Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 11928
Location: Raleigh, NC
Thoughts on Herman Cain? I think what we really need to do is pick the right person to run this country. Could this be the guy?

Image

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/op ... z1aLx4KNM6

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24723
Location: Miami, FL
It would be tough for the Democrats to play the race card if he were the nominee.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Rich wrote:
It would be tough for the Democrats to play the race card if he were the nominee.



It'd be something like "Republicans are racist thinking that if they elect a black guy to run against a black then he will win because he's black."

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
I like Cain's business strategy, sure...but not being in the political arena (which has its pros) could be challenging when it comes to getting things passed.
I understand that the current big thing we need to take care of is the economy, but there is quite a bit of social issues that are causing financial problems that he doesn't seem to agree with (i.e. legalization of marijuana)

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:32 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
Democrats are already using Cornell West and Harry Belafonte to attack him so that they can avoid having the racist label placed on them.

I'd like to hear a little more about him but as of right now the man certainly has my vote.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
999 will never get passed. I like it, but because the 9% applies to all income tax, it will be seen as a tax hike on the poor and that is never popular.

The 9% sales tax is actually the smartest thing in there. It would force all the illegals to pay something in.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:51 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
He's charismatic, but that's about all he's got. He is a bit naieve and his lack of political depth will show through. Also, it's hard to say he has any qualifications. He has no political expreience and being in charge of the 37th largest pizza chain doesn't really impress anyone.

Honestly, I'm surprised he's being taken this seriously.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24723
Location: Miami, FL
degs wrote:
He's charismatic, but that's about all he's got. He is a bit naieve and his lack of political depth will show through. Also, it's hard to say he has any qualifications. He has no political expreience and being in charge of the 37th largest pizza chain doesn't really impress anyone.

Honestly, I'm surprised he's being taken this seriously.


He has better qualifications than a community organizer that has never successfully run anything in his life.

Actually, his experience goes beyond being the CEO of Godfathers Pizza.

Quote:
After completing his master's degree from Purdue, Cain left the Department of the Navy and began working for The Coca-Cola Company in Atlanta as a computer systems analyst. In 1977, he moved to Minneapolis to join Pillsbury,[28] soon becoming director of business analysis[29] in its restaurant and foods group in 1978.[citation needed]

At age 36, Cain was assigned in the 1980s first to analyze and ultimately to take the reins of Burger King, where he managed 400 stores in the Philadelphia area. At the time, Burger King was a Pillsbury subsidiary. Under Cain's leadership his region went, in three years, from the least profitable for Burger King to the most profitable.[citation needed] According to a 1987 account in the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Pillsbury's then-president Win Wallin said, "He was an excellent bet. Herman always seemed to have his act together."[30] At Burger King, Cain "established the BEAMER program, which taught our employees, mostly teenagers, how to make our patrons smile" by smiling themselves. It was a success: "Within three months of the program's initiation, the sales trend was moving steadily higher."[31]

His successes at Burger King prompted Pillsbury to appoint him president and CEO of another subsidiary, Godfather's Pizza. Cain arrived on April 1, 1986, and told employees, "I'm Herman Cain and this ain't no April Fool's joke. We are not dead. Our objective is to prove to Pillsbury and everyone else that we will survive."[32] Aiming to cut costs, Cain, over a 14-month period, reduced the company from 911 stores to 420. As a result of his efforts, Godfather's Pizza became profitable[citation needed]. In a leveraged buyout in 1988, Cain, Executive Vice-President and COO Ronald B. Gartlan and a group of investors, bought Godfather's from Pillsbury. Cain continued as CEO until 1996, when he resigned. [33]

Later in 1996 he became CEO of the National Restaurant Association, a trade group and lobby organization for the restaurant industry, where he had previously been chairman concurrently with his role at Godfather's Pizza.[34].

Cain became a member of the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 1992 and served as its chairman from January 1995 to August 1996, when he resigned to become active in national politics.[35]

Cain was on the board of directors of Aquila, Inc. from 1992 to 2008, and also served as a board member for Nabisco, Whirlpool, Reader's Digest, and AGCO, Inc.[36][24][37]


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:11 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
I'd say that's a resume that should be taken seriously. And a lot of people are impressed with him.

Maybe its time the country does something bold rather than just anoint the next person in line or someone who does a nice job bellowing tired rhetoric.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:37 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
Rich wrote:
He has better qualifications than a community organizer that has never successfully run anything in his life.


I've been hearing for 4 years (from every right winger) that Obama is not qualified. Now the argument for someone else who is not qualified is that Obama also wasn't???

