthful writiings about the Dolphins

Please , have some thick skin. I would have been gone years ago after my first post if I had let it get to me.
I for one welcome unfavorable but truthful writings. If you are gonna say Tedd Ginn must go , at least back it up.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Quote:
cause all they always become defensive and ridicule unfavorable but truthful writiings about the Dolphins

Please , have some thick skin. I would have been gone years ago after my first post if I had let it get to me.
I for one welcome unfavorable but truthful writings. If you are gonna say Tedd Ginn must go , at least back it up.

He sucks, that's why. :soccer:

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:33 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

LA, if this makes you feel better, the Jets traded their 1400 yard back for a 700 yard back, and they aren't going after Brandon Marshall.

Quote:
Source: Jets Won't Go After Brandon Marshall
Sun Mar 14, 2010
www.ffmastermind.com

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the rumors about the New York Jets going after WR Brandon Marshall "have no legs," according to a source.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Less vomitting :)

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:58 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Ya know im the biggest bitcher when it comes to the off sesaon I always use too get mad cause miami didnt jump out and sign the big names, I remember when we signed J peezy it was x-mas for me, But see now i understand what the trifecta are doing and what it takes i mean i look at dallas when tuna was there coach who on that team was a big name signing no one except TO who was not his idea, now that team is not where they should be but thats not tunas fault he put the pieces there they blew it! ...anyway the point is bill understands how to build a team from the floor up starts inside on the line and build out thats what we did he is great in the draft and we will be great for the long term.....

And as far as there being bullys on here :grin: they are just like there to be something behind your postings and be able to back up what ya say, hell my first post i got Crucified like you would not beleive and i was just trying to pass along info but i got nailed to the wall but its cool they are passionate about there team and there forum so they dont want any BS on here dont get offened take it in stride...and you will be golden! :yay:

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FYI; don't cross Rich. :war: He takes no prisoners. Lol, all good advice.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:45 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

k-dash wrote:
FYI; don't cross Rich. :war: He takes no prisoners. Lol, all good advice.

most deff he is the one who put the first nails in my ass! so best advice :youwin:

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:55 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

LA Fins Fan wrote:
A friend of mine told me about this site. He also told me to watch out for some of the people on this site

I'm pretty sure he didn't tell you that your presence here is mandatory.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:35 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Rich wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:
A friend of mine told me about this site. He also told me to watch out for some of the people on this site

I'm pretty sure he didn't tell you that your presence here is mandatory.

Lmao!!! How fitting that this is just after the warning about Rich... greatness.

yeah but for real... I mean to come on here with all this "freaking out" about the Jets "cleaning out free agency" and us not going anywhere... and then you criticize the forum members because we don't agree with you???

C'mon now... We build through the draft, and have done this for 2 years already... You should be used to this by now.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:55 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Re: Getting a little concerned !! Again...
Yes, the Jets picked up Cromartie, but the other moves are "questionable".

Dansby is not questionable. He makes the D better. Do we need other pieces, yes, but we will likely not spend big in FA at this point. As it has been pointed out, many of the biggest impact FA signings happen late in the off season.

I don't think the Jets are running away with the prizes of the off season. They are picking up lots of grab bag items not knowing what's really inside. The leadership of the Dolphins now will make quality decisions at the right times.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

"could bring a foul smell to a rose garden"

Rich^

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:09 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Ski_Money wrote:

Rich^

Lets play nice guys.....Thanks

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:54 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

LA Fins Fan wrote:
We need W/R's, we havnt done nothing. We need a stronger secondary, we havnt done nothing. The Jets have scored big on their signings so far. Why are they so active compared to us? We are not going to stand a chance against the Jets this year unless the organization get off their arse and start signing some big names ! Our passing game wont stand a chance playing against a secondary lie Cromarte and Rivas, especially with our "Questionable" passing game !!

Okay...huh.
Well, let's start with the boldface part. The writing in question, which happened to infer that Dansby was a questionable ILB. He is the opposite, and was the top LB FA available, just as Peppers was the most coveted Pass Rusher, Rolle the most coveted S. We landed Karlos, done deal.
Rolle wanted more than what our regime thought he's worth, and offered apparently less to Clark, who resigned with Pittsburgh.
The staff went after the premier ILB and Ss available. We hit on one position, missed on the other. In fairness, criticism of this is not 'becoming defensive and ridiculing truthful writings'.

Now for the italicized part. Dansby is considered one of the most significant FA signings so far. NFL.com on Total access right now has a bracket for the overall best FA signing, and Dansby just edged out the Thomas Jones signing by KC. He is now competing against his former teammate Boldin (Ravens) for best signing in the AFC.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/09000d5d816f8461/Best-offseason-moves-Elite-eight
'There were many people in doubt' is not an accurate assessment of the Dansby signing in the minds of the experts.

Now for the underlined part. The Jets have signed an aging star to replace the best RB in the AFCE. The Jets have signed a problem-child DB to go with their problem-child Coach. It should be fun to listen to. They did this before with Vilma and Pennington for Favre and Pace. How is this 'hitting it big'?

LET ME STRESS I'm not mad or angry or ridiculing, just debating.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

pawfectgent wrote:

LET ME STRESS I'm not mad or angry or ridiculing, just debating.

Calm down Paw!!! The caps could be misleading.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Every free agent signing is questionable.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Hen wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

Rich^

Lets play nice guys.....Thanks

That is nice :ann0y:

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]