View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 RG111 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Yes Please!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMWjmfwhCg

just say yes to RG3

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:57 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post RG111
I watched the Baylor vs Washington game last night to see what all the fuss was about RG111. After watching the game, I don't have a clue as to how good RG111 really is.
Both defenses were horrible, it was like watching a high school game.

One thing is certain, if RG111 comes out, Miami will have to trade up to draft him. Quite frankly,
his lack of size and the quality of his opponents, would give me concern. Lots of college QB's
( yes, I'll include Tebow on that list, although the verdict is still out on him ) have been unable to
transcend their game to the NFL level.

Miami needs a franchise QB, but they won't find one in the draft this year. So, let's take our
frustration out on the Jets. Destroy them, and send Jason Taylor riding off into the sunset with
a big smile on his face.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:52 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: RG111
OVERRATED!!!

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:17 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I wouldn't base your opinion on just last night's game. The guy has a lot of talent.

With the amount of teams needing QBs and this guy's banner year I would imagine Miami will have to pay a hefty price to get him. But who knows, maybe when scouts break down the tape they find flaws and he drops. Far too early to tell.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:03 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Makchell wrote:
OVERRATED!!!

I tend to agree. Look , if he falls to us we actually make the pick I'm not gonna complain much because I have been preaching to finally pull the trigger & take a QB but I have never been sold on this guy. Plus hasn't he had his share of injuries & surgeries already?

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:03 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
OVERRATED!!!

It's hard to say really. We heard the same thing about Cam Newton and he's been the best rookie QB to come out in a long time.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... riffin-iii

I'll tell you who I really like and it is Russell Wilson. I saw the kid play for 3 years and he has all the tools to play in the NFL. One thing that is against him is his 5'11" height. Being short doesn't seem to hurt Drew Brees (6'). Years down the road I think you all will remember this kid's name.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... ell-wilson

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

^^^^^^

His height is not the only thing that's keeping him out of the top QB discussions. He's another Michael Vick, a guy who can make things happen with his arm and his legs, but he is erratic at times.

Also, like Andrew Luck, his passes are wobbly and he doesn't put very much velocity on the ball.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:07 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Mak, RGIII overrated? Okay. You were probably dogging one Cam Newton also.

Take time to look at the kid numbers along with his ability. Is he similar to Mike Vick, yes, in regards to his athletic ability. But he is a much better passer than Vick.

Very bright, mature young man. As far as competition goes, the Big 12 is not the Mountain West conference. And as far as his size, he's 6'2, 220 lbs.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:33 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
OVERRATED!!!

heard the same thing about Cam Newton last year

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:03 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Way over rated !!! Looks half the size of Cam, oh, and BUTT butt UGLY !!!!!

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Overrated is ones personal opinion.

This kid is an exciting ball player and I believe will play at the Cam Newton-Michael Vick like level once he enters the NFL.

This kid is extremely smart, athletic, great head on his shoulders, so he would come in being very mature and will pick up a new system quickly. He is a leader and a playmaker. If he comes out in the draft and Miami can realistically go after him, I think you don't even hesitate.

The Dolphins could sure use someone like this in my opinion. Someone that will get the fans excited again.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:29 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

If RG111 is 6'2" 220 lbs, he doesn't look it. But if he is, that still makes him a small NFL QB.
However, other NFL QB's have overcame that.

If he falls to the Dolphins, you have to roll the dice and take him. All QB's are a gamble.
Marino was the last QB taken in his draft. Tom Brady went in the 6th round.
My point is, I don't know if RG111 is a sure thing but I think we have to take that chance
if given the opportunity.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:11 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Newton had an amazing rookie year. Give NFl defenses an offseasson and see if Cam can repeat. I don't like the Vick/Tebow/RG3 Qbs. It doesn't work in the NFL. No matter what th media says about the "future" QBs of the NFL. Let's see these guys win a SB or better yet, a playoff game.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:53 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

And yes, it's just my opinion. Don't beat me up too bad. lol

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:53 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Makchell wrote:
And yes, it's just my opinion. Don't beat me up too bad. lol

Not beating you up Mak, just don't agree with it. Just expressing my feeling on it as well.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Mak: You have some nerve always giving YOUR opinion!! lol

I see where you are coming from and getting a franchise QB is vital and I wish there was more options to choose from that were even realistic for Miami.

Heck, I haven't even heard a sniff of a good rumor on potential new coaching interviews, so that person will need to buy into this draft pick as well.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:42 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Makchell wrote:
OVERRATED!!!

Agreed. We all know we need a QB. To reach, would be a mistake.