Sorry, but anyone who can say that Obama isn't qualified cannot tell me that we should see Cain as a serious candidate.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:54 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
degs wrote:
Rich wrote:
He has better qualifications than a community organizer that has never successfully run anything in his life.


I've been hearing for 4 years (from every right winger) that Obama is not qualified. Now the argument for someone else who is not qualified is that Obama also wasn't???

Sorry, but anyone who can say that Obama isn't qualified cannot tell me that we should see Cain as a serious candidate.


So don't vote for Cain or any Republican candidate, its that simple.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
jammer wrote:
degs wrote:
Rich wrote:
He has better qualifications than a community organizer that has never successfully run anything in his life.


I've been hearing for 4 years (from every right winger) that Obama is not qualified. Now the argument for someone else who is not qualified is that Obama also wasn't???

Sorry, but anyone who can say that Obama isn't qualified cannot tell me that we should see Cain as a serious candidate.


So don't vote for Cain or any Republican candidate, its that simple.


I'll vote for whomever is the best candidate. Right now, I'm not seeing much good from the Republicans and Obama is less than mediocre.

In order for this country to get out of the hole that it is in, the hyperpartisan politcs needs to end.

However, my point was that I tire of one side saying the other side is wrong (in this case 'unqualified') then doing the exact same thing themselves and trying to somehow justify it. They hyper-partisan politics era needs to end.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:09 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
degs wrote:
I'll vote for whomever is the best candidate. Right now, I'm not seeing much good from the Republicans and Obama is less than mediocre.

In order for this country to get out of the hole that it is in, the hyperpartisan politcs needs to end.

However, my point was that I tire of one side saying the other side is wrong (in this case 'unqualified') then doing the exact same thing themselves and trying to somehow justify it. They hyper-partisan politics era needs to end.


Sorry but the hyper-partisan politics isn't going to stop. At this point Mitt Romney seems like the only moderate leaning candidate and thats only because people can't pinpoint where he stands on everything.

Sounds to me like Obama already has your vote.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:25 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
jammer wrote:
degs wrote:
I'll vote for whomever is the best candidate. Right now, I'm not seeing much good from the Republicans and Obama is less than mediocre.

In order for this country to get out of the hole that it is in, the hyperpartisan politcs needs to end.

However, my point was that I tire of one side saying the other side is wrong (in this case 'unqualified') then doing the exact same thing themselves and trying to somehow justify it. They hyper-partisan politics era needs to end.


Sorry but the hyper-partisan politics isn't going to stop. At this point Mitt Romney seems like the only moderate leaning candidate and thats only because people can't pinpoint where he stands on everything.

Sounds to me like Obama already has your vote.


Sounds to me you just want to think I am an Obama lover.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24723
Location: Miami, FL
degs wrote:
I've been hearing for 4 years (from every right winger) that Obama is not qualified.


I didn't say Obama wasn't qualified. I didn't say Cain was.

I said Cain has more qualifications than a former community organizer who never ran anything.

No one is qualified to be president because there is nothing that can truly prepare you for the job.

Only a person's performance once they become president truly demonstrates if they are qualified. We have three years of evidence for Obama.

And why the need for labeling?

I also noticed you failed to acknowledge the rest of my post specifying... Cain has accomplished more than just being the former CEO of Godfathers Pizza. You should better inform yourself before spouting off.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Rich on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24723
Location: Miami, FL
degs wrote:
jammer wrote:
degs wrote:
I'll vote for whomever is the best candidate. Right now, I'm not seeing much good from the Republicans and Obama is less than mediocre.

In order for this country to get out of the hole that it is in, the hyperpartisan politcs needs to end.

However, my point was that I tire of one side saying the other side is wrong (in this case 'unqualified') then doing the exact same thing themselves and trying to somehow justify it. They hyper-partisan politics era needs to end.


Sorry but the hyper-partisan politics isn't going to stop. At this point Mitt Romney seems like the only moderate leaning candidate and thats only because people can't pinpoint where he stands on everything.

Sounds to me like Obama already has your vote.


Sounds to me you just want to think I am an Obama lover.


Well seeing your lines of response (right winger) and the general tone of your posts, I could see why people could perceive you that way.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:28 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
degs wrote:
Sounds to me you just want to think I am an Obama lover.


Nope, just guessing that from your descriptions. When you claim nothing good is coming from Republican candidates and Obama is less than mediocre you are implying that Obama is at least better than the other side.

Not sure what you want to hear from the Republicans that is going to change your mind and no one else is going to suddenly emerge as a candidate.

