View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Brady Quinn 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Brady Quinn
I thought this was mighty interesting. And I'll preface by saying no I do not think Miami should go out and make a move to get Quinn in the offseason. But recently I read about his teammates saying he looked different this year and I've read Chris Mortenson advocate for him getting a second chance. He explained in his chat:

"He has Tim Tebow work ethic and character and extremely intelligent. He is a prototype QB with size. His arm and accuracy have improved. I'd be concerned about him in Denver because they spent so much time with Orton as starter and developing Tebow that there probably will be a rust factor. But in Cleveland, Quinn looked like the real deal in some starts (remember the Cutler vs. Quinn high-scoring duel?) before he broke his hand. Then came in a new regime and new regimes have a tendency to blow things out, as you well know, Scott. David Lee, a former NFL QB coach now at Ole Miss, worked with Tebow at the Senior Bowl and this past off-season worked with Peyton Manning (before his neck problem), Eli Manning and Quinn at various points. He says Quinn had a stronger arm than any, was even more accurate and only Peyton's footwork was superior. He really walked away from all those sessions that when someone gives BQ a real opportunity, something good will happen. But perception is perception and there's a hurdle to overcome for Quinn."

If he realizes his potential you can chalk him up to the Brees, Rodgers, Ryan and any other QB who has found success in the NFL that Miami had a chance to get but didn't.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:48 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Brady Quinn
Yeah, I remember during camp the talk was Quinn was not only better than Tebow, but probably as good as Orton, if they were being honest with themselves.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Quinn this Off Season along with a first round QB. If it's not Luck, I'm OK with sitting the rookie for a year while Quinn tries to prove himself.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Brady Quinn
When Quinn was in Cleveland I thought he got an unfair chance...in Denver he showcased incredible inaccuracy. Maybe he can finally reach the potential he was supposed to.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]