View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Ok We Have Dansby...Now What?? Who Is Next? 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Ok We Have Dansby...Now What?? Who Is Next?
Do we still try to get rolle considering he has not officially signed but seems like Miami is not too worked up tryin to get him, Clark, Atogwe, or Bryant and since it is it reported that we may have intrest in Derrick Mason why dont we take a look at Torry Holt? he got released and he is younger than mason if we are looking for a mentor, which is what i would think mason would be, why not Holt?

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:11 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Ok We Have Dansby...Now What?? Who Is Next?
I pray those Mason rumors are FALSE!!! He is waaaaaaaaaaay too old....I'd rather sign Bryant.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:16 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

You can be sure they will turn their attention elsewhere now. I'd look for a Atogwe or Clark signing next. Don't think we will offer Rolle anymore then we already did considering what we just paid Dansby. Atogwe IMO, is a good option.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:19 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I would think we're still keeping tabs on Rolle, but Dansby was clearly the guy....Unless it's a solid deal for Miami, Rolle will be a Giant. NY lost out to us for Dansby, so they'll make Rolle their priority (if he wasn't already).

I think next is the draft. I can see us spending some money on another Free Agent...but reasonable money on a WR. I can't see us going after anybody else.

I think Dansby was the guy fromt he get-go...I think Parcells and Ireland are sitting back in their seats, very satsified right now, and next up will be concentrating on the draft.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Now we focus on getting a NT in the draft. If Williams is the best we need to get him or trade down and get Cody. We HAVE to get that monster in the middle, that is definitely the next priority.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NT is going to be a need....but as far as Cody, I dont know he just looks like a fat kid. I just hope he takes the NFL serious and doesnt just get fatter and lazy like JaMarcus

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:32 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

well cincy has put in a call for bryant

According to the team's website, the Bengals "appear" to have made a call to free agent Antonio Bryant.
Kevin Walter and Nate Burleson are off the market, so Bryant has easily moved to the top of the heap, ahead of 36-year-old Terrell Owens. Bryant, a true downfield threat with some size, would be a quality addition for Cincinnati.
Source: bengals.com

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:38 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

MIAcubano13 wrote:
NT is going to be a need....but as far as Cody, I dont know he just looks like a fat kid. I just hope he takes the NFL serious and doesnt just get fatter and lazy like JaMarcus

Based on his loss of weight coming into the combine I believe he will do what it takes. It was talked about how guys like wilfork and jenkins are fat, but thats what makes the guys great at that position, a rare combination of mass and technique.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

After signing Dansby, I like the idea of trading down and getting Mt. Cody. That NT is so important from what I gather(still trying to grasp all the different kinds of defenses :D) and now that the LB has been fortified it would be a good move. That or perhabs drafting a safety in the first round? Pat Kirwan on nfl.com has us drafting Earl Thomas at #12

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:01 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

are you guys kidding???? i dont want to waste a first round pick on a guy that is probably too fat to play but 2 downs... i dont wanna waste another first round pick on a trashy player like cody... mayb in the second round if they can snag him thatd be good, but a first round pick, would be terrible. i dont see why they dont just go for dez. as bad as his behavior is, he can really play WR and now that boldin is gone, we need a BIGGG time receiver

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:54 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I think we'll continue to be busy in free agency. We'll probably sign some less famous role players. I think we'll probably also either sign or have agreements with a WR, NT, and S at least by the time the draft rolls around.

If you draft to fill holes you get less than if you draft to acquire talent. I don't think the FO will rely on the draft to fill any critical starting positions (though I expect we will draft 2 or 3 starters)

Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:38 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I think the big priority now has to be a veteran WR. Please do not bring in Antonio Bryant or Derrick Mason. We need a go to guy. Bess is a slot guy, Camarillo is a possession receiver, Ginn is a kick returner at best, Hartline is young but has not developed into a number one yet. This probable means going out and trading for someone.

After that I think this team badly needs to resign Taylor and Ferguson for leadership as much for as what they can give you on the field. And look for young players in the draft that can be understudies to them.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:26 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

catman_56 wrote:
I think the big priority now has to be a veteran WR. Please do not bring in Antonio Bryant or Derrick Mason. We need a go to guy. Bess is a slot guy, Camarillo is a possession receiver, Ginn is a kick returner at best, Hartline is young but has not developed into a number one yet. This probable means going out and trading for someone.

Bryant is a go to guy & Miami is not trading for a Wr or Marshall would be coming to Miami already.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:02 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dphins4me wrote:
catman_56 wrote:

Bryant is a go to guy & Miami is not trading for a Wr or Marshall would be coming to Miami already.

I really hope you prove me wrong!

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:14 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

We will draft Dan Williams at 12, I see it as a done deal now, especially if Marshall goes to the Seahawks, that would give denver the 6th and the 11th overall picks in the draft and one of those would definitely be Dez Bryant, I see no one else we get there unless Berry falls hard which i Doubt, Earl Thomas is too much of an in the box safety and not big on coverage IMO

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:30 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Iceberg85 wrote:
We will draft Dan Williams at 12, I see it as a done deal now, especially if Marshall goes to the Seahawks, that would give denver the 6th and the 11th overall picks in the draft and one of those would definitely be Dez Bryant, I see no one else we get there unless Berry falls hard which i Doubt, Earl Thomas is too much of an in the box safety and not big on coverage IMO

Seattle will not give up the 6th pick for Marshall. They also own the Broncos 14th pick so if they sign Marshall which I think they will, then expect a trade to be worked out for the 14 pick.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:33 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

And then they still take Bryant at 11

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:52 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I still believe Marshall is worth the #12 pick overall. I would like to see Miami maybe trade down in the first, maybe gaining another 2nd or some other picks along with a lower 1st rounder. Then try and turn that new 1st into Marshall. Dont see it happening, but it sure would be great to have Henne tossing up TD's to Marshall.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:01 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

To be honest, i would not be surprised if we do not sign anyone else noteworthy

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:06 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Dphins4me wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:

Seattle will not give up the 6th pick for Marshall. They also own the Broncos 14th pick so if they sign Marshall which I think they will, then expect a trade to be worked out for the 14 pick.

yeah but because the 14th pick was from the broncos they have to give there pick being the 6th thats what i read something along those lines.

According to the Seattle Times, the Seahawks would send the No. 6 overall pick in the draft to Denver if they signed Brandon Marshall to a restricted free agent offer sheet.
The sides could always work out something different, but the direct offer-sheet compensation would be the 6th pick because Seattle acquired its other first-rounder (No. 14) via trade. It's unclear if the Broncos want to draft that high. The price of rookie contracts in the top-eight is exorbitant.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 93&id=3653

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Iceberg85 wrote:

I am thinking that your assesment of Earl Thomas might need to be reversed and imo he would be a great pick up for the Phins. Too many big plays were given up last year by the Phins secondary this kid has the reputation of a ball hawk and could play corner if he needed to.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Earl Thomas: Mayock: Thomas is best safety in the draft
Earl Thomas - DB - CLG - Feb. 23 - 2:40 pm et
NFL Network's Mike Mayock has Texas' Earl Thomas rated above Tennessee's Eric Berry as the best safety in this year's draft.
This one is a bit of a shocker, considering Berry is widely hailed as a top-five talent. Thomas' coverage skills are good enough that some teams believe he can convert to cornerback, but he may have to bulk up a bit to bypass Berry as an NFL safety. Feb. 23 - 2:40 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 992&spln=1

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]