View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Reshad Jones 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Reshad Jones
Here's a link indicating that we are looking hard at Reshad Jones with our 3rd rd pick. I haven't seen him play but the scouting report looks promising. If we are indeed looking to take him 3rd, then you have to believe we're looking DT, OLB or WR with the 1st 2 picks, depending on what falls to us of course.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/953606.html

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:37 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Reshad Jones
I don't think anybody knows who Parcells is targeting or where. We weren't even remotely connected to Patrick Turner last season, and didn't even work him out...

Jones fits the mold of what we are looking for. He is raw in coverage though. From what I've seen, he is a hard hitter, fast, athletic....he's got the mold of a good 34 FS, but again, raw in coverage. I would think he would be a consideration as well because he has the versatility to play SS, so he would essentially be YB's back-up as well.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:03 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

With me being a big UGA fan, I have seen a lot of Reshad. It think that he is a safety that gets overlooked when looking at this draft class of safety's. the guy comes up BIG in critical moments of games. besides being redshirted his freshman year, the guy was a starter since joining the bulldogs, which is saying a lot because the UGA relies heavily on the play of their safety. Coming from an SEC team should say a lot as well, as the defenses in the SEC tend to be the best in college football and face some of the best offenses in college.

I still like Myron Rolle as well for consideration if targeting a safety in the 3rd-4th rounds of the draft.

PS....you've got to see the hit Reshad Jones puts on the QB from LSU in the second video @ 1:11!!!!!!!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:16 pm

1:11 is sick...

He plays with a vengeance. He has a natural hate for the other team. I like it. He reminds me of Ryan Clark.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I forgot about him seeing as how Georgia's defense got plastered this last season.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:47 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Iowafin wrote:
I forgot about him seeing as how Georgia's defense got plastered this last season.

Got love for Bobby Sanders though. Went to my highschool's rival (Cathedral Prep, in Erie, PA (played rb)). He is the only one to make it to the pros from my hometown that went to Iowa, but other starters that were from my hometown that went to Iowa include Ed Hinkle (tied Iowa bowl record with two touchdown receptions) and Jovon Johnson (ranks third in career interceptions @ Iowa with 17).

anyways, how much draftable defensive talent is coming from Iowa??? hmmm........

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:46 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Project86JLL13 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Got love for Bobby Sanders though. Went to my highschool's rival (Cathedral Prep, in Erie, PA (played rb)). He is the only one to make it to the pros from my hometown that went to Iowa, but other starters that were from my hometown that went to Iowa include Ed Hinkle (tied Iowa bowl record with two touchdown receptions) and Jovon Johnson (ranks third in career interceptions @ Iowa with 17).

anyways, how much draftable defensive talent is coming from Iowa??? hmmm........

Considering the only seniors from last year's group are AJ Edds and Pat Angerer, 100% of the Hawkeyes entering the draft this year, 3 total, are draftable...and most likely all gone by the 5th round.

Unless you were talking about the state itself, in which case only Angerer is from Iowa. I'm not sure how this relates to the thread though.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:53 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Project86JLL13 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Got love for Bobby Sanders though. Went to my highschool's rival (Cathedral Prep, in Erie, PA (played rb)). .......

Off topic, but i went to General McLane in Edinboro. Which school were you from, Cathedral Prep, Academy, or another?

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

i went to mcdowell

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]