View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Clark re-signs with Steelers 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Clark re-signs with Steelers
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Steelers-resign-Ryan-Clark.html

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:42 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Clark re-signs with Steelers
I saw that a few moments ago. I like Clark, but I like Atogwe more and I hope Miami get's in contact with him.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:44 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Well now it looks like they have to :D It's funny, I thought they seemed pretty close after his statements.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:59 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

I m not upset that Clark resign with Steelers...I believe BP and Ireland got a plan...do you fans think maybe they should try Jason Allen at FS?? he got speed and tackle very well...what do yall think??

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:02 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

finfever33 wrote:
I m not upset that Clark resign with Steelers...I believe BP and Ireland got a plan...do you fans think maybe they should try Jason Allen at FS?? he got speed and tackle very well...what do yall think??

I think HELL NO! Jason Allen is a good special teams player and nickle corner, that's about it. We need to draft a safety. I'm glad we didn't sign Clark, he is 30 and plays just like Bell. We don't need 2 Yeremiah Bell's.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:15 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'd like to see Allen back at FS. I think he can work out there and I think if they assign him to that role right now, he can work this off-season on the academic side of things so that when training camp starts he is ready to put this knowledge into action.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:40 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

MdDolfan wrote:

I think HELL NO! Jason Allen is a good special teams player and nickle corner, that's about it. We need to draft a safety. I'm glad we didn't sign Clark, he is 30 and plays just like Bell. We don't need 2 Yeremiah Bell's.
How would you know if he was a bad safety or not? When he played there he has done well. The fact coaches continue to try & force a square peg into a round hole has prevented him from playing there. Allen at FS would turn out to be a quality move.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:44 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I hope they're blowing up Atogwe's phone before somebody else does.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:50 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Dphins4me wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:

How would you know if he was a bad safety or not? When he played there he has done well. The fact coaches continue to try & force a square peg into a round hole has prevented him from playing there. Allen at FS would turn out to be a quality move.

Eh???? Jason Allen was drafted to play FS, and 3 regimes have now attempted to play him there, yet he is always moved back to back-up corner. I would be curious to know why you think nobody will play him at safety.

There is a reason that our last first round picks before Parcells arrived are still two of the positions we need most (WR and FS). Because those picks did not pan out. Jason Allen has shown a tremendous ability to make open-field tackles, but there's more to FS than that.

At least it comes in hand on teams though.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

markcalius wrote:
Jason Allen was drafted to play FS, and 3 regimes have now attempted to play him there

Wrong.

Saban switched him from safety to corner in the middle of his rookie camp. He never got a chance to compete at safety while Saban was here. He saw Allen as a corner. This regime also switched him to corner.

The funny thing is that when Allen actually gets on the field he plays fairly well.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:26 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

joeschmoe wrote:

Rams will simply match the offer.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

Rams will simply match the offer.

Not if there is a poison pill.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:33 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Allen must suck in practice or not be liked by some coaches because when he's in games he makes the athletic plays that have you questioning why he doesn't get more time

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Steve Zissou wrote:
Allen must suck in practice or not be liked by some coaches because when he's in games he makes the athletic plays that have you questioning why he doesn't get more time

Yup.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:40 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Rich wrote:

Not if there is a poison pill.
Don't see Miami operating that way. Plus I believe there is a reason we have not seen a poison pill contract since the '07 season ( I think it was )

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:10 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

Yup.

I'm with you guys. I haven't seen JA play bad as some posters here say he has. He did a fantastic job against Welker when he got the opportunity last year.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:17 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Steve Zissou wrote:

He's just empty between the ears. I sometimes wonder if he has a mental disorder or if he is just dumb.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:43 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

finfever33 wrote:
.I believe BP and Ireland got a plan..

Yep, but they are down to Plan C now.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:48 am
Profile WWW
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

joeschmoe wrote:

He's just empty between the ears. I sometimes wonder if he has a mental disorder or if he is just dumb.
Basis for this?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:19 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

joeschmoe wrote:

Post like this sorta piss me off. Saying a guy has a mental disorder or he is just dumb? I'd like to see some of us try to remember our roles in these elaborate schemes these guys have to deal with, then have the mental & physical capability to react on what our job is in that role in a fraction of a second. I'd be willing to bet none of us could handle it.

Have you ever met the guy? Do you know him personally? What standards are you holding his knowledge or his mental capabilities to? Did you personally see him fail some type of test given to him to prove how smart he was? Have you spoken with him and seen signs of him being mentally slow?
:hithead:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:55 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

lol in fact I did meet him at training camp, albeit he was just signing autographs. Watch his interviews, its widely known that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm not saying he has a mental disorder, I'm just wondering if that may be. I'm not talking football smarts either, I'm talking just plain normalness, he doesn't seem so normal.

He scored an 11 on the Wonderlic test.

Remember his interview after he was 'sick' last season? I'd find the video if I could, but videos are blocked here at work..

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:10 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Quote:
"What it came down to was the inability for us to agree on a deal," Clark told Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver. "[The Dolphins] offered what they thought was fair, but in the end I didn't agree."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/10/would-be-safeties-say-fins-were-playing-it-too-safe-financially/

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:22 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Coots wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

Post like this sorta piss me off. Saying a guy has a mental disorder or he is just dumb? I'd like to see some of us try to remember our roles in these elaborate schemes these guys have to deal with, then have the mental & physical capability to react on what our job is in that role in a fraction of a second. I'd be willing to bet none of us could handle it.

Have you ever met the guy? Do you know him personally? What standards are you holding his knowledge or his mental capabilities to? Did you personally see him fail some type of test given to him to prove how smart he was? Have you spoken with him and seen signs of him being mentally slow?
:hithead:

:bravo2:

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

joeschmoe wrote:
he doesn't seem so normal.

What is normal?

Besides, I don't like your attitude about what you perceive to be a mental disorder.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]