View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
 Lombardi: Quan asking price a 3rd round pick. 

Should Miami make this trade (3rd round pick for Boldin)?
Yes, definitely. 75%  75%  [ 27 ]
No, not worth it. 25%  25%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 36

Lombardi: Quan asking price a 3rd round pick. 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Lombardi: Quan asking price a 3rd round pick.
The NFL Network's Mike Lombardi just said the asking price for Anquan Boldin is a third-round pick.

So....yes or no??

Keep in mind our 3rd rounder is higher than Baltimore's.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:07 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Lombardi: Quan asking price a 3rd round pick.
I voted no, because they also mentioned the high contract he will be expecting and I hope they spend the FA money elsewhere.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:11 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

This is tough because he's 30 i think. I suppose I voted yes because I would rather have him over the next 3 years then whatever WR is available in the 3rd round of this years draft

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:17 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Anquan is 29, turns 30 in october. He has been solid each year he has played. I would love to see us try and get him, as im sure Henne would too. Just imagine him as our number one WR, Bess in the slot, and Camarillo along the other sideline. It would be pretty sick.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Yes, every single day of the week.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:50 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I voted yes, I would give up a 3rd round pick for a Pro Bowl, tough as hell WR that has averaged 83 catches and 1,074 yards for his 7 year career in the league.

People will say he has been hurt a lot, well he has misses 17 games in his 112 games, 7 year career, and 2 of those games was were he had a helmet put in his face by Eric Smith and was knocked out and had to have surgery to repair the orbital bone in his eye and other damage. He missed 2 games that year, the 2008 Super Bowl season.

He has the one incident that everyone unfortunately saw in the NFC Championship game when he and Todd Haley get into a screaming match and all of a sudden, this guy is in the TO class of being an butt if you let some people tell it. Well, KC is looking at possibly trying to acquire Boldin, so that let's you know what Haley thinks of Boldin.

Quite simply, the kid is a balla.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MNDolfan wrote:
Yes, every single day of the week.

And twice on Sundays.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
I voted yes, I would give up a 3rd round pick for a Pro Bowl, tough as hell WR that has averaged 83 catches and 1,074 yards for his 7 year career in the league.

People will say he has been hurt a lot, well he has misses 17 games in his 112 games, 7 year career, and 2 of those games was were he had a helmet put in his face by Eric Smith and was knocked out and had to have surgery to repair the orbital bone in his eye and other damage. He missed 2 games that year, the 2008 Super Bowl season.

He has the one incident that everyone unfortunately saw in the NFC Championship game when he and Todd Haley get into a screaming match and all of a sudden, this guy is in the TO class of being an arse if you let some people tell it. Well, KC is looking at possibly trying to acquire Boldin, so that let's you know what Haley thinks of Boldin.

Quite simply, the kid is a balla.

+1

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

He isn't going for a 3rd rounder, they're just setting up a bidding war. Add that to the 7mil per year and i say pass.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:12 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I would give up our 3rd round pick for him ... nothing higher. I think the Chiefs can outbid us for him as their 3rd round pick is higher than ours. So be it if it happens.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:02 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I would use the third rounder and offer a player to make it a more attractive offer (Camarillo?) I've mentioned Camarillo before only because he presents value to other teams (low contract, reliable hands, intelligent route runner). If you get Boldin he becomes your big target, Ginn is your deep/speed guy, Bess is your slot guy, and Hartline becomes your possession guy.

That said, I doubt Miami gives up the pick. I'm sure they will offer their 4th and a 6th, or maybe 4th and a player. I dont think they'd have a problem giving Boldin the contract. They would realize his value to both the team and Henne. The big problem here is will they be outbid by NE (with one of their 3 2nd rounders), Baltimore (could use their late 2nd), or KC (early 3rd and maybe a player.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I thought that Arizona was interested in Joey. Any chance we throw him in the trade?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:00 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I am more for trading for Brandon Marshall or finding a way to snag Dez Bryant versus the Boldin option. We need a FRANCHISE type wide receiver and I dont see him being that guy.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
So the question is, again, are the Cardinals absolutely stuck on getting a third for Boldin? Or is the third their initial negotiating stance that they'd be willing to come down from?

Now, about that contract. The contract is the primary reason Boldin is on the market. He's been unhappy with his current deal for two years and would be unhappy again in 2010 in what is the deal's final year. So he wants a new deal that pays north of $7 million per season and probably closer to $9 million per season.

