View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Zach Thomas wants Fins to go after B.Marshall 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Zach Thomas wants Fins to go after B.Marshall
Zach Thomas advocating for B. Marshall. I agree.

That's what we must consider on Thursday, following former Miami Dolphins LB Zach Thomas' appearance on WQAM, per the Miami Herald. During the interview, Thomas was asked what he'd tell Bill Parcells if the Dolphins president asked him whether he should go after Marshall. "Yes," Thomas replied. "Do it now before anybody else changes their mind."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Zach Thomas wants Fins to go after B.Marshall
To bad Zach aint the VP of football ops or GM. I'm still a fan of getting Marshall. But we'll see what happens, maybe were trying to work out a deal and maybe give them a pick this year or next years 1st. Which would be cool with me because I think we'll be drafting at the #32 spot next year. hahahhaha. let me live my off season fantasies.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:18 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Wow I personally don't like Marshall but love me some ZT. & if he ever played Offense, I would listen to him

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:23 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

he has played more football than anybody on this board, would listen whether he is offense or defense

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

....at least Zach seems to understand the game of football in 2010..... :yay:

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I agree zach...but if he gets outta line ya gotta knock him back in bud! :hithead:

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:23 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Zach must not have saw that 13 minute video posted a few threads over....

Once he sees that, surely he will change his mind :fart:
-

I know what the need is and I could care less what the guys name is, as long as he is a WR and has mad skillz

As far as our FO goes, do some research, Ireland has addressed the WR need all off season. They know we need it, just looking for the right fit I suppose

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:50 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

If it were your sister or your mother that Brandon Marshall had been beating up on, would you want to pay him a $10mill contract?

Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:54 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

My sister, yeah sure... My Mom, nah I'd have to take care of that myself tho....
-
But I would need more than a piece on 60 minutes & some dropped charges and dismissed cases for proof of anything..

Here is a good example of how far people can stretch the truth

Quote:
Gonzalez's false accusations lead to a 20-year prison sentence for Bronx construction worker William McCaffrey. That conviction was overturned late last year after Gonzalez underwent a religious conversion and admitted she made up the story.

Not everything your read in the paper and see on tv is necessarily true...

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:00 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

10acjed wrote:

Multiple accusations from multiple women make me lean towards guilty. Combined with his other run ins with law the guy has trouble written all over him.

10acjed wrote:
My sister, yeah sure... My Mom, nah I'd have to take care of that myself tho....

I'm not even touching that one.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

joeschmoe wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Multiple accusations from multiple women make me lean towards guilty. Combined with his other run ins with law the guy has trouble written all over him.

10acjed wrote:

Has it been Multiple woman? I thought it was his long time girlfriend that he has always had the issues with. They no longer are together so maybe it wont be a issue anymore.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:49 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm sure it was a question in an interview and Zach thought the Dolphins could use a game-breaking receiver. I am sure that Zach has not done any research into anything, but it's good to see that he wants the Fins to succeed.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:11 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Still not sure why we keep bringing up Marshall. Miami is not going to pay a first round price tag for the guy. If this were 2007 and Al Davis was dangling him for a 4th round pick ala Randy Moss to the Patriots, then I could see the Trifecta giving the kid a one year shot to prove he is a team player.

The Dolphins had a shot at Boldin, Bryant, Owens, and every RFA and so far have passed (lets also include Edwards and Bowe at the trading deadline last year). History shows when this group sees someone they think will make a difference they move hard and fast to get him. If they thought Marshall was the missing piece then Denver would be sitting with both the 11th and 12th picks in the draft already and Seattle would not be currently mulling over whether to deal for him.

I think we need to realize that perhaps they are content with the current veterans and will try to build through the draft. Dont be shocked to see nothing earlier than a 3rd rounder spent on a guy who can stretch the field. I think they are going to take their chances on Hartline cotinuing to develop and Turner to hopefully develop into the big possession target (if he cant produce when the bullets fly he will share the same fate as Shawn Murphy).

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:29 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

joeschmoe wrote:

10acjed wrote:

Ahh, so you know my sister huh :ann0y:

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:04 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

joeschmoe wrote:

That's horrible logic. This country is built on a fair justice system...innocent until proven guilty. Your logic makes Big Ben guilty, even though there is no evidence of him doing anything.

Accusations mean nothing without enough evidence to prosecute.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:54 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

That's horrible logic. This country is built on a fair justice system...innocent until proven guilty. Your logic makes Big Ben guilty, even though there is no evidence of him doing anything.

I'm leaning towards BigBen being guilty too. I'm not accusing him, just saying it doesn't look good.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

joeschmoe wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

I'm leaning towards BigBen being guilty too. I'm not accusing him, just saying it doesn't look good.

Of course it doesn't look good, but it doesn't mean he's guilty. It's completely unfair to think that a guy is guilty based on an accusation.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:03 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:
Of course it doesn't look good, but it doesn't mean he's guilty. It's completely unfair to think that a guy is guilty based on an accusation.

Not really, stop putting yourself in stupid situations and you won't be portrayed in a negative light. You have to ask yourself, what the hell is a 2 time Super Bowl champion doing partying with college kids in a small Georgia town??

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

joeschmoe wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Not really, stop putting yourself in stupid situations and you won't be portrayed in a negative light. You have to ask yourself, what the hell is a 2 time Super Bowl champion doing partying with college kids in a small Georgia town??

He's a 28 year old bachelor...he brought friends and Pittsburgh police and body guards. It's not like he was lurking around stalking women. The bar owners have said he was just there having a good time with some friends...
Then this woman up and claims he sexually assaulted her. For all you know, she saw him and thought it'd be a great opportunity to get some money for the guy because he was into her friend instead of her.
You don't know people's motives, so without the evidence and knowledge of the situation I think you have to ask YOURself, what am I doing judging people?

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:19 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Quote:
One patron at the bar on Friday night, 21-year-old college student Brandon Harris, said he saw Roethlisberger come in the night before with two or three big men who were keeping other club goers away. Harris said the group went into a curtained VIP area in the back of the club, and some women were let inside.

Amber Hanley, a 21-year-old college student, said she and a few friends were also in the VIP area with Roethlisberger. She said she asked the quarterback to take a photo with her friend, who was a fan, but he seemed disappointed that’s all she wanted. Hanley said she rolled her eyes, and Roethlisberger called her an expletive and walked away. Later, Roethlisberger was aggressively hitting on another girl, Hanley said.

Deputy Police Chief Richard Malone said Friday that Roethlisberger had been with three other people who were mingling with another group that included the alleged victim. Malone said the woman and her party contacted a nearby police officer following the alleged assault.

He sounds like a assclown if you ask me. Why Milledgeville? He's a millionaire for christ sake, and he's clubbin at tiny college bars in the middle of nowhere?

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

So now you're judging him based on where he hangs out with his friends? Who's the assclown here?

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:37 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:
So now you're judging him based on where he hangs out with his friends? Who's the assclown here?

No I'm judging him on his 2 sexual assault cases that are currently under investigation. There's no need to get offensive here.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:40 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joeschmoe, you have your opinion on the guy and that is fine.

But from everything I hear, these cases, especially the last one, is absolute BS. Ben is not that type of guy. And you're also quoting her side of the story...

Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]