View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:06 am



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Why New England sucks 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Why New England sucks
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ent_stream

Quote:
The Patriots' defensive meltdown vs. Ben Roethlisberger was hardly an aberration. New England continues to rank last against the pass and has yielded an average of 34 yards per game more than any other team.


The issue here isn't that Bill Belichick has lost his touch as a defensive coach, because his work in mitigating the damage by winning battles in the red zones has made the problem a manageable one, when combined with Tom Brady and his explosive offense. Instead, the issue is that Belichick the Personnel Man is striking out, big-time, in trying to fix the corner and safety positions.


He's not so crafty when he's not utilizing tapes at halftime or filming other team's practices. This cheating scumbag deserves none of the credit he's gotten.

_________________
Image


Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3660
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Why New England sucks
But they beat the mile high messiah.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:22 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5437
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Why New England sucks
Bellichick may be a great coach, but how many guys did he personally draft or sign to NE that were on the Super Bowl teams? Not a dig, but a serious question. I would think there were a lot of holdovers from the Parcells/Carroll regimes.


Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:54 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Why New England sucks
jammer wrote:
Bellichick may be a great coach, but how many guys did he personally draft or sign to NE that were on the Super Bowl teams? Not a dig, but a serious question. I would think there were a lot of holdovers from the Parcells/Carroll regimes.


There were. Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinest Ty Law...All their core pieces on D were there before. He did draft Seymour and Samuel though.

Great coach, but proving to not be a great drafter.

I don't think I've ever seen a defense that lacks talent like this D does. I was watching the game with my Patriots fan brother, and probably asked him who at least 6 of their starters on D were. His answer to all of them, "we picked him up off the street a week or 2 ago"...

Their D was bad at the start of the year, and now they are decimated with injuries. It's beyond ugly. They don't stand a chance in January, IMO.


Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3660
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Why New England sucks
Their defense is terrible & yet once again they dominate this division. I am beginning to think they have the benefit of playing in a weak division rather then then being so great. I mean no team in the division has done anything to stay even close to them. The Jets with all their aggressiveness still are mediocre.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:57 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Why New England sucks
FINesse wrote:
Their defense is terrible & yet once again they dominate this division. I am beginning to think they have the benefit of playing in a weak division rather then then being so great. I mean no team in the division has done anything to stay even close to them. The Jets with all their aggressiveness still are mediocre.


Yep, New England isn't that good. Put them in the North against Pittsburgh and they don't have but maybe 2 division titles. With the South and Peyton twice a year. Getting 2 games against Buffalo a year for them is pie.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:43 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 561
Post Re: Why New England sucks
Iowafin wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Their defense is terrible & yet once again they dominate this division. I am beginning to think they have the benefit of playing in a weak division rather then then being so great. I mean no team in the division has done anything to stay even close to them. The Jets with all their aggressiveness still are mediocre.


Yep, New England isn't that good. Put them in the North against Pittsburgh and they don't have but maybe 2 division titles. With the South and Peyton twice a year. Getting 2 games against Buffalo a year for them is pie.
the South is/was a terrible division, However I don't know how we didn't move to the South when the realignment took place considering Indy almost borders Canada. As well as the fact that the NFL was willing to keep Oakland and San Diego in the same division so if that was their problem with us possibly being in the same division as Jacksonville, it would be hypocritical.

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:58 pm
Posts: 23
Post Re: Why New England sucks
Patriots are a playoff team no matter what division they are in and i think they are going to win the SB this year.


Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Why New England sucks
Alex13 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Their defense is terrible & yet once again they dominate this division. I am beginning to think they have the benefit of playing in a weak division rather then then being so great. I mean no team in the division has done anything to stay even close to them. The Jets with all their aggressiveness still are mediocre.


Yep, New England isn't that good. Put them in the North against Pittsburgh and they don't have but maybe 2 division titles. With the South and Peyton twice a year. Getting 2 games against Buffalo a year for them is pie.
the South is/was a terrible division, However I don't know how we didn't move to the South when the realignment took place considering Indy almost borders Canada. As well as the fact that the NFL was willing to keep Oakland and San Diego in the same division so if that was their problem with us possibly being in the same division as Jacksonville, it would be hypocritical.


The south has been competitive virtually every season of its existence. Every team has one the division at least once...how many divisions can say that?
Even so, I believe the reason for having Miami in the East was because of the rivalries...of the 5 teams, Indianapolis didn't have the tradition of the other 4. Of course, today we look at the Indy/New England rival as tops.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:28 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 561
Post Re: Why New England sucks
Iowafin wrote:
The south has been competitive virtually every season of its existence. Every team has one the division at least once...how many divisions can say that?
Even so, I believe the reason for having Miami in the East was because of the rivalries...of the 5 teams, Indianapolis didn't have the tradition of the other 4. Of course, today we look at the Indy/New England rival as tops.
The NFC West can say they've had all 4 teams win the division at least once too.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:42 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Why New England sucks
Alex13 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
The south has been competitive virtually every season of its existence. Every team has one the division at least once...how many divisions can say that?
Even so, I believe the reason for having Miami in the East was because of the rivalries...of the 5 teams, Indianapolis didn't have the tradition of the other 4. Of course, today we look at the Indy/New England rival as tops.
The NFC West can say they've had all 4 teams win the division at least once too.


Well, I was wrong. Jacksonville never won the division. Maybe a better barometer of a division's success is the number of playoff contenders. How many divisions have had 3 of its teams in the playoffs in one season? The teams that won the AFC South had a (apart from last year) had an 11-5 or better record.
In 2007, the South had 3, and in that same year New England went undefeated with the rest of the division winning a total of 12 games. So the point isNew England does not fair as well being in the South.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:03 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.