That is a ton of money even in an uncapped year and it could raise eyebrows because teams aren't absolutely certain what the financial realities will be beyond this coming year.

So anyone, including the Dolphins, that considers a trade for Boldin must weigh whether they can find a younger, cheaper receiver in the third or fourth round and accept the risk of that player never panning out. And the teams must also weigh whether adding a proven 29-year-old Boldin is worth a draft pick plus a big contract.

It's all measuring risk versus reward.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... a--it.html

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:33 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

No thanks... Quan was set to hit FA.. That I would have liked...

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:56 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Finhead wrote:
I am more for trading for Brandon Marshall or finding a way to snag Dez Bryant versus the Boldin option. We need a FRANCHISE type wide receiver and I dont see him being that guy.

Now that he's been given a tender, the price for Brandon Marshall is now our 1st round pick, and sitting at pick 12, that is a steep price.

No way in hell Parcells will pay that.

Anyone holding their breath for Marshall to end up in Miami is wasting their time.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:34 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I agree, no way are we gonna break the bank for either of these guys.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:02 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Well he is a better WR than anyone on our current roster. He is proven, unlike many WR that will be there in round 3.

Price, well no matter who we get for the need positions, if we want this type of player its going to cost money..

So its a yes for me...

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Well he is a better WR than anyone on our current roster.

Culpepper was better than Feeley and Frerotte, but we're talking about Feeley and Frerotte...I'd take a paper bag instead of Ted Ginn because at least my paper bag can hold onto things for me, such as my lunch. But it's a matter what're you getting for what.

Anquan Boldin? Yes, wonderful numbers. Yes, a beast of a physical specimen. However, he's had his share of injuries, he's part of a system, and can anybody remember the last time, if any time, that Boldin caught a ball 35 yards or more down the field?

All his numbers come from running drags, screens, and hooks....I thought everyone wanted a guy that could stretch the field, no?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Anquan is a guy that can give you big YAC. He a proven commodity, and he is the physical type of WR that Parcells love.

IF you think Parcells in not interested in Boldin, think again. He is not giving up a #1 pick for a guy with talent, but on the field and off the field issues in Brandon Marshall and most folks believe he will not take Dez Bryant at #12.

What WR can Miami get in the 3rd round that is as good as Boldin?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:57 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Iowafin wrote:
10acjed wrote:
Well he is a better WR than anyone on our current roster.

Culpepper was better than Feeley and Frerotte, but we're talking about Feeley and Frerotte...I'd take a paper bag instead of Ted Ginn because at least my paper bag can hold onto things for me, such as my lunch. But it's a matter what're you getting for what.

Anquan Boldin? Yes, wonderful numbers. Yes, a beast of a physical specimen. However, he's had his share of injuries, he's part of a system, and can anybody remember the last time, if any time, that Boldin caught a ball 35 yards or more down the field?

All his numbers come from running drags, screens, and hooks....I thought everyone wanted a guy that could stretch the field, no?

I cant see the comparison...

But I do see some points. Boldin had Fitz. I think Bess - Camarillo - Hartline would be better players with a guy like Fitz stretching the field demanding double cover...

But there doesnt seem to be a Fitz out there... I guess we can put our hopes in the trifecta using the #12 for one of the top WR in the draft, then wait a year or 2 for him to develop and hope for the best....

But, I still think Boldin is better then any WR on our roster. Numbers wise he proves to be better anyway...

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
He is not giving up a #1 pick for a guy with talent, but on the field and off the field issues in Brandon Marshall and most folks believe he will not take Dez Bryant at #12.

Says who?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Steve Zissou wrote:
I thought that Arizona was interested in Joey. Any chance we throw him in the trade?

Had he not already been released, I would say sure. But he has already been released.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

So say some of these talking heads on ESPN and the NFL Network. Could Parcells surprise folks, sure he could. There always a first.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:16 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

phinsfansc wrote:

Thank You SC! Check this out- Fitz is the man in Arizona but I always thought Q was more productive in some ways when healthy.