So tell me again how I'm painting you as an Obama lover?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:06 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
Quote:
I didn't say Obama wasn't qualified. I didn't say Cain was.


I specifically did not say you for that reason.

Quote:
Only a person's performance once they become president truly demonstrates if they are qualified. We have three years of evidence for Obama.


I agree. I don't think Obama has done a good job.

Quote:
I also noticed you failed to acknowledge the rest of my post specifying... Cain has accomplished more than just being the former CEO of Godfathers Pizza. You should better inform yourself before spouting off.


If you could call a senator nothing more than a "community organizer", i can call Cain a pizza CEO.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:13 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
degs wrote:
If you could call a senator nothing more than a "community organizer", i can call Cain a pizza CEO.


But isn't that all Obama really did before getting elected to political office?

Calling Cain a pizza CEO is a complete misrepresentation of his career before politics.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24723
Location: Miami, FL
degs wrote:
If you could call a senator nothing more than a "community organizer", i can call Cain a pizza CEO.


How much experience does Obama actually have as a senator? Everytime he gets the job, he is already campaigning for the next job.

At least Cain has a long track record of running several companies and being involved in the economy.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Cain is the only one with a plan. I'll take it.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Ski_Money wrote:
Cain is the only one with a plan. I'll take it.


Gary Johnson...look him up.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:45 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
jammer wrote:
degs wrote:
If you could call a senator nothing more than a "community organizer", i can call Cain a pizza CEO.


But isn't that all Obama really did before getting elected to political office?

Calling Cain a pizza CEO is a complete misrepresentation of his career before politics.


He did that for 3 years, more than 20 years ago. To categorize that as the only thing he has ever done, or the most significant, is a "complete misrepresentation of his career before" becoming President.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:51 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
Rich wrote:
Well seeing your lines of response (right winger) and the general tone of your posts, I could see why people could perceive you that way.


No disrespect intended. Honestly. And I'll work on that.

I've said this before, and I will reiterate it here...the left wingers I know (and living in Connecticut, there are plenty) feel that I am a die hard right winger. I am neither left nor right. I agree with pieces from both sides. However, on this board, nearly everyone leans right and therefore I may seem to be a "lefty"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:15 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
degs wrote:
jammer wrote:
degs wrote:
If you could call a senator nothing more than a "community organizer", i can call Cain a pizza CEO.


But isn't that all Obama really did before getting elected to political office?

Calling Cain a pizza CEO is a complete misrepresentation of his career before politics.


He did that for 3 years, more than 20 years ago. To categorize that as the only thing he has ever done, or the most significant, is a "complete misrepresentation of his career before" becoming President.


Actually, he did it for over a decade in consulting roles with some lecturing weaved in. Just because his job title wasn't community organizer doesn't change that it was his basic role. I'd say its a pretty accurate representation of his career prior to politics.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barak_Obama


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4624
Location: MA.
But in reality

Quote:
Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was the president of the Harvard Law Review. He was a community organizer in Chicago before earning his law degree. He worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. He served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004.


Quote:
He won election to the U.S. Senate in Illinois in November 2004


To bad Cain don't even know where Lybia is...He just knows he don't agree with stopping Ghadaffi like Obama did.


The guy is as bad as Bachman and Palin...Except he is a perve


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24723
Location: Miami, FL
Obama taught constitutional law but never imagined that the individual mandate would be challenged as unconstitutional.

There is a disconnect between academia and reality.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4624
Location: MA.
Rich wrote:
Obama taught constitutional law but never imagined that the individual mandate would be challenged as unconstitutional.

There is a disconnect between academia and reality.



Facts......Try using some instead of teabagger idiotology


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:33 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
Kev1321 wrote:
But in reality

Quote:
Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was the president of the Harvard Law Review. He was a community organizer in Chicago before earning his law degree. He worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. He served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004.


Quote:
He won election to the U.S. Senate in Illinois in November 2004


You do understand the difference between a professor and a lecturer correct?

You do understand the difference between a full-time court room attorney and one who is on a board of directors that specializes in community development correct?

You want facts, just review the wikipedia article I posted.

As for Cain, I actually agree that he has proven himself not ready to be president.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Herman Cain?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:35 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
Kev1321 wrote:
Rich wrote:
Obama taught constitutional law but never imagined that the individual mandate would be challenged as unconstitutional.

There is a disconnect between academia and reality.



Facts......Try using some instead of teabagger idiotology


You've never actually answered why you resort to this type of stuff. Does it make you feel better or that your position is somehow strengthened?


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r