Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:47 am 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
Jones, Barkley, Griffin III, and I don't know who else. I've only paid attention to those QB's this year. Does anybody have info on the kid from Arizona or Arizona St? Or maybe some QB's we that are off the radar because Luck seems like just a dream now...

I'm glad we won but darn I wanted Luck..... :cry: :yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:59 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
I just lost what I was going to post, so I'll just make this short.

As far as the ASU and Arizona QB's, I know nothing about Osweiler. Don't like Foles at all.

I'm not a fan of Tannehill. Need to watch more of Barkley and Lindley before giving an opinion.

Jones and Weeden are the real deal. Griffin is interesting as a developmental guy, although I would never spend a 1st round pick on a developmental QB.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:50 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
Phins Rock wrote:
I just lost what I was going to post, so I'll just make this short.

As far as the ASU and Arizona QB's, I know nothing about Osweiler. Don't like Foles at all.

I'm not a fan of Tannehill. Need to watch more of Barkley and Lindley before giving an opinion.

Jones and Weeden are the real deal. Griffin is interesting as a developmental guy, although I would never spend a 1st round pick on a developmental QB.


I also like Weeden but isn't he like 30 years old already? My favorite is Jones right now but Barkley is growing on me.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
The only guy I'd be happy with after Luck would be Ryan Tannehill. He's playing great now, and he doesn't appear to have hit his ceiling yet.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
MdDolfan wrote:
My favorite is Jones right now but Barkley is growing on me.


I'm in agreement with you. I was anti-Barkley for a while but after watching him play I'm impressed. I still prefer a QB who can really get zip on his throws but Barkley seems to have good anticipation and touch which make up for the zip.

The only thing I fear with Jones is that he seems to have a bit of that Favre/Henne "I trust my arm too much" style which could lead to early problems. All the criticism about him being to slow or crumbling under pressure I disagree with. Quick release, good reads and some nice throws on the run are what I've seen this year.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
jammer wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
My favorite is Jones right now but Barkley is growing on me.


I'm in agreement with you. I was anti-Barkley for a while but after watching him play I'm impressed. I still prefer a QB who can really get zip on his throws but Barkley seems to have good anticipation and touch which make up for the zip.

The only thing I fear with Jones is that he seems to have a bit of that Favre/Henne "I trust my arm too much" style which could lead to early problems. All the criticism about him being to slow or crumbling under pressure I disagree with. Quick release, good reads and some nice throws on the run are what I've seen this year.


I love Jones. He's a little erratic with his accuracy near the sideline, but he reminds me a lot of Aaron Rodgers. I think he's the type of QB that day 1 will have a lot of ups and a lot of downs, but if he's developed right, I think he can be a Matt Stafford/Matt Ryan type of top 10 QB. Not elite, but good enough.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:35 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
Iowafin wrote:
The only guy I'd be happy with after Luck would be Ryan Tannehill. He's playing great now, and he doesn't appear to have hit his ceiling yet.


Sorry for sounding ignorant but who does he play for? I've never seen any of his games...


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:39 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
Phins Rock wrote:
jammer wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
My favorite is Jones right now but Barkley is growing on me.


I'm in agreement with you. I was anti-Barkley for a while but after watching him play I'm impressed. I still prefer a QB who can really get zip on his throws but Barkley seems to have good anticipation and touch which make up for the zip.

The only thing I fear with Jones is that he seems to have a bit of that Favre/Henne "I trust my arm too much" style which could lead to early problems. All the criticism about him being to slow or crumbling under pressure I disagree with. Quick release, good reads and some nice throws on the run are what I've seen this year.


I loved the way he stood tall in the pocket against my Noles. I was so impressed because we were beating him down but he never looked shook (deer in headlights) to me. And then when they needed a play the most he throws a strike to Browles and takes a hell of a hit. Get's back up and does it again. I know he's been a little up and down but I've seen more good than bad. Hopefully the Colts win some games and this discussion will be a mute point!

I love Jones. He's a little erratic with his accuracy near the sideline, but he reminds me a lot of Aaron Rodgers. I think he's the type of QB that day 1 will have a lot of ups and a lot of downs, but if he's developed right, I think he can be a Matt Stafford/Matt Ryan type of top 10 QB. Not elite, but good enough.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:31 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
I've fallen in love with Barkley tonight...and Robert Griffin.

Luck is still the clear cut #1, but Barkley, Griffin and Jones are all very good too. I'll be satisfied with any of the three of those guys.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:06 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
Phins Rock wrote:
I've fallen in love with Barkley tonight...and Robert Griffin.

Luck is still the clear cut #1, but Barkley, Griffin and Jones are all very good too. I'll be satisfied with any of the three of those guys.


Agreed! and judging by the way the Dolphins are playing we are out of the top 5....


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:41 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
So Barkley was decent last night......

6 TD's, 0 INT's, 400+ yards...

There are rumors that he will stay in school because of how well USC finished the year, as the thought is they could chase a National Title next season. Hopefully that isn't the case.

If he comes out, he's cemented himself as the 2nd best QB in this draft, period. The gap between him and Jones/Griffin is pretty significant at this point. If Miami wants him, they'll have to put a really sweet package together to trade up ahead of Seattle and Washington.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
So Barkley was decent last night......

6 TD's, 0 INT's, 400+ yards...

There are rumors that he will stay in school because of how well USC finished the year, as the thought is they could chase a National Title next season. Hopefully that isn't the case.

If he comes out, he's cemented himself as the 2nd best QB in this draft, period. The gap between him and Jones/Griffin is pretty significant at this point. If Miami wants him, they'll have to put a really sweet package together to trade up ahead of Seattle and Washington.


I thought USC was ineligible for this year and next.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5112
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Hasnt Griffin had 2 knee surgeries??

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r