2009 G Rec Yards TDs
Fitzgerald 16 97 1092 13
Boldin 15 84 1024 4 Clearly the TDs were uninspired, ok? But had Anquan been able to play that 16th game he wouldve about 6 more catches (on avg) totaling 90 Rec & the same amount of yards (avg 68 per game) as Larry. Trying to make the more with less argument but last years stats aren't very convincing haha So heres the year before.
Fitzgerald 16 96 1431 12
Boldin 12 89 1038 11 In 2008 Anquan on average had 7.4 receptions, 86.5 yards, & 0.9 TDs per game.

Had Boldin been able to play all 16 games (surgically repaired broken jaw) by average his numbers would have totaled -
16 118 1384 14
Point is when Q is determined he can produce with the best of them. Obviously, he feels like he's been mistreated by the Cardinals & his numbers last year showed his appreciation. I think his YAC wouldve allowed him to break a couple in 2008, surpassing Fitz yaradge. Don't you think Henne would be happy with a WR he can throw to 90-100+ times? So keep Boldin healthy & we'll go a long way. & our staff is great at keeping our players healthy

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:23 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Steve Zissou wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Thank You SC! Check this out- Fitz is the man in Arizona but I always thought Q was more productive in some ways when healthy.

2009 G Rec Yards TDs
Fitzgerald 16 97 1092 13
Boldin 15 84 1024 4 Clearly the TDs were uninspired, ok? But had Anquan been able to play that 16th game he wouldve about 6 more catches (on avg) totaling 90 Rec & the same amount of yards (avg 68 per game) as Larry. Trying to make the more with less argument but last years stats aren't very convincing haha So heres the year before.
Fitzgerald 16 96 1431 12
Boldin 12 89 1038 11 In 2008 Anquan on average had 7.4 receptions, 86.5 yards, & 0.9 TDs per game.

Had Boldin been able to play all 16 games (surgically repaired broken jaw) by average his numbers would have totaled -
16 118 1384 14
Point is when Q is determined he can produce with the best of them. Obviously, he feels like he's been mistreated by the Cardinals & his numbers last year showed his appreciation. I think his YAC wouldve allowed him to break a couple in 2008, surpassing Fitz yaradge. Don't you think Henne would be happy with a WR he can throw to 90-100+ times? So keep Boldin healthy & we'll go a long way. & our staff is great at keeping our players healthy

i agree except that part. injuries killed us last year.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rhoads30 wrote:
i agree except that part. injuries killed us last year.

I think there is rarely a situation where a staff keeps its player's healthy...I mean, you either get lucky and stay healthy or you don't seems to be the trend in the NFL.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i went with yes. im with steve on this one. i would reither have him then any other WR that would be selected in the third. he as we all know is allready a great WRso we wouldn't have to wait on developement. lets get this done.

if we can get this done & get Karlos in here i think we would be pretty set with the FA :yay:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:49 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I said yes.

I believe bringing in a vet WR that is a proven #1 target would be huge for the entire dolphin offense. He would instantly become the focal point of the opponents defense and would make it even easier on every other WR on the team. Probably easier for the TE's as well.

Yes he will probably only have 3 good years with the dolphins(4 at the most), so the braintrust will need to structure his contract accordingly.......but he also does not bring any off the field issues like some other guys being mentioned as options.

Boldin would also be a huge help in the development of Henne, as he would be able to make plays for him when needed. He'll catch the 5 yard out and turn it into a 33 yard reception.

I also believe with Boldin as the surefire #1 WR, Ginn could move into the #2 or #3 role and shine as he will see a whole lot of single coverage.......which hopefully would produce more opportunities to throw him the ball down the field?

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:14 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Apparently the Patriots are the frontrunners on a trade for Boldin at the moment.

Quote:
The New England Patriots have emerged as the frontrunner to land Arizona Cardinals star wide receiver Anquan Boldin via a trade, according to league sources.

The Baltimore Ravens have been heavily pursuing Boldin, but the Patriots lead for Boldin's services at this point.

Rest of the article is here. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Patriots-are-the-frontrunners-for-Boldin.html

Facing Moss + Boldin twice a year would suck.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:33 pm

Schefter reports Baltimore and KC are the 2 front runners...

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:39 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Wow. Just wow.

The thought of the Patriots getting him is a slap in the face.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:43 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Peter King just reported that the Ravens are close to inking the deal for quan.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:50 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

If Patrick Turner was worth a friggin 3rd round pick then Anquan is definitely worth a 3rd!!!!

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:40 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

And the Trifecta drops the ball, nice. I just pray to God they don't draft a WR in the first round.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]