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:21 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Look at drew brees hes a small QB and he still does work. Baylor did play some good dfenses this year in Texas and Oklahoma and he shredded both. If we could get RG3 id take him. If we cant we need to draft a RT and solidify our line once and for all.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If RGIII fell to us, I'd take him. I wouldn't go leveraging the future on moving up to take a guy like him though. To me, he is a high risk high reward prospect. Tons of college talent but lots of questions entering the NFL.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:57 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

RG III would be a no brainer in the top 5 - 10...

Considering this teams legacy of not getting the guy they should have, I think whatever it takes to get the pick for RG is the right move...

Sorry, Im sick of waiting around for the perfect opportunity... Time to take the shot....

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:38 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I want to revisit this thread when Griffin is destroying NFL defenses next year.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:20 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

if anyone is overrated it is Andrew Luck. I dont know how any player could live up to those expectations

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:22 am

10acjed wrote:
RG III would be a no brainer in the top 5 - 10...

Considering this teams legacy of not getting the guy they should have, I think whatever it takes to get the pick for RG is the right move...

Sorry, Im sick of waiting around for the perfect opportunity... Time to take the shot....

I agree , like I said I am not sold on him but if we finally pull the trigger on a first round QB I will not complain. I am all for taking the shot. It really stings when Drew Brees makes his way into these threads. And to those who say he would not have had the success he had here like in New Orleans as well as to those who say the same thing about Matt Ryan had we drafted him.... then you are faulting the staff & system which is why I am nervous about who this owner will bring in to right the ship. I know whoever it is most will say he is the right guy but I am sorry , we had the right guy in our last few coaches according to opinion here.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:21 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The only thing people aren't including here is that RG III isn't going to be just a Dolphin target if he is as good as we hope. Cleveland and Washington are in a much better position to move up and get him.

I think the three guys we need to start realistically monitoring are Landry Jones, Ryan Tannehill and Nick Foles. Of those three the one I like best based on what I've seen is Tannehill. Throws the ball with accuracy and zip, and man he's got some athletic ability as a former WR. I'm not a QB expert but he looks like 1st round material to me.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
The only thing people aren't including here is that RG III isn't going to be just a Dolphin target if he is as good as we hope. Cleveland and Washington are in a much better position to move up and get him.

I think the three guys we need to start realistically monitoring are Landry Jones, Ryan Tannehill and Nick Foles. Of those three the one I like best based on what I've seen is Tannehill. Throws the ball with accuracy and zip, and man he's got some athletic ability as a former WR. I'm not a QB expert but he looks like 1st round material to me.

I don't want any of the latter 3 you mentioned. That would be settling and just taking a QB at pick 8 just because he is a QB. I dont deem any of those 3 worthy of pick 8. Let's just go all in and trade picks/players to get either Luck or Griffin. Of course we'd have to go all the way up to 1 for Luck. Probably pick 2 or 3 for Griffin to get in front of Cleveland and Jacksonville. It would be worth it. Both great prospects.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
I don't want any of the latter 3 you mentioned. That would be settling and just taking a QB at pick 8 just because he is a QB. I dont deem any of those 3 worthy of pick 8. Let's just go all in and trade picks/players to get either Luck or Griffin. Of course we'd have to go all the way up to 1 for Luck. Probably pick 2 or 3 for Griffin to get in front of Cleveland and Jacksonville. It would be worth it. Both great prospects.

I was thinking more of Miami trading back into the first round after having spent their first pick on a player more worthy of it. I agree that I don't want them just settling with such a high pick but its possible they may be drafting in the early teens.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:42 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

dolfan91 wrote:
Look at drew brees hes a small QB and he still does work. Baylor did play some good dfenses this year in Texas and Oklahoma and he shredded both. If we could get RG3 id take him. If we cant we need to draft a RT and solidify our line once and for all.

But Drew Brees has a very high I Q...!!! And doesnt make himself look like an inmature kid on ESPN like this guy has !!!

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

immature? I.Q. ?

Six-time member of Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll and two-time Dean's List honoree... Graduated from Baylor in December 2010 with a degree in political science three years after enrolling at Baylor.

this isn't Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell we're talkin about here. Better start taking this guy seriously.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:36 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

RG3 is very smart if he does stay in school hes going to law school which is no joke. I don't know what interview your talking about but i have not seen any interviews where he looks immature. Its not like where talking about a ryan mallet or someone along those lines.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
I want to revisit this thread when Griffin is destroying NFL defenses next year.

You don't have to wait..Just look up a Cam Newton thread

People didn't want to take hime in the 1st round

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]