View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Shaun rogers anyone????? 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Shaun rogers anyone?????
man oh man, rogers wass a beast here in detroit,,,,when he wanted to be-lol. obviously still has big talent & just read on pft that the browns may wanna move him

Report: Browns could trade Shaun Rogers
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 7, 2010 8:47 AM ET
The Cleveland Browns have already traded one defensive lineman this off-season, shipping Corey Williams to the Detroit Lions. Could they trade another?

Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that they could and Shaun Rogers could be gone.

Pluto doesn't name a source for the report, but writes that the Browns' coaching staff dislikes Rogers' tendency to freelance, rather than cover the area he is assigned.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:40 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Shaun rogers anyone?????
Depends on the asking price.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:47 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Re: Shaun rogers anyone?????
Now why would a talent-starved team such as the Browns want to get rid of Rogers? This is just what the Trifecta likes ... undisciplined players;)

PFT wrote:
Pluto doesn't name a source for the report, but writes that the Browns' coaching staff dislikes Rogers' tendency to freelance, rather than cover the area he is assigned.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ?related=1

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

,,,,,of course askin price is a huge factor & there are some negs to rogers,,,,but he is talented and would fill i GIGANTIC need!

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

It will be interesting to see what the asking price is for Shaun. He may be undisciplined from time to time, but he is also a dominant NT. He is one of those rare NT that can get pass rush pressure up the middle and get sacks with 35.5 sacks and a career high 7 sacks in 2007.

That being said, Shaun will be 31 years old in a few days, so that is something to take into consideration also.

Last edited by phinsfansc on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:17 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

if they end up trading a pick, such as a third of fourth, im gonna be pretty angry that they didnt just use that pick to trade for quan.. i would much rather have anquan than shaun rogers, because of all his off the field problems, but i would be happy if they could get him for their fifth round pick
(doubt tat the browns would do that)
on the other hand, if they got rogers , i probably wouldnt even think about... what couldve been. i would just be happy that they filled a much anticipated hole

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:53 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i see that point, but yes, if they could get him for a 4, i think id be all over it! would be nice to be able to concentrate on other areas of need

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:40 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Stop this "we could of had Quan for a 4th". I'm glad we didn't.

Boldin is getting older and often injured. He has lost a step. If Miami would have traded for him, giving up a 3rd and 4th and $, we would have been complaining when he misses 6-8 games next year. Good player but not worth 2 mid round picks in a deep draft. He is not the only piece.

This team needs to get younger.

No trading for anybody over 30. That pick can always be used for a 22 year old that can be developed.

We are trying to build a powerhouse and that happens with youth and depth.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:51 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Nothing can be done in regards to Anquan Boldin, he is now property of the Ravens and the Phins have a need at NT. Even if Jason did come back, I would have put a NT in the draft for them and I still will probably.

The Browns drafted Atubya Rubin, a kid I was high on a few years ago out of Iowa State and feel good about him, and he is 23 years old, so the Browns could be looking to give the young kid a chance and get something for a player that can bring something.

A 4th for Rodgers is something I would probably do. Also, the team got younger with acquiring Dansby and the Dolphins already have the 7th youngest team in the league and WILL get even younger with the draft.

The NT position needs to be addressed and they still can draft another young NT and hope that Soliai continues to develop.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:56 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No. He's lazy and isn't any good. He's been bounced from the Lions to the Browns and now the Browns don't want him...if he can't make it on those terrible teams, what make you think he'll be any good in Miami.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:37 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Iowa.....He wasn't "bounced out" because he sucked....Rodgers is a premiere player in the NFL. But he also makes a lot of money, and inconsistent with his "listening" to authority. That said, he's a tremendous NT who still has plenty of years left in him.

He can play NT and DE in the 34, and is a 3-down DT. He's a run stuffer, and creates penetration on a consistent basis.

To me, from a physically dominating standpoint, he is not too far off from Albert Haynesworth.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
To me, from a physically dominating standpoint, he is not too far off from Albert Haynesworth.

:hithead:

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

From a physical talent standpoint, Rodgers is as talented as any NT in the league. The question always with Shaun has been his motor and keeping his weight in line. Seems to be a common theme in regards to weight as Hampton and Wilfork have those same issues.

It will be interesting to see were this head with Rodgers.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Tonelantern wrote:
Stop this "we could of had Quan for a 4th". I'm glad we didn't.

Boldin is getting older and often injured. He has lost a step. If Miami would have traded for him, giving up a 3rd and 4th and $, we would have been complaining when he misses 6-8 games next year. Good player but not worth 2 mid round picks in a deep draft. He is not the only piece.

This team needs to get younger.

No trading for anybody over 30. That pick can always be used for a 22 year old that can be developed.

We are trying to build a powerhouse and that happens with youth and depth.

Could not agree anymore. I'm glad that we didn't get Boldin, we need younger guys to build a team for years to come, not one and done. As far as for Shawn, hell he fills a position of need and he's not to shabby of a player. Rather take him than Jamaal, just because he is coming off injuries. So, if it wasnt for Ferg's suspension we would be in the same boat of having our #1 NT coming off of an injury